CompuCom Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CompuCom Chief Executive Officer Dan Stone
Dan Stone

Pros
  • Allows remote work from home depending on contract you work under (in 43 reviews)

• Excellent benefits and work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in 3 years even though the promise of a raise was given multiple times (in 134 reviews)

• No annual performance or cost of living increases (in 38 reviews)

"Beware Fake Positive Reviews"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Virtual none to speak of.

Cons

No direction, no leadership, no future and no loyalty.

Advice to Management

If you think a ball game or a new HQ building will mask the problems then your lying to yourself as much as you lie to your employees and the owners/investors. Beware of the fake reviews, the company has their senior staff writing reviews on here and has been offering perks (time off, lunch on them ect) for proof of positive reviews.

"Administrator"

Former Employee - Administrator in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Administrator in Bentonville, AR

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None...don't take a job with this company. You will regret it and it will make you miserable

Cons

You are a number that makes the top dogs money. Easy HR is a joke and will never give you a direct answer...that is if you're lucky enough to get a response. Complaints about management are never addressed. They do have an open door policy, problem is it's a revolving door that never lets you inside. They cut vacations, don't give raises, and will screw you at every turn...and no kiss. They've lost several large contracts over the last couple years because they put people in charge that have no idea what they're doing. Middle management has no power to make decisions, they are puppets that themselves end up getting screwed. Over the past several years...since the German dude bought three company...they have taken money from their employees to bloat their books and make them seem more profitable. More than likely this is so he can sell the company for a nice profit. If you work for them, screw them before they are you!

Advice to Management

Haha...management is a joke

"Not Employee Centric/Poor Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New Building Coming at the end of the year, could be good if you live in or near SC.

Cons

Never worked for a company that talks about progression and keeping top talent but yet seems to don't care a bit about the employees or retaining them. For an IT company this size, it really lacks progression, diversity, and resources. CompuCom functions like a mom and pop company. The leaders are so out of touch. They don’t even know what the culture is or what they want it to be. The employees that work at the client sites, prefer not to even say they work for CC because the clients they work for treat them so much better. People are scared to vocalize how they feel because you may be blackballed to be laid off at any moment.

They do just enough to say we did something but it's so mediocre you can't even feel it or they end up taking it away due to budget cuts or just because. Some departments abruptly, without no notice, in at a time when kids are out of school, took away the 1-DAY work from home privilege, there was no reason given as to why. I came to this company because of the flexibility, we were told to download our email ect to our phones to be connected. I have business that I conduct for CC in different time zones after work hours but I was told that I still must conduct the business late but at work- no flexibility in that!
    My manager knows this and simply did nothing to make an exception. I understand things change but they did not even give a chance for you to make arrangements - so knee jerk and uncaring. The current office is so loud, small, no privacy it hard to even concentrate and work. You work in close small desk areas (everyone hates it) it's an open space with no privacy, Sr. management will kick you out of a conference room, even if you have it booked. If leadership meeting on site, you can forget about getting a conference room, you have to go in the hallways, break rooms, and outside to take confidential calls or just to hear.
    The "onboarding" should not even be called onboarding- it should be called "walk in and figure it out". You have to set up your own computer, phone, order your equipment, there is no training, and people don’t even know you are coming. There is a lack of direction from your manager on goals and development. It's the worse experience I have ever had. I did not feel welcomed at all. I instantly started to regret leaving my old company after being sold a total lie.
    There is no diversity in the workplace/leadership and it lacks career pathing.
    The HR dept is a complete joke. I have worked in companies with Shared HR centers before that are one stop for most of your HR needs, they knowledgeable and helpful. The CC Easy HR Center for HR questions will not even respond or they will give you the runaround. They can't even answer basic policy questions, just get rid of them, a waste of money. The Payroll dept is a mess, you won’t get paid properly, they won’t respond, and instead of fixing the issue they will blame someone else for the mishap. The benefits are all high deductible plans, the PTO plan is lackluster only offering (2) weeks that must be accrued – I don’t even know a company that is still doing this! They are proud that they lag in the market for salaries and are not competitive.

My dept is so manual and overworked. My manager is not a leader, they are an individual contributor that has been there a long time and does not know how to lead a team that has come from other companies with progressive ideas because they have been with CC so long and have not stayed up with the current market and trends. It is very frustrating that I will not get any development. We have not even discussed my career goals and I find this is a common theme.

