Compass Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Sebastian

1. "Current Outlook on Employment"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers
    Great Learning Environment
    Amazing Benefits
    Decent Starting Pay

Cons

Not Enough Work (at least in my programs)
    Co-workers are too personal

Advice to Management

Management is great

"Interesting Work"

Current Employee - Clinician in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great chance to start your career in this field and get trainings and skills that would be harder to get with only a B.A. or lesser degree. Also, friendly coworkers and paid trainings.

Cons

Really bad coffee. No joke. Also, management is really young and although they mean well, do not have nearly as much experience as you would expect. That being said, no complaints yet and they work hard. Demands are also intense. Pay should be higher.

Advice to Management

Increase pay by at least $2-3 an hour. It will increase worker retention. You can afford it.

"Great place to start, Unfair pay"

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech III/Community Support Partner in Everett, WA

Pros

Friendly helpful coworkers, great place to get your foot in the door, Flexible(ish) hours

Cons

The worst paying company I have ever worked for. There is an employee that works in the same position as me, who has been here for 3 months, only has a HS Diploma, and makes over $2/hour more than me because of "experience". This person is younger than me, I actually have 3 children (which they wanted us to have experience with), and though I only have an AS degree, I am still way more qualified than this other person. It was insulting to offer such little pay to a person that actually has a family to support.

Advice to Management

Find a way to get your employees better pay... If you really care.

5. "Clinician II"

Current Employee - Clinician II in Mount Vernon, WA
    Current Employee - Clinician II in Mount Vernon, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedules; lots of ongoing training opportunities

Cons

Lack of clear expectations from leadership

"Good Company, Low Pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MO

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compass Health/Pathways provides an overall good work environment, with support to grow professionally and family-friendly corporate policies.

Cons

The pay is lousy, even for a non-profit. They under-pay for the work they hire you for, not the work you actually perform.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees for the work they actually perform. I can make twice as much at another company.

"So So"

Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility in the time you come in, friendly co-workers, chance to branch out and try new things, wooded location.

Cons

lots of red tape around tracking your productivity, union had to fight off company from screwing employees out of benefits, low pay.

"Compass Health Inc. Slo County"

Current Employee - RN Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - RN Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the coworkers are nice and so are the residents

Cons

The upper management in the corporate office are sleeping with the employees. Someone else was right about the anonymous line not being anonymous, what a joke! They deserved to get sued. They promote people with poor work ethic, bad attitudes and no real experience, pay raises are few and far between. They turn a blind eye to illegal activity and harassment from administration

Advice to Management

Take some customer service training yourselves

"Compass Health Cares for its Community"

Current Employee - Secretarial in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Secretarial in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great benefits, pleasant work culture, very positive most of the time. I haven't been there really long, but I like how everyone's work is so worthwhile. The people that stay there aren't there for the money and really want to help people. Communication is very open between upper management and staff.

Cons

As a non-profit company wages are lower, staff can get overworked and stressed.

"Poor Pay, Poor Benefits"

Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compass Health offers a good starting point for young therapists right out of graduate school. Opportunity to gain lots of experience working with a diverse population of primarily medicaid clientele.

Cons

Compass Health offers very low wages for Master's level employees ($16 hour). Productivity expectations are high, and the clientele is very challenging. Benefits are poor, and the cost of adding dependents or a spouse to insurance plan is outrageous. Many employees that I work with cannot afford to add their family to the insurance plan, so their children are also on medicaid, just like the clients we serve. I just received my annual pay raise of 37 cents, and I'm not joking.

Advice to Management

Compass Health is a non-profit organization, I get that, however, there is no effort to focus on employee retention. The turnover at Compass Health is very high for a reason. Licensed, Master's level employees make less than the average receptionist with a high school diploma.

"Very poor culture starting at the top."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Not many. Good benefits if they'll give them to you. Stable industry. Healthcare isn't as affected by the economic downturn. Central Cali is a nice place to live.

Cons

Culture is lacking in integrity and morals. Upper management misrepresent company values. Very shady HR practices and poor communication throughout entire organization.

Advice to Management

Talk is cheap. Don't pretend to have high morals and values. Improve communication throughout all levels of company. Improve HR practices for all levels of company.