Compass Group USA Reviews
65% would recommend to a friend
(1588 total reviews)
76% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Compass Group USA
2 years ago
Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Hi! I work for Compass Group and we are looking for a contract Corporate recruiter/sourcer. The role is remote and we are headquartered in Charlotte, NC. If you are in the market would love to connect and tell you about how great we are- my email is Cameron.Black2@compass-usa.com
Got a burning question about Compass Group USA? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Compass Group USA employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Used to be a caring company that was great to work for and had good benefits." (in 131 reviews)
- "Great people and place to work" (in 66 reviews)
- "A good work life balance" (in 30 reviews)
- "Many opportunities for learning and developing in role" (in 22 reviews)
- "Good coworkers sometimes" (in 20 reviews)
- "Poor management allowed dissatisfied employees to fight" (in 93 reviews)
- "The pay was low and you had to negotiate a pay raise" (in 57 reviews)
- "Long hours, on call 24/7, upper management" (in 40 reviews)
- "Worked many long hours (salary) because company did not invest in resources nor staff ahead of time to open the account." (in 35 reviews)
- "Bad managers in the company" (in 34 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Compass Group USA and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,588 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jul 25, 2023HospitalityCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCharlotte, NC
Wonderful community of like-minded individuals who share the same passion to serve in the Sports & Entertainment industry.
I personally find joy in my work with Compass Group and have little complaints. My only observation is the turn over in management.
- 4.0Dec 1, 2023Regional ChefCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Excellent company for upward mobility, great for someone that likes change
Sometimes the people you work with don't have the leadership experience required for their role
- 4.0Nov 14, 2023Graphic DesignerCurrent EmployeeCharlotte, NC
-Most of the time I feel like work/life balance is valued -A large company with a lot of resources to grow, situated in a growing city -A large network of diverse people with DE&I a great focus in our trainings
-The same cons as you would experience at any other company -The company is large so your day-to-day experience will probably largely depend on how you get along with your team
- 1.0Nov 8, 2023Executive ChefCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
Schedule is good on the surface, but as a salaried manager, expect to be pulled in at a moment’s notice to put out a fire someone else started.
Managers do not have employees best interest in mind. People are just utilities, not humans. A culture of fear keeps managment in line and this is aggressively passed on to subordinates. Promises aren’t kept. Inefficiency runs rampant. Revolving door for staff is practically part of their core values. Compass is a corporation that truly lives by “Too big to fail”.
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023Director of CateringCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsCharlotte, NC
Hiring from with-in Promotion Opportunities
Low employee morale Little Staff recognition
- 4.0Nov 21, 2023SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew Orleans, LA
I left and came back and they had no issues with it. Was even able to negotiate higher pay
Worked at a university so was closed for summer, holidays, exc
- 1.0Jul 10, 2023BartenderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearRomulus, MI
If you complain alot or are of the male gender you can get whatever you want!
Management is a nightmare, they do not know what they are doing, promote chaos and enjoy employees that bring chaos to work, they go against health codes, SOP's and THEY JUST DON'T CARE. They are usually m.i.a, and don't count on any support if you have any issues that hinder you from doing your job, and you can count on having to deal with the most unbelievable issues, it's shocking!!!
Compass Group USA Reviews FAQs
Compass Group USA has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,648 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Compass Group USA to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
65% of Compass Group USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Compass Group USA 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.