CompuCom Reviews in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

1.0
CompuCom Chief Executive Officer Dan Stone
Dan Stone
1 Rating

Pros
  • Allows remote work from home depending on contract you work under (in 43 reviews)

• Excellent benefits and work/life balance (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • mediocre pay; no raises; when I started with the company, overtime was plentiful (in 128 reviews)

• Rampart favoritism, no merit/yearly/cost of living raises (in 38 reviews)

"Run away! Poor Company to work for!"

Current Employee - One SIte Service Technician in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - One SIte Service Technician in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary, vacation, great people (Back in the day... 10 Years ago)
    In 2015 CompuCom call all the Techs and told us they were changing the pay structure (cutting wages) everyone took a 24% pay cut. They offered a 6 weeks pay if you did not like it and wanted to leave.

If you are just starting out and need help getting industry CERTs - This is a good way to build a resume and get CERTs.

Cons

Not much support from management. Lowball starting wage and one raise in 10 years so small that it could be considered an insult (no raises in the last 3 years).
    Employee morale, benefits gradually declined, lack of work life balance, demanding work load coupled with undervalued compensation. Don't expect company appreciation through raises (cost of living or otherwise). Healthcare options went down the tube to minimums, while costs grow in the real world. Perks and bonus are out the window unless you are 'connected'.

Advice to Management

Return to the standards that you had in 2007, raises, PTO (w/ Roll over), tuition remission benefits, and return the work life balance it used to be. The company will flourish and the employees will be happier better production, better employee stability!

"Management Incompetent/Scope Creep Rampant"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at CompuCom (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers seem to be the only best part of the job

Cons

I spent 6 years working for CompuCom, management is bad they lie to you and you don't get paid enough for what you deal with. Was forced to take a pay 25% Pay cut
    Poor management. They don't support their employees very well. You have to learn it all on your own, then they blame you if it's not done correctly. Found it hard to not to work extra hours and I never got paid for the hrs I did overtime. I found the area of coverage to work overwhelming. They don't have enough techs to cover all the work they have to do efficiently. I rather flip burgers at McDonald than going back there again. sleazy Unprofessional management

Advice to Management

Dump the low end retail clients and pay the employees what they are work as professionals!

"Probably a good company, just not on the US bank contract!"

Former Employee - IT Technician in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - IT Technician in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

US bank project
    Great team members, an honest attempt at showing moral boost when things started out slowly.
    Good amount of knowledge on team, and at times team members stepped up to help work heavy work load.

Cons

Extreme lack of direction.
    Refusal to actually hear, and I stress again: "Hear" what the technicians need to make
    for a more conducive work environment. Processes are extremely hodge podged, and
    everything is a complete mess! Techs are expected to clean up mess, adhere to broken
    processes, and learn there way through a broken environment, in which we are mostly
    in the dark about. 1.5 help, and call coordination help is almost nonexistent do in part to
    not enough employees to handle techs on US bank project.

Also forced to work under hostile conditions with US bank IT employees who are
    in the process of being laid off.

Advice to Management

Stop for a second, and ask yourselves: Why are we struggling to keep a tight lid on this project? Why is 95% of this contract an absolute nightmare, in which there is demand for overtime, and why everyone is complaining that there jobs are being made to be 10x harder then it needs to be?

Stop micro managing, listen to your techs, and realize that the bottom line are the technicians who are actually out in the field, and dealing with end user's on this project daily. Just sitting there and developing more broken processes are not the answer. Listen, and listen well, or lose this contract.

Showing 3 of 1,339 reviews