Compass Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.3
Tom Sebastian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Very poor culture starting at the top."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Not many. Good benefits if they'll give them to you. Stable industry. Healthcare isn't as affected by the economic downturn. Central Cali is a nice place to live.

Cons

Culture is lacking in integrity and morals. Upper management misrepresent company values. Very shady HR practices and poor communication throughout entire organization.

Advice to Management

Talk is cheap. Don't pretend to have high morals and values. Improve communication throughout all levels of company. Improve HR practices for all levels of company.

"Compass Health Inc. Slo County"

Current Employee - RN Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - RN Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the coworkers are nice and so are the residents

Cons

The upper management in the corporate office are sleeping with the employees. Someone else was right about the anonymous line not being anonymous, what a joke! They deserved to get sued. They promote people with poor work ethic, bad attitudes and no real experience, pay raises are few and far between. They turn a blind eye to illegal activity and harassment from administration

Advice to Management

Take some customer service training yourselves

"Clinician II"

I have been working at Compass Health full-time

Pros

Able to get hours towards full licensure fairly quickly. Some management very helpful.

Cons

The pay is so low that it's difficult if not impossible to provide for yourself on just this income alone. Seems to be a disconnect between upper level management and various clinics. Difficult productivity standards that rely solely on your caseload, so if you do not have an appropriate caseload it will be difficult to achieve required results.

Advice to Management

Give people a reason to stay with CH long term. As it is right now there's no incentive for anyone to stay after they attain their state mandated supervision hours, and that only increases counselor turnover, which also reduces the level of care provided.

"Poor Pay, Poor Benefits"

Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compass Health offers a good starting point for young therapists right out of graduate school. Opportunity to gain lots of experience working with a diverse population of primarily medicaid clientele.

Cons

Compass Health offers very low wages for Master's level employees ($16 hour). Productivity expectations are high, and the clientele is very challenging. Benefits are poor, and the cost of adding dependents or a spouse to insurance plan is outrageous. Many employees that I work with cannot afford to add their family to the insurance plan, so their children are also on medicaid, just like the clients we serve. I just received my annual pay raise of 37 cents, and I'm not joking.

Advice to Management

Compass Health is a non-profit organization, I get that, however, there is no effort to focus on employee retention. The turnover at Compass Health is very high for a reason. Licensed, Master's level employees make less than the average receptionist with a high school diploma.

"Worked there for over a year"

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping a community in great need.

Cons

Administration often talks poorly about patients and other staff and gets away with it. Key people seem to allow bullying and participate themselves. Upper management does nothing about the bullying. Some hsve no people skills and should not be managing people.

Advice to Management

Upper management, please sxhool yourselves on how to properly take care of your employees. Learn some about disabilities and bullying in the workplace.

"So So"

Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility in the time you come in, friendly co-workers, chance to branch out and try new things, wooded location.

Cons

lots of red tape around tracking your productivity, union had to fight off company from screwing employees out of benefits, low pay.

"Great place to start, Unfair pay"

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech III/Community Support Partner in Everett, WA

Pros

Friendly helpful coworkers, great place to get your foot in the door, Flexible(ish) hours

Cons

The worst paying company I have ever worked for. There is an employee that works in the same position as me, who has been here for 3 months, only has a HS Diploma, and makes over $2/hour more than me because of "experience". This person is younger than me, I actually have 3 children (which they wanted us to have experience with), and though I only have an AS degree, I am still way more qualified than this other person. It was insulting to offer such little pay to a person that actually has a family to support.

Advice to Management

Find a way to get your employees better pay... If you really care.

"Great employees, upper management controls employees by fear"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

Pros

Great direct management, great tips good food. The hired staff is fantastic. Great Christmas parties and informative meetings. Will pay for half of the required footwear.

Cons

requesting time off results in punishment of lack of shifts the next weeks. Schedule for the following week are most often not made until the day before. Most people are let go or made so uncomfortable that they quit. Have to clock out after 6 hours even if you still have work to do. (Dont want to pay overtime) If not, clearly threatened to be fired in an email sent by upper management.

"Good place if you have worked in communitymental health before"

I have been working at Compass Health full-time

Pros

- Not Micro managed
    - Own office to work out of
    - Good people to work with

Cons

- Salary rate is one of the lowest in Whatcom County
    - If you are new/ just out of school it is hard to get adjusted and you may not feel adequate support

Advice to Management

Pay your clinician's better.
    Provide more thorough training in orientation

"ok for experience"

I have been working at Compass Health full-time

Pros

You can get some experience with a lot of different clients here

Cons

Pay is really low and management will write you up in a heart beat. Be careful.