CompuCom Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017
1,261 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,261 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Allows remote work from home depending on contract you work under (in 43 reviews)

• Excellent benefits and work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in 3 years even though the promise of a raise was given multiple times (in 133 reviews)

• No annual performance or cost of living increases (in 39 reviews)

1. "Desktop Support"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They let me do my job and don't micro manage.

Cons

They have a poor PTO policy.

2. "Desktop Support"

Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Treat you Right, take care of you.

Cons

contractor Jobs sometimes don't allow you to advance

"AP Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very laid back. Great location

Cons

No room of growth. All the good value it represent is deteriorating.

"In peril"

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in East Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst in East Haven, CT

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many other then the customer site I support. Great people, terrific atmosphere.

Cons

Where does one begin? You know an organization is in deep trouble when they have to post fake Positive reviews on Glassdor to compensate for the true reviews of current and former employees. The already woeful benefits are literally being chipped away on a daily basis, they don't provide any basic tools, they've outsourced their internal Help Desk, which is hard to communicate with by the internal employees - And that is the product being sold to our dwindling customer base? No wonder they are losing customers at an alarming rate. There are virtually no humans in their HR department, and incompetence runs wild in their Benefits department. The private equity firm that owns Compucom has determined that having a "No Raises, No Cost Of Living" business model works in Compucom's case. I'm afraid that the fact is that this Company is in deep financial trouble and I just don't see it improving anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Sell off the assets, and allow your front line techs, those who are the money makers, to find meaningful employment elsewhere. You're losing the patient.

6. "Sr. Desk top analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family orientated; Great work

Cons

chain of command, good management

Advice to Management

Hire qualified people

"Thought this was going to be a good place to work!"

Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Multiple Positions in Bentonville, AR

I worked at CompuCom (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro i can think of is that they were more willing to work with me being a single dad.

Cons

No raises in 3 years even though the promise of a raise was given multiple times. I was constantly passed over for jobs that i was more qualified than the person that was promoted. it is all about who you know in that company and not what you can do.

Advice to Management

nothing .. .. .. you can't do much more harm now that you've lost your contracts to the world's 2nd largest network.

"Discriminatory Treatment"

Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gym in building

Coworkers have become friends

Cons

Discriminatory work from home practices - my department gets NO work from home time and every other department does. CFO manages many departments and ours is his only dept. in Dallas that has no WFH time.

Performance Evals are not used to determine raises - why bother even completing them?

Employees have been told Compucom has ONE YEAR to turn business around or we will be closing.

Reduction in Force (layoffs) for 1/3 of the workforce. This is not a place to call home for the long term.

Management gives themselves huge bonuses etc when so many people are losing their jobs.

Advice to Management

* Make a work from home policy for EVERYONE, anything less is discriminatory.

* For the past two years my performance eval has been rated "exceeds expectations". I have received no raise, no bonus, not even a thank you for the hundreds of hours of extra work I put in last year, above my 40 hrs per week.

Please fix these wrongs, this is not right at all.

"CompuCom will pay for certs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

(For the contracts I've been involved with) Good place to get your feet wet in IT desktop support roles if you have little to no experience. Management is usually not very technically inclined, so it's fairly easy to get your foot in the door with little to no experience or schooling. That being said, it's advisable to have a general interest, basic knowledge, and the ability to learn quickly for whatever roll you're applying.

CompuCom will pay for certs.

My advice is to use employment with CompuCom to obtain that 1 to 3 year standard experience requirement (and maybe some certs) then move on as soon as you find a better option, or are ready.

Cons

If you are in a 'High cost of living/pay' city or region, plan on pay that is well below industry standard. Do not expect raises or meaningful recognition. Obtaining either of these is like binding your feet and hands, then going for a swim. Available Medical insurance for regular non management employees is horrible, but available.

Advice to Management

Commission/cash bonuses for Senior management and account execs should be awarded by more strict criteria. Subordinate ratings for the senior management should have an effect on at least 25% of the total awarded commission AND cash bonus for senior management and execs. Maybe lower the commission payout or restructure the company pay grade to allow for monthly bonus incentives at the non management level, as well.

Give credit where credit is due, and give that credit the same way Senior Management and Execs expect it given for themselves . . .via cash raise or bonus.

10. "Desktop Technician Compucom"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team, good clients, Steady

Cons

Below average wages, poor communications, and coordinations, last minute updates

Advice to Management

Offer better compensation for longer term employees will keep the clients much more satisfied.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There no longer are any

Cons

Pay, Bonus, Environment, No management

Advice to Management

Everyone should be treated the same, i.e., Work from home policies are from 0 to 4 days a week. Depends on who you are. Job function has no bearing. Pay the employees that do the work. Give raises to others not only yourselves.

Showing 1,261 of 1,372 reviews