CompuCom Technical Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

CompuCom Chief Executive Officer Dan Stone
Dan Stone

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Raises are very hard to come by, no raises for years (in 142 reviews)

• No annual performance or cost of living increases (in 39 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Louisville, KY

I worked at CompuCom (More than 3 years)

Pros

What makes CompuCom a great place to work are there people. In my 3.5 years I never met anyone I didn't like or get along with. They have positions regardless the level of your career that a person would find rewarding.

Cons

None that I can think of

"Loved my time with CompuCom"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in the staffing division of CompuCom (ITWS). My manager was great. He was a very hands off manager. He trusted the recruiters to get the job done. PTO was great, benefits were pretty good for the most part. Medical was a bit expensive for a family. Commissions were outstanding. I have yet to find another company that has as good of a commission plan as CompuCom. I had a very good experience with CompuCom and was sad it had to end.

Cons

Being a remote worker, I felt, at times, left out of the going ons at the office. Also, I didn't think there were many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

If you have remote workers, try to get them a little more involved. It's not a good feeling when you are left out of the loop.

3. "Worked here several years and still enjoying it"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Making our clients/contractors happy is priority one for me and my management supports that. I feel that my manager cares about me and supports my goals for growth. They give me room to run my book of business and provide assistance when I need it.

I have worked for a number of large staffing agencies over the years and I feel like CompuCom cares about their clients/contractors, is fair in business dealings, has a strong work/life balance and I hope to work here for years to come.

Cons

Training and onboarding new hires for various departments seems to be lacking. We also need more consistent and strong focus on new business development (sales), but with the current business plan that should be changing in the near future.

Advice to Management

Set up more thorough training for the various departments and people will settle in much more quickly and be confident in their roles. Also, be consistent with direction and goals for Sales so that we can continue to grow - hold them accountable.

"I have had a long term stable, progressive career with CompuCom."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CompuCom has successfully navigated through market shifts/changes while keeping company culture and employee and customer satisfaction at it's core. Management has been very supportive, open and honest. I have seen many decisions made in the interest of retaining top talent. CompuCom is also very flexible with offering remote work solutions.

Cons

CompuCom has had to make some tough decisions to remain profitable and competitive in the marketplace. This has sometime negatively impacted some of the benefits and compensation options for current associates.

Advice to Management

Continue to remain focused on company culture and on open, honest communication.

5. "A Fun and Rewarding Environment to work"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work for those who have a passion about working in Recruiting and Information Technology. Compucom works with some of the biggest technology companies in the world. This is great for people who are actively looking for work because these companies always have openings because of growth and they pay their contractors very well. The culture of Compucom is one that is fun, rewarding, and challenging. You have a team lead and a great group of colleagues who will help you along the way. When you begin training, you are paired up with veterans who will show you the tips and tricks of what makes them successful. There are very little meetings you need to attend weekly so you have a good amount of time to spend on the phone networking and connecting with candidates. Compucom gives you all of the tools to be successful as a Recruiter. They even have an HR team and Resource Management team so you are the front line and don't have to work a full desk. The team atmosphere is great as people really enjoy what they do and they celebrate successes. No one is intimidating in the office as open dialogue is encouraged.

If you are looking for work in IT, odds are there is a position that matches what you are looking for. The companies are respected clients and contractors are eligible for benefits from day one if they choose so and can get a free Orca card in the Seattle area which is pretty cool.

If you like a good work atmosphere, a good challenge, good food, good people and good clients to put people to work at, then Compucom is a good choice.

I can honestly go home at the end of the day and say I made a difference and that is what matters most.

Cons

Like any company, there can be office drama sometimes. Tune yourself out of it and you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Thanks for listening and always having an open door policy. It helps people feel better about what they do.

6. "Supportive environment and hard work is rewarded"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with a team of smart, dedicated, humble and supportive colleagues. I have terrific work/life balance. My efforts are rewarded and hard work pays off. I'm so grateful to work here!

Cons

In the past we haven't been as good about putting past associates back to work after completing an assignment successfully for our clients. We have put some measures in place to improve that and re-hire our alumni.

Advice to Management

Keep up the innovative approaches to motivate workers. I've had two managers since working here and I found both to be approachable and positive. They trust my instincts and experience to do the right thing in my role. They are there for guidance, when needed, which I appreciate. Please keep that up.

7. "Great Place to Expand Your Career with Opportunities to Succeed!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CompuCom gives you autonomy to do your best without much mico-management. There is great support from management to help any and all individuals succeed if they want to succeed. My managers are very approachable and real, which I really appreciate.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to working at CompuCom other than the occasional co-worker who doesn't give their full potential, but what company doesn't have at least one? CompuCom treats their employees well and offers flexibility and support.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue to allow flexibility and autonomy to the employees who continue to meet or exceed expectations/goals. The incentive plans are definitely a nice plus and give extra motivation to want to work hard.

"Good agency to work for"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Awesome, transparent, easily approachable management. Really nice folks, even the CEO was really friendly and seemed very down to earth
    - Solid commission plan
    - Felt that the company genuinely cared about their employees. Were very understanding when I needed to take medical leave and was supportive of others too (other medical issues, maternity, needing to take extended leave due to a sick family member, etc)

Cons

- Poor account management. Would often bring in job orders that were unfillable/poorly qualified, which would result in a lot of wasted time by the recruiting team
    - They made some changes in the commission plan during the recession that hurt team morale, but their logic was to avoid layoffs, so I guess

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing the account management team.