Advice to Management

The company has so much potential. There is a new CEO, Dan Stone, who is youthful and down to earth. Once I heard that he was taking over, I stopped my job search as I felt like through him there would be a true culture shift that could be felt for the better. I’m finding this is not the case same ol thing, different day.

Be more centralized throughout the company so we can feel more connected. Engage your employees, ask them what they want. Don’t be scared of the negative feedback that you will get, instead, take it as a learning opportunity to get better. Strive to be an employer of choice. Don’t just talk about retaining good people actually be put in the position that people want to stay. We can be more competitive but with the culture of the company, you are driving people away. The morale is so low, people hate coming to work and when I speak to people, they are trying to get out of there. Do benchmark on the culture, pay, and benefits, talk about diversity (if this is important), be flexible – you are an IT company, not a bank!

"N/A"

Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paid vacation and working remote

Cons

Management needs some help

"System Engineer"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I cannot think of any positive reasons to work for this pathetic, stagnating company that pretends to care for it's employees and customers.

Cons

Where do I begin? My experience working for these corporate jerks is the worst I have ever come across in my twenty years of being in IT. Fake, shallow, greedy corporate executives run this sorry company. Stay far away and don't believe their fake claims of being different than other boiler-plate IT companies.

Advice to Management

Believing you can get the best out of your employees by controlling them through fear and intimidation is short sighted and will eventually lead to your demise. The lack of leadership on every level is astounding and explains why you continue to rearrange deck chairs on the Titanic while finding new ways to nickle and dime 1st class passengers.

"Client Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy onboarding process - optional insurance

Cons

poor salary - poor management - no advancement potential - no job security

Advice to Management

none that I see

"In peril"

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in East Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in East Haven, CT

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many other then the customer site I support. Great people, terrific atmosphere.

Cons

Where does one begin? You know an organization is in deep trouble when they have to post fake Positive reviews on Glassdor to compensate for the true reviews of current and former employees. The already woeful benefits are literally being chipped away on a daily basis, they don't provide any basic tools, they've outsourced their internal Help Desk, which is hard to communicate with by the internal employees - And that is the product being sold to our dwindling customer base? No wonder they are losing customers at an alarming rate. There are virtually no humans in their HR department, and incompetence runs wild in their Benefits department. The private equity firm that owns Compucom has determined that having a "No Raises, No Cost Of Living" business model works in Compucom's case. I'm afraid that the fact is that this Company is in deep financial trouble and I just don't see it improving anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Sell off the assets, and allow your front line techs, those who are the money makers, to find meaningful employment elsewhere. You're losing the patient.

"Thought this was going to be a good place to work!"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Bentonville, AR

I worked at CompuCom (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro i can think of is that they were more willing to work with me being a single dad.

Cons

No raises in 3 years even though the promise of a raise was given multiple times. I was constantly passed over for jobs that i was more qualified than the person that was promoted. it is all about who you know in that company and not what you can do.

Advice to Management

nothing .. .. .. you can't do much more harm now that you've lost your contracts to the world's 2nd largest network.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There no longer are any

Cons

Pay, Bonus, Environment, No management

Advice to Management

Everyone should be treated the same, i.e., Work from home policies are from 0 to 4 days a week. Depends on who you are. Job function has no bearing. Pay the employees that do the work. Give raises to others not only yourselves.

"Keep looking and go elsewhere unless you are truly desperate"

Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck every 2 weeks and this is a good temporary stopover until you can find a real job/career.

Cons

Constant layoffs, excessive attrition (and inability to attract good talent) due to low pay, mediocre benefits with excessive deductibles, poor reputation and horrible policies like not paying you out for PTO time when you resign (so people use their time and quit with no notice--that is what I did). Inconsistent work-from-home policies, some people could do it while others couldn't. Awful "open concept" office in Charlotte which results in a noisy atmosphere, inability to concentrate or have private conversations. It might be great for some types of jobs to encourage engagement but not for the the roles in this office and especially not for those with employees that are all remotely located. You have to stand in the hallway near the bathroom or go outside to have any sort of confidential conversation--really silly. You are forced to hear your coworkers fighting/arguing/cursing at each other since their are no offices which is always a pleasant thing to experience.

Advice to Management

It's a competitive industry and the Service Desk part of the business is a money pit. Clearly, the plan is not working so it should be scrapped and replaced with something creative that will differentiate the company from everyone else.

Showing 356 of 1,395 reviews