CompuCom Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CompuCom Chief Executive Officer Dan Stone
Dan Stone

1,206 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Allows remote work from home depending on contract you work under (in 41 reviews)

• Excellent benefits and work/life balance (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • mediocre pay; no raises; when I started with the company, overtime was plentiful (in 122 reviews)

• Rampart favoritism, no merit/yearly/cost of living raises (in 38 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Transformation Well Underway"

I have been working at CompuCom full-time

Pros

New leadership, new focus. Although Private Equity owned, still taking care of performers. Investments made in all locations.

Cons

Still a little decentralized. However heard that there is a new corporate headquarters being built.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Leadership is working well together and the new CEO is driving execution.

2. "CompuCom an IT leader, a choice employer."

Current Employee - Networking Specialist in Tewksbury, MA
    Current Employee - Networking Specialist in Tewksbury, MA

Pros

An industry leader utilizing best technology. Respect and support from management. Great projects and challenges. This is a very results oriented company. An individual can take a front seat if he chooses. I've seen many people advance well within the company. CompuCom is a great place to work, and is a real resume builder too. When asked, I'm proud to say I work for CompuCom.

Cons

There are some cross division politics involved in some aspects of management. Perhaps a bit too much at times. However it does tend to foster competition, ultimately pushing teams further in most cases. Not too much of a negative as politics tend to be the case in many environments.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing lower level managers to make on the ground decisions. Its working well.

"Very good, they have all the qualities one would want to work for a company"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Fair compensation, life-work balance, respect, feedback, reward for doing a good job, good benefits, they take care of their own.

Cons

Their pay is fair for the industry. If it was great that would be the only thing I change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Very good company to work for. Resourceful in which it supplies you with certification processes and reimburses."

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CompuCom has a very extensive training program which enables certifications and advancement. Has a diverse network of employment opportunities.

Cons

Work load expectations when contracts are not renewed or on the edge, things start to get very unbalanced.

Advice to Management

When hiring personal to a position, area coverage's/expectations: Do not multiply that workload 5 fold over time and then let that person go due to not performing. I worked for this company for 16+ years servicing multiple contracts and was let go.

6. "Great Place to Expand Your Career with Opportunities to Succeed!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CompuCom gives you autonomy to do your best without much mico-management. There is great support from management to help any and all individuals succeed if they want to succeed. My managers are very approachable and real, which I really appreciate.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to working at CompuCom other than the occasional co-worker who doesn't give their full potential, but what company doesn't have at least one? CompuCom treats their employees well and offers flexibility and support.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue to allow flexibility and autonomy to the employees who continue to meet or exceed expectations/goals. The incentive plans are definitely a nice plus and give extra motivation to want to work hard.

7. "Supportive environment and hard work is rewarded"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a team of smart, dedicated, humble and supportive colleagues. I have terrific work/life balance. My efforts are rewarded and hard work pays off. I'm so grateful to work here!

Cons

In the past we haven't been as good about putting past associates back to work after completing an assignment successfully for our clients. We have put some measures in place to improve that and re-hire our alumni.

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovative approaches to motivate workers. I've had two managers since working here and I found both to be approachable and positive. They trust my instincts and experience to do the right thing in my role. They are there for guidance, when needed, which I appreciate. Please keep that up.

"Great place to grow your own talent base and freedom to work how you like"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this job, I have the freedom to try out new ideas, very little micro management. The company is helpful and responsive to us remote employees.

Cons

$$ but thats basically everyone's issue.. The particular client I work with makes it difficult to grow my own $$$ Base, but I don't think thats reflective of compucom.

"Good Work Enviorment"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good tech training and positive team. Much communication from management team. They are a large HP partner and I have enjoyed working with HP as part of there reseller program.

Cons

Frontline managers need HR and motivation training. Sometimes feedback from management can be too direct and negative without positive feedback on what you are doing right.

Advice to Management

Figure out a cloud stratiegy.

"Very Challenging yet learn enviroment"

I have been working at CompuCom full-time

Pros

Awesome people and teams to work with!

Cons

Workload doesn't match up with salary

11. "Technical Support Analyst"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Winchester, VA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for! Great pay, insurance, and management. Always told myself even if I won the lottery I'd still come to work everyday!

Cons

There was no cons that I could see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Showing 1,206 of 1,314 reviews