Compass Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Compass Health Reviews

2.0
Tom Sebastian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Poor Pay, Poor Benefits"

Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Clinician II in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compass Health offers a good starting point for young therapists right out of graduate school. Opportunity to gain lots of experience working with a diverse population of primarily medicaid clientele.

Cons

Compass Health offers very low wages for Master's level employees ($16 hour). Productivity expectations are high, and the clientele is very challenging. Benefits are poor, and the cost of adding dependents or a spouse to insurance plan is outrageous. Many employees that I work with cannot afford to add their family to the insurance plan, so their children are also on medicaid, just like the clients we serve. I just received my annual pay raise of 37 cents, and I'm not joking.

Advice to Management

Compass Health is a non-profit organization, I get that, however, there is no effort to focus on employee retention. The turnover at Compass Health is very high for a reason. Licensed, Master's level employees make less than the average receptionist with a high school diploma.

"Worked there for over a year"

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Helping a community in great need.

Cons

Administration often talks poorly about patients and other staff and gets away with it. Key people seem to allow bullying and participate themselves. Upper management does nothing about the bullying. Some hsve no people skills and should not be managing people.

Advice to Management

Upper management, please sxhool yourselves on how to properly take care of your employees. Learn some about disabilities and bullying in the workplace.

"So So"

Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Compass Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility in the time you come in, friendly co-workers, chance to branch out and try new things, wooded location.

Cons

lots of red tape around tracking your productivity, union had to fight off company from screwing employees out of benefits, low pay.

"Great place to start, Unfair pay"

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech III/Community Support Partner in Everett, WA

Pros

Friendly helpful coworkers, great place to get your foot in the door, Flexible(ish) hours

Cons

The worst paying company I have ever worked for. There is an employee that works in the same position as me, who has been here for 3 months, only has a HS Diploma, and makes over $2/hour more than me because of "experience". This person is younger than me, I actually have 3 children (which they wanted us to have experience with), and though I only have an AS degree, I am still way more qualified than this other person. It was insulting to offer such little pay to a person that actually has a family to support.

Advice to Management

Find a way to get your employees better pay... If you really care.

5. "Community Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Jefferson City, MO
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Jefferson City, MO

I worked at Compass Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are pretty great

Cons

Bad pay, hard to build up PTO as they make you use it any time you need off even for family emergencies.

Advice to Management

Raise pay

"Great employees, upper management controls employees by fear"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

Pros

Great direct management, great tips good food. The hired staff is fantastic. Great Christmas parties and informative meetings. Will pay for half of the required footwear.

Cons

requesting time off results in punishment of lack of shifts the next weeks. Schedule for the following week are most often not made until the day before. Most people are let go or made so uncomfortable that they quit. Have to clock out after 6 hours even if you still have work to do. (Dont want to pay overtime) If not, clearly threatened to be fired in an email sent by upper management.