Computer Aid Reviews | Glassdoor

Computer Aid President Tony Salvaggio
Tony Salvaggio

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Little room for growth and feedback is minimal" (in 4 reviews)

• "There are no cons other than the time difference in calls" (in 6 reviews)

"Sales"

I worked at Computer Aid full-time

Pros

Great leadership and a nice place to learn and work.

Cons

Not too many cons at CAI.

Aug 24, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. CAI is committed to creating a healthy and productive workplace for all our employees, and we’re glad to hear about your experience.

2. "MSP Practice."

I have been working at Computer Aid full-time

Pros

Good people. Solid compensation and well managed.

Cons

Depending on the group, you will not have much interaction with your managers.

Advice to Management

Need a layer of management between Director and on-site personnel.

"Poor management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Computer Aid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing is very positive to mention

Cons

No 401k matching
    Poor salaries
    Management keeps changing their minds on the direction of the company

4. "Great company with a community environment"

I have been working at Computer Aid part-time

Pros

I am a part time employee but every time I come into the office, everyone is very friendly which creates a great work environment. Everyone is understanding that sometimes life gets in the way and they do a great job at accommodating and offering support. The projects and objectives are clearly defined and everyone is working towards making the company better.

Cons

No onsite food options, but other than that I have been very happy with CAI.

Aug 24, 2018 – Marketing

5. "Nice starting point for a career"

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Allentown, PA

I worked at Computer Aid part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone very friendly
    teams very inclusive
    get real work to do

Cons

company was in flux during my time, so sometimes had little to do

Aug 24, 2018 – Marketing Intern

"Senior Management - Really disconnected"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Computer Aid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Less stressful Environment. Good Colleagues

Cons

Mediocre senior Management. No raises.No formal yearly reviews . Male dominated workplace. No Interest in Team members or Employees. Chicago office shud really focus on employees rather than boasting Profits and sale sfigures. No one is really happy how the management is always level headed

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees .

Aug 24, 2018 – Marketing Intern

Thank you for your feedback. CAI is committed to creating a healthy and productive workplace for all our employees, and we appreciate your input.

7. "Image Verifier"

Former Employee - Image Verifier in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Image Verifier in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Computer Aid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great for students and parents who cant work certain hours.... Flexibility

Cons

-Repetitive Task
    -Unprofessional Atmosphere (Personal Information was discussed in front of employees)
    - Favoritism

Aug 24, 2018 – Marketing Intern

"No innovation, lack of industry standards, no communication, no company direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I worked at Computer Aid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Work-Life Balance
    Relaxed environment
    Working here isn't that bad unless you actually want to work and succeed in your career (see cons)

Cons

This is a dinosaur company that only serves other dinosaur companies and/or fossils. Any highly positive reviews are either from an earlier point in the companies time or were put there by managers that were told to do so more recently.

Over the 4 years I was at this company I've seen nothing but downside. Our glassdoor rating has plummeted, more and more employees are leaving to seek better opportunities, and more work is being outsourced.

You cannot build a career here, there is no growth ladder, no way to visualize yourself within the next 2, 4, or 5 years if you decide to stay. Plus because we do not follow any other basic industry practices or use modern technologies. You will be laughed at in other interviews when you describe your experience.

There is absolutely no innovation within corporate, and other locations feel like separate companies instead of following after corporates examples.

Absolutely no communication on company vision or between teams, employees are left in the dark.

The organization is cheap, refuses to invest in its own infrastructure for the products it is desperately trying to sell. Products and services are outdated, no research is being done on what other competing companies are offering. The industry has far outpaced what the company thinks the industry needs.

Underpaid. You will be salaried at about 5k to 10k off of industry median rates. Plus no 401k match.

Managers lie to the CEO on how a product is performing just so they don't get the blame. There are also a few products that have only cost the company money for years, move on and INNOVATE. Don't just create a product you think the world needs. Solve a problem that exists within the industry.

There also is this thought process that upper-level employees think. It's along the lines that we are best at what we do because we are "Computer Aid" and we are a "World Leader". We are far from a world leader, we are a drop in the bucket. Just an old IT company that does not know what it wants to be and refuses to change its thinking. A great example of this is the website design. In 2016 the website looked like it was from 1993 and wasn't updated until 2017. How can you expect to sell products and services to modern companies without even having a modern looking website?

Honestly, I see no growth in this company over the next 2, 4, or even 8, years. If you still work there, start looking elsewhere. There are way better opportunities, trust me. If you are a prospective candidate pass on this and move on.

All of this piling on top of each other makes your work mundane and meaningless.

Advice to Management

- Be open to change, this industry is all about change and we are far behind
    - Care about employee ideas and listen to them
    - Communicate company vision and direction
    - 401k match, nothing says we don't believe in your future like not offering something that every other technology company offers.
    - If you want to be a successful technology company and play with the big boys, you have to start acting like one.

Aug 17, 2018 – Marketing Intern

Like the technology field itself, CAI is constantly evolving and is working hard to expand the solutions we offer clients. This year we have invested in building a team of experts to help companies... More

"Private company, with limited opportunities to advance and progress"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I worked at Computer Aid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with some good people at Computer Aid, Inc, over the years, but also with some questionable ones. The company used to be significantly better at providing training and advancement opportunities, but that waned in the last few years (at least from my perspective). The lower pay meant they generally kept people around longer than an average IT contracting firm, but that was also a sound business decision, in some cases. Flexibility of working offsite was a good bonus.

Cons

The pay was always under par, even for my relative skill set, and years of experience. Middle and upper management was good at selling, but had questionable ethics and interpersonal dynamics with employees. Eventually, you feel stuck on a government/state or another contract, and there is not a lot of ways out, depending on the skill set. Did not provide any outside educational incentives either, at least not on the employee level.

Advice to Management

Take care of people with good skills and potential. They are not always easy to replace. Be more merit based, and less local/state government hierarchy type, based.

"HR at CAI"

Pros

The only pro of working at CAI is the flexibility. You