KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Compass

Is this your company?

Compass

Add a Review

Compass Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Updated Dec 17, 2020

Found 31 of over 1,080 reviews

4.1
Compass Founder and CEO  Robert Reffkin
Robert Reffkin
Pros
  • "Lots of impactful work to do in this pre-IPO growth stage, with a strong leadership team(in 34 reviews)

• "Great work/life balance and culture(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "not for people who don't like fast paced environment(in 58 reviews)

• "Some growing pains due to hypergrowth(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Compass and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Top level Collaborative Talent

Dec 17, 2020 - Growth Leader in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing leadership team - extremely transparent, collaborative and willing to hear feedback. You can reach out to C-Level and they are willing to listen, interact and help in any way they can -Company culture, even with a (now) remote work environment, is best in class regionally and nationally. You can bring your whole self to work, share ideas and perspectives openly, and tons of virtual events and gatherings. Also the company core principles are extremely conducive to a healthy work environment -Striving to change an antiquated industry for the better - you get to work on solving problems and building in a way that positively impacts peoples/agents lives, and help them grow or have a better quality of life -Challenging yet achievable objectives - nothing is easy, but the company knows it's OKR/KPIs and has alignment across everyone towards a common set of goals -When the office is open, there's a wonderful work environment with all the normal amenities one would expect from a forward thinking organization

Cons

-Normal growing company pains, but nothing that isn't solvable or that leadership isn't willing to hear feedback on

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hoping it will get better

Dec 10, 2020 - Real Estate Broker in Kirkland, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- modern company culture and brand, exciting vision for the future, surrounded by high producing brokers.

Cons

Their technology and suite of agent tools is underwhelming. It seems like the majority of the platform is still in beta.

3. What people are saying about Compass

Join the conversation on
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing company

Nov 16, 2020 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compass has a great company culture. I loved my time there

Cons

No cons that I can think of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great potential for growth

Mar 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company with a vision to make major impact on the industry, room to grow, flexible team structure, positive outlook to promote positive company culture, great benefits.

Cons

Fast-paced, can be overwhelming if you’re not up for a challenge.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Cannot stress how much I love my job and this company!

Feb 13, 2020 - Transaction Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaboration, company culture, APPRECIATION, growth development and opportunities, BENEFITS, co-workers, the list goes on and on. I love it here!There's no other place like it from what I've witnessed. I'm still in AWE every single day.

Cons

I mean ... are there any?!

7. 5.0

So happy here!!

Dec 16, 2019 - Marketing Coordinator in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Creative/collaborative company culture, working with amazing team members, lots of office locations nationwide which makes for easy travel, great employee benefits

Cons

Don't really have any complaints, there's been a lot of movement in senior leadership / P&C this year that felt a little unstable but it was rectified quickly and didn't affect regional teams so it wasn't that unnerving. No 401k Matching yet, which isn't the end of the world because our healthcare is fully covered (which is amazing!!)

8. 5.0

High Growth Company with Plenty of Opportunity

Oct 11, 2019 - Marketing in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast growing company, that still has a huge market opportunity in front of it - Strong founder and C-suite makes you feel secure in the future of the business - Unique company culture with a tangible vision. It's a huge benefit to be able to work alongside your customer (real estate agents)

Cons

- Compass HQ serves a catered lunch every day. During lunchtime the elevators can be kind of slow.

9. 5.0

EXCITING PLACE TO WORK AND DEVELOP

Mar 25, 2019 - IT Associate in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Values employees, benefits, promote growth and development. Exciting, fast pace, and really listen to employee feedback. Much more transparent than any other company I've worked for. Big company with a small business feel and company culture is awesome! I can't express enough how grateful I am to be here.

Cons

Change is fast here which is not necessarily a con but you have to be adaptable and roll with the "punches". No "real" cons.

10. 5.0

Best place to work!!

Mar 6, 2019 - Agent Success Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since joining Compass in January of this year, I have literally not had a bad day at work! The company culture is so unique and I work with some of best and most talented people in the industry. The leadership team, both locally/regionally, and nationally are so committed to the development of both employees and agents. Compass is growing so quickly and there's a ton of room for upward mobility and opportunity around every corner. I simply LOVE it!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons of working here at this point.

11. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Tech Company Worth Looking Into!

Jul 28, 2019 - Operations in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredible office space - Company culture you can't put a price tag on - Great company vision that internal team member's buy into as well as the agents - Great benefits and perks - Great work life balance

Cons

- Some constant change but to be expected in a fast growing tech start up - If you're not comfortable with the fast change it might be a tough spot in certain divisions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews