CompuCom Reviews in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

CompuCom Chief Executive Officer Dan Stone
Dan Stone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Raises are very hard to come by, no raises for years (in 148 reviews)

• No annual performance or cost of living increases (in 36 reviews)

1. "Stagnant Growth"

Current Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with! The ability to learn something new is always there if one decided to take advantage of the opportunity.

Cons

However...there are always those who would rather decide NOT to take free opportunity.
    Personal growth has high potential. Pocketbook will have zero growth and will infact decline as no raises (not even yearly) and no other financial incentives are available. Might as well be a 1099 contractor...at least in that case you could have expenses to write off

Advice to Management

Institute a program to provide better (more usable) benefits that include a structurized incentive-based pay system that puts out rewards to the employees that are on the ground completing assignments.

"Not a good experience in the 21st century"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers. Hoping that the acquisition by Office Depot will be a positive change, despite being "A wholly owned subsidiary."

Cons

Too many to list them all. Mediocre benefits, sub-standard pay, management driven by numbers, not the real world. It's like being crushed with a sledgehammer daily. Disorganized, no clear focus, rules constantly change with the client we support. People have jumped ship and for many good reasons. This is a cut rate company at best. They nickel and dime everyone and everything and will sap every ounce of energy out of you if you let them. Demands are far too high for the sub-standard pay. Their antiquated systems need a serious makeover. How can a company provide outsourcing services when they can't manage or run themselves?

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee! Your lack of engagement into the well-being of your employees has cost the company, but the arrogance of "management" refuses to honor hard work and dedication with pay increases or more standard benefits. Everything here is outsourced and cut rate. It shows.

"The joke is on them"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not too many other than there is some insurance and other benefits. They're not fantastic, but sufficient. Coworkers were pretty good since we were all in the same tornado.

Cons

A complete disorganized mess on the best day possible. Micromanaged in some respects and not in others. Lack of understandable communication and a constant changing of game rules. The worst thing our organization ever did was outsource IT, whether it was to CompuCom or any other company that looked to take over. There are a few of us left and it's truly a nightmare. We're all looking for other jobs that are inclusive rather than treating us like red headed stepchildren. Not many in our original organization wanted to stay and we fault them, not CompuCom for that. Pay is a joke, time off is a joke. "Management" rarely engages in person when it's less than a couple of hours between sites. The company is cheap overall, nickeling and diming everything.

Advice to Management

Get your act together! Your internal ticketing system is a joke. It's clunky, cluttered and largely irrelevant. We're in the 21st century now. Onboarding was a terrible experience. Refusal to update your own infrastructure is a joke and is quite telling, not to mention, a bad reflection. Receiving a warning that the site is untrusted when accessing Outlook Webmail is the funniest thing ever. How can services be provided to others when you can't manage your own company and its infrastructure?

"Run away! Poor Company to work for!"

Current Employee - One SIte Service Technician in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - One SIte Service Technician in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary, vacation, great people (Back in the day... 10 Years ago)
    In 2015 CompuCom call all the Techs and told us they were changing the pay structure (cutting wages) everyone took a 24% pay cut. They offered a 6 weeks pay if you did not like it and wanted to leave.

If you are just starting out and need help getting industry CERTs - This is a good way to build a resume and get CERTs.

Cons

Not much support from management. Lowball starting wage and one raise in 10 years so small that it could be considered an insult (no raises in the last 3 years).
    Employee morale, benefits gradually declined, lack of work life balance, demanding work load coupled with undervalued compensation. Don't expect company appreciation through raises (cost of living or otherwise). Healthcare options went down the tube to minimums, while costs grow in the real world. Perks and bonus are out the window unless you are 'connected'.

Advice to Management

Return to the standards that you had in 2007, raises, PTO (w/ Roll over), tuition remission benefits, and return the work life balance it used to be. The company will flourish and the employees will be happier better production, better employee stability!

5. "Technical"

Former Employee - WISCONSIN in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - WISCONSIN in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Great company nice to work with

Cons

No issues, may sometimes traveling which is not that too bad

Advice to Management

Please remember me I will like to work with compucom again

"Know what you're doing"

Current Employee - Administrative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

There are many great people who give their all to make the processes work, even when they are broken. Some managers are completely there for their people and some are not. Depends on what business contract you are on, you need to build relationships with the people and build that trust. It is what you make it, it isn't easy if you have a poor work attitude.
    I will say that at least our facility and managers have a great work-life balance. Family is always #1 and they recognize our contributions... but they the only ones.

Cons

NO RAISES EVER! I wish they had told me that when they hired me. No bonuses. No perks. Take the training you can and find a better use for your career life. Corp will never be on your side. I am not disgruntled but I have been here a long time and we have lost so much in terms of pay and benefits. New hires get the bare minimum offered, whereas us older ones are at least grandfathered in. Just know this is not a long term choice.

Advice to Management

You make terrible business choices and no longer have employee loyalty. You have taken away everything from us and leave the clean-up work to the managers who are just as befuddled as we are sometimes. You have no concept how to retain some fantastic people I have seen move on... your business concepts are spiraling due to greed and that's why contracts are leaving us in droves.

"It's a job"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Team Lead in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Team Lead in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of CBT, Great co-workers, Managers willing to work with you to remove road blocks to get the job done.

Cons

Loyalty is lacking. Everyone is just looking out for their own slice of the pie. If contract is lost then you are treated as just a temp employee.

"Great Local Management"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Tm Lead in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Tm Lead in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-worker are great people and a wealth of experience. Great place to learn the trade. Depending on the account travel is possible.

Cons

They let the best people go first. Training and experience don't equal long term employment.

"Mismanaged, few opportunities for recognition or advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Coworkers are generally laid back and friendly and management is flexible about letting you work from home or leaving early if your duties permit. It's a fairly low pressure environment with little micromanagement.

Cons

There have been no pay increases in years and I have almost never seen a coworker get promoted. Benefits packages and pay are lower than they are at other companies this size.

Advice to Management

Increase compensation to reduce turnover. Recognize the work that people do. Improve communication so that people know what is going on.

"Thought it was a good company, then I started working there....."

Current Employee - EX-MS- Desktop Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - EX-MS- Desktop Support Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get your foot in the door, but make sure it doesn't get stuck in there, unless an apprentice / entry level pay check are all you ever dreamed of. "Working" staff are very competent and a great group of people to work with.
    Free pizza lunch once in a blue moon.

Cons

LOW wages, no merit / raise increases, no more performance bonus program, no overtime. Insurance will be next to nothing by next year. They keep adding responsibilities to employees work load, with out considering a promotion or raise. Imagine having a 20+ year career in IT, and making less than $18.00 an hour, with nope hope of a raise or promotion!! *** I could put a bow on it, but the place would still be a pile of crap!!***

Advice to Management

Management is here to watch the company bottom line, and keep costs down. This leads the to big money contracts for the company, but very poor wages for the people who get the job done. I realize investors want top dollar in return, but why does it have to be at the expense of your front line employees?

Showing 17 of 1,551 reviews