CompHealth Physician Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Physician Recruiter

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Beck

Pros
  • Work-life balance is very important to CompHealth (in 5 reviews)

• Friendly people and nice work environment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They preach work/life balance and putting people first (in 3 reviews)

• debilitating stress, under paid, no work life balance (in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing Culture"

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is such a great company to work for. I have the largest base salary I have ever had as a sale woman. They truly value their employees inside and outside of work.

Cons

Competing with your team is tough. Rules of engagement could improve.

"Horrid Experience"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter

Pros

Zero absolutely zero pros here compared to real cities.

Cons

Nepotism, family hick fun, and your typical sterile utah attitude crash the boards here. Worst decision professionally, actually second worse decision coming to work for once again another, boring, cornbread utah company trying to be something special from silicon valley.
    Whilst bringing religion to work, and a sense of pride that the utah bee's baseball team gets perfectly.

Advice to Management

Look out of state of you want to get rid of weird homely people from utah that actually know how to do real business.

"Physician Recruiter"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Nice amenities such as an onsite gym and clinic. Team lead was an outstanding person and very ethical. A few of my co-workers were decent people. They genuinely attempt to create a positive atmosphere.

Cons

Where to begin... First, in this role, you are not initally aware that your business essentially depends on your relationship with your client reps as they are responsible to ultimately close your business, a very socialistic form of selling. You have control up to the point of finding a good doctor for the right job, but have to pass them off in order to get them confirmed for the assignment. This is more challenging when other reps you compete against inherit a book of established doctors and you receive just one. Client reps essentially run the show. If your relationship with them is good this functions quite well. If it doesn't, for whatever reason, then good luck! But say you do get confirmation- then hope your doctors actually complete their assignments. Fall off will affect your numbers and can be brutal. This happens even if you are following the company pre-qualifying protocols. Perhaps the second annoyance is the pseudo-pep rally atmosphere. We get that it is a challenging, even stressful atmosphere. Do we really need to act like this is a junior high pep rally? Saccharine to say the least. You compete with your co-workers for the same doctors and this creates a cut-throat environment. Management praises you when you have success and finds nothing but fault if your business takes a sharp turn due fall-off or client reps who prefer to work with more-established team members. There was misleading information about how long you have to turn around your business if you are put on a performance improvement plan (PIP). I was told that you have plenty of time- in the ball park of a two months. This simply wasn't true as the moment I was put on a plan I was fighting for my job week after week. Not a very helpful prospect when one is trying to support a family. Client reps on our team had notoriously bad attitudes but were able to retain their roles with minimal discipline. Unfortunately, your success in this role depends on whether these client reps decide to push your doctors or not.

Advice to Management

Please be upfront with candidates about this position during the interview process. For instance, it's great to emphasize that this is team selling, but it would have been nice to know that you are actually competing with more established reps for the same doctors. Also, please be upfront about how long a person has to turn around their business once they are on a performance improvement plan. People would like to know what their real prospects are if they get to this point. For instance, will I be fighting for my job each week (which was reality) as opposed to the false information that I would have about two months to turn things around if I ever reached that point.

"Physician Recruiter"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Employee benefits are unmatched, two floating holidays - the day off after Thanksgiving - in addition to regular PTO - good medical / dental / vison plan - retirement plan - sales contest with fabulous rewards - on going training and sales related book club.

Cons

Very high pressure - they live and die by their matrix - when I began working there in the early 2000's it was a family time atmosphere, but over time as the company grew it has become very corporate. They protect bad leaders -

Advice to Management

Be willing to reprimand or fire leaders that promote work place discrimination and bullying. Employees would like to bring home more money and compensation has been an issue for a while - base salaries have been stagnant for over 10 years.

6. "It's A Nice place"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Definitely great Environment to be in.
    It's fun working here, and all though you have to maintain your numbers to meet your goals there's plenty of social fun events with co-workers going on that pulls you away from worrying about goals

Cons

Hard work pounding the phones, lots of no's from providers, still feels like a telemarketing job.
    You must maintain your goals in order to maintain some sort of job stability

Advice to Management

Management is great! if they can just be realistic about meeting numbers

"I'm totally burned out"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They work pretty hard to make it a great place to work superficially, but that can only take you so far

Cons

I've observed several significant instances where the putting people first culture has been completely ignored in favor of the bottom line

8. "100% recommended to anybody ready for a career"

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible atmosphere and colleagues. At first I was hesitant to believe that the culture and position was really going to be as great as they made it seem, because it seemed too good to be true. In very little time I was proved that everything that made the position up to be, was true. Coming from a background with little support, it is almost a little overwhelming (in a good way) with how much support I have received. CompHealth has me committed for this to be my career, because I know they will do everything they can to make sure I succeed.

Cons

If anybody says there are any "cons" to working with CompHealth, it is simply because they don't want to work hard and learn. There is no cap to success with working with CompHealth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and keep the continuous drive to always be open minded to new successes and ideas.

9. "Super employee friendly, amazing company culture."

I have been working at CompHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture, based in Utah, growing very fast (they are building two brand new buildings), a lot of time off and all federal holidays, very positive work environment

Cons

It's still a sales environment so it's very high pressure. The desks are formed in cubical s with very low walls, which can be a little distracting. Just nitpicking here but it's a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

I think my only advice to management would be to continue being understanding. An increase in the company match for retirement would be nice as well.

"Slipping"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CompHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good compensation plan. You can make a lot of money if you are willing to figure out how to make it work. But don't expect any help.

Cons

They believe they have an amazing training program. They don't the first week is a self agrandizing waste of time and effort. When I started they were on their way up. They even made it to the top 5 in companies to work for. Unfortunately they started buying their own hipe and have been started slidding. In one year the dropped nearly 20 spots. Instead of figuring out what went wrong they have convinced themselves it was a statistical anomaly. Bottom line you know a company is on its' way out when the CEO is jumping ship.

Advice to Management

Live the core values you preach. When you say entegrity and ethics are important to you don't look for ways to over charge your clients and under pay your doctors. Don't tell your senior sales people to tell new hires to offer doctors half what they should get paid. That is also not putting people first. In fact the only thing I think was true is your bhag making yourselves the most money, but you do need to change that to include by ripping off clients, doctors, and employees. There is a reason you have to pay $500 for a new employee and have nearly a 50% turnover rate in year one. It is because you live non of the values you teach. Like a work life balance does not mean getting to work 30 minutes early, having to work through lunch and getting lectured for asking for half an hour off to go to the doctors.

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Norwalk, CT

I worked at CompHealth full-time

Pros

Somewhat flexible work day schedule
    Management attempts to build team atmosphere with get-togethers
    Respect for family demands and schedules

Cons

More like a tele-sales job than being a Physician Recruiter
    All about numbers...had to make 70 calls minimum a day or scolded and belittled
    Told to 'yes' clients to death, but only allowed to work with the ones easily placed
    Free for all atmosphere...whoever could enter a physician into the computer first got them as a client, even if another recruiter spoke to them first
    Required to have office calls forwarded to personal cell or home phone after hours (but they don't help pay the bill!
    Very limited ability to make money the first couple of years. Bonus structure is extremely low and unmotivational.

Advice to Management

Hmmm...management used to be in used car sales. I think that says it all~