Cover image for Compass
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Compass Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Nov 8, 2021

3.8
Compass Founder and CEO  Robert Reffkin
Robert Reffkin
1,092 Ratings

What people are saying about Compass

Join the conversation on

Consulting Exit Opportunities

1y

works at

KPMG

Holy crap… Just interviewed at Compass and they are killing it.  Sounds like a great company. Anybody at compass who can speak on the culture?

13 Comments

Tech

470K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Compass~719025
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Bad management, becoming better(in 35 reviews)
  • "low pay; no support; all about money not care(in 27 reviews)
  • "Huge hiring waves, then disruptive layoffs to follow.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Low salary, hard to take PTO, leadership out of touch(in 15 reviews)
  • "You will work long hours and achieve impossible tasks for agents and for the brand but it will go unnoticed.(in 15 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Compass and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing from the top down

Nov 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, culture, and comp

Cons

Very fast paced, a lot of change quickly

2. 5.0

A Truly Values-Driven Company

Oct 8, 2021 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compass is a company that doesn't just talk the talk, they walk it every day. The employees and company as a whole live by our entrepreneurial principals. Benefits are great and the people are unbelievably talented, driven and welcoming. It's a fast-paced workplace, but the days are filled with meaningful work that clearly contribute to the overall success of the company.

Cons

Honestly, nothing negative that I can share as of now. If you're thinking about joining the team, do it!

3. Join the Compass team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, exciting place to work

Oct 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very friendly and helpful, especially when I first joined the company; company is in an exciting phase of growth; inspirational leadership; entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture; lots of company-wide meetings and communication to employees

Cons

Just IPO'd and lacking some of the benefits of more established companies

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

No genuine regard for their employees and basically non-existent HR

Jul 13, 2020 - Creative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great place to get experience working at a fast-paced company

Cons

During my first 6 months at Compass, my manager did not acknowledge me whatsoever. I attempted to schedule multiple 1:1 meetings to discuss what was expected of me and was stood up and ghosted for every single meeting I scheduled. Compass says they pride themselves on top management when they don't train their people managers and ignore negative feedback. Spent the majority of my time at the company (2+ years) going through messy performance review processes that were unexpectedly changed every time. Every performance review I went through, I received a score that was considered "excellent", was even promised a raise during one of my reviews. Then the HR team claimed there was a computing error and they weren't able to give out raises. They seemed to find every justification under the sun for why they couldn't give anyone a bonus or raise, unless you were an obvious favorite. When you try to contact an HR person to discuss how you feel undervalued and underpaid, there is virtually no one to help you or listen. At the end of my time there, they laid-off 20% of staff on a mass bluejeans call, where they put everyone on mute and told us it was our last day.

25 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

FP&A Business Intelligence

Sep 23, 2021 - Business Intelligence in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Tons of smart people at compass. -management really takes the time to develop their employees -management recognizes and values the importance of quality of life -flexible work from home policy -competive salary and benefits

Cons

This is a fast paced environment, but I wouldn't consider that a con.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great in theory; poorly executed in practice.

Oct 6, 2020 - Marketing Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company as a whole is incredibly fast paced; don't like your current role? It'll fundamentally change within a month! Lots of opportunity to learn tons of skills you may not ordinarily touch as a marketer on the fly, in an industry that doesn't have a lot of dedicated marketing people.

Cons

Working in the marketing department at Compass means working as an assistant to hundreds of agents at once. There is little organizational structure, and that leads to miscommunication at all levels. As a member of the marketing department, there were decisions being made by outside parties that directly affected my own work, without any advance notice or input. Couple that with an overwhelming workload due to poor staffing, and it's not hard to see why turnover at this company is so high. Additionally, one of the company tenets is "move fast," but that in fact leads to nothing but sloppy work and overextended employees. You're encouraged to work as quickly as possible on everything at once, regularly launching initiatives and products that are not ready for primetime, resulting in a sloppy final product and unhappy agents.

13 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work with passionate, smart and talented people!

Jul 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

A fabulous culture that allows people to be who they are and bring their best to work. Innovative and productive mindset.

Cons

Critical thinking and high quality exist at an extremely fast pace, which isn't for everyone.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Hshdhsh

Jul 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture . Fast paced. Fun

Cons

Yes yes that’s what you said and

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Everyday is different

Dec 12, 2020 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being at Compass for a few months has taught me more than any other role I’ve been in. It’s a fast paced ever changing hyper growth company with great management that really encourages growth. Everyone I’ve worked with so far has been friendly, and easy to work with. CEO still calls every new employee on their first day to welcome them. Processes are in place, you know how to move up in the ladder and how to do so. If you put in work, the company believes and trusts in you.

Cons

Because it is fast paced and goals/deadlines change frequently, it might not be for everyone who’s more used to a structured environment.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0

Incredible Company

Apr 26, 2021 - Commission Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked here for 4 months so far with zero complaints. The company culture is very great. While the job is very fast paced, my team managers are super helpful and effective with teaching new hires on how to get things done.

Cons

Cant think of any so far.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews