Compliance Reviews | Glassdoor

Compliance Reviews

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Vice President of Compliance"

Former Employee - Vice President of Compliance in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Vice President of Compliance in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Compliance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Built a compliance department from the ground up. Liberty Bankers was a start up company and I always wanted to create my own compliance department.

Cons

CEO would purchase blocks of business based solely on potential profits and little due diligence was done making my job very cumbersome as the client files were incomplete.

Advice to Management

I have been involved in life insurance and annuity compliance for over 20 years and my latest position I was a jack of all trades. I audited our TPA's, performed corporate filings, product filings and development, complaint responses, advertising review and market conduct exam coordinator.

2. "Attorney Document Reviewer"

Former Contractor - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Contract Attorney in Washington, DC

I worked at Compliance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

DC office is close to public transportation and coffee/lunch cafes. Staff is affable.

Cons

Posted contract job for 4-6 weeks, 50 hours a week, and then ended job after 1 week. Project Managers had only a rudimentary knowledge of anti-trust law and little knowledge of the facts of the case, and thus were unable to give helpful guidance to contract attorneys.

Advice to Management

Contract attorneys expect you to do an independent evaluation of the length/requirements of the project, so that we can rely on your advertisement stating the project would last 4-6 weeks, 50 hours a week.

3. "Professional"

Former Contractor - Document Review Attorney in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Document Review Attorney in Washington, DC

I worked at Compliance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay rate. Professional environment. Flexible with schedules. Kitchen area for breaks. Extra room for expectant mothers/privacy. They have professional and Courteous recruiters.

Cons

I couldn't say any negative items about this company. It is also located conveniently in downtown DC with easy access to Metro.

5. "CSA surface"

Current Employee - Surface Mine in Harrisburg, IL
    Current Employee - Surface Mine in Harrisburg, IL

I have been working at Compliance (Less than a year)

Pros

It is work, sometimes but not steady. Secretaries were very nice.

Cons

They do not care about employees, haven't had work in 3 weeks. Have to remind them every week when they call because I haven't turned in my time sheet. Really they're a joke.

Advice to Management

Take care of employees they'll take care of you if you don't care about your workers they won't care about the company

6. "Document Reviewer on Large Project"

Former Contractor - Document Reviewer in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Document Reviewer in Washington, DC

I worked at Compliance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Central DC location, good quality team leads

Cons

Review space is outdated, crowded, bathrooms not kept clean. Low hourly rate with expectations of weekend work. Small bonus was offered for completing both days of weekend work, but it was minimal and not offered consistently. Training was held in Hilton ballroom and screens could not be seen by the majority of reviewers. People were shuffled from one location to another within the review space and to a completely different location with minimal/no notice. Lack of organization and communication.

Advice to Management

Update/remodel review space, get newer equipment (especially chairs). Make sure that expectations from recruiters is the same as project requirements, so there are no surprises. communicate upcoming changes with reviewers ahead of time.

"Good company, needs more rainmakers to keep the legal staffing work flowing!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Compliance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiters and project attorneys are very down-to-earth. The recruiters make a point of following up to tell you the status of your selection for projects. The scheduled work bands aren't very flexible, but taking leave for daily appointments, if necessary is usually, flexible, if you don't mind falling short of 40 hours due to the tight work hour bands.

Cons

Too much time goes by in between projects. In seven years affiliation with the company, regularly sending them my availability, I've only been assigned to a few projects. After being assigned to a project, I've always gotten super-positive feedback from the client and/or project manager, and I've been carried over after the first cuts usually until the very end of each project.

The recruiters say the lag between projects is due to the slow economy, but my thoughts are there aren't enough rainmakers in the company. Other similar companies I've worked for seem to be winning the more high-profile, larger contracts.

Seasoned contract attorneys seem less favorable than newbies, though seasoned contract attorneys can spot more issues which could be more lucrative for the company if they built a model around it. The pay is low and it only becomes decent when the for projects that last for more than one month.

Advice to Management

It may behoove the company to think out-of-the-box in terms of marketing and rainmaking. The company seems to be just treading water in the legal procurement area. You have enough talent to sustain a booming, consistently staffed legal department. Build more models based on your talent pool's skill sets' rather than on just selling a low cost service which only attracts low-profile client matters and new contractors who only constantly offer entry-level value. Your old school business methods and models are not going to keep you floating for long.

"incompetent management"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Washington, DC

Pros

great benefits commissions were ok

Cons

experienced management, but not competent. some of the management team had very good relations with staff and clients. Others were inept and had no understanding of the business.

Advice to Management

nothing will change without addressing the management issues you have. without an understanding of the business, compliance will not grow.

9. "Document Review Attorney"

I worked at Compliance full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, above market pay, above average facilities. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

Building gets very hot in the summer time, and bathrooms are on the small side.

Advice to Management

Consider using metrics even for cases where the client hasn't asked for them. It gives insight into who is actually putting in the work.

10. "Great Job"

Pros

Monthly Comission was very good

Cons

Weekend work every 3 weeks on call