Compass Health Reviews in Everett, WA | Glassdoor

Tom Sebastian

"Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Clinician in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great chance to start your career in this field and get trainings and skills that would be harder to get with only a B.A. or lesser degree. Also, friendly coworkers and paid trainings.

Cons

Really bad coffee. No joke. Also, management is really young and although they mean well, do not have nearly as much experience as you would expect. That being said, no complaints yet and they work hard. Demands are also intense. Pay should be higher.

Advice to Management

Increase pay by at least $2-3 an hour. It will increase worker retention. You can afford it.

"Worse employer ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Pros

Benefits and many co-workers are very nice, hours and days are good

Cons

Pay and dealing with hostile environment, HR is the worse they never investigate properly as they will fire you with out notice, they do not back up a whistle blower as they say they do

3. "Current Outlook on Employment"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers
    Great Learning Environment
    Amazing Benefits
    Decent Starting Pay

Cons

Not Enough Work (at least in my programs)
    Co-workers are too personal

Advice to Management

Management is great

4. "Clinician II"

Former Employee - Clinician II (Mental Health Counselor) in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Clinician II (Mental Health Counselor) in Everett, WA

Pros

Excellent chance to get a broad range of experience for a new comer. The experiences and different populations of clients I was exposed to and had the chance to work with was invaluable!

Cons

High staff and patient turnover. Work demands and requirements are intense. It is manageable, but you need to have strong self-care and support in order to maintain a good work-life balance.
    Patient care suffers due to the requirements to fit x-amount of patients in a day, complete assessments and take care of case management and case notes in a 40 hours work week.

Advice to Management

Patient care cannot be constantly adequate when staff are required to schedule up to 30 patients a week and be expected to complete assessments on top of that. Hire more staff to lessen the load on those who are there.

"Great place to start, Unfair pay"

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech III/Community Support Partner in Everett, WA

Pros

Friendly helpful coworkers, great place to get your foot in the door, Flexible(ish) hours

Cons

The worst paying company I have ever worked for. There is an employee that works in the same position as me, who has been here for 3 months, only has a HS Diploma, and makes over $2/hour more than me because of "experience". This person is younger than me, I actually have 3 children (which they wanted us to have experience with), and though I only have an AS degree, I am still way more qualified than this other person. It was insulting to offer such little pay to a person that actually has a family to support.

Advice to Management

Find a way to get your employees better pay... If you really care.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Pros

Several locations and positions available

Cons

Less-trained, "warm bodies hired off the street", hostile work environment, jealousy, personal problems brought to work inflicted on professional employees, feel ganged up on

Advice to Management

Be honest, deal with employees, make it a safe, professional environment, don't lie about the working conditions when you are aware there are problems among employees, hours should be correctly stated & not changed at the last minute, don't let employees gang up on professionally-oriented employees wanting to make a difference in people's lives

"So So"

Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility in the time you come in, friendly co-workers, chance to branch out and try new things, wooded location.

Cons

lots of red tape around tracking your productivity, union had to fight off company from screwing employees out of benefits, low pay.

"Compass Health Cares for its Community"

Current Employee - Secretarial in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Secretarial in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great benefits, pleasant work culture, very positive most of the time. I haven't been there really long, but I like how everyone's work is so worthwhile. The people that stay there aren't there for the money and really want to help people. Communication is very open between upper management and staff.

Cons

As a non-profit company wages are lower, staff can get overworked and stressed.

"Poor Pay, Poor Benefits"

Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compass Health offers a good starting point for young therapists right out of graduate school. Opportunity to gain lots of experience working with a diverse population of primarily medicaid clientele.

Cons

Compass Health offers very low wages for Master's level employees ($16 hour). Productivity expectations are high, and the clientele is very challenging. Benefits are poor, and the cost of adding dependents or a spouse to insurance plan is outrageous. Many employees that I work with cannot afford to add their family to the insurance plan, so their children are also on medicaid, just like the clients we serve. I just received my annual pay raise of 37 cents, and I'm not joking.

Advice to Management

Compass Health is a non-profit organization, I get that, however, there is no effort to focus on employee retention. The turnover at Compass Health is very high for a reason. Licensed, Master's level employees make less than the average receptionist with a high school diploma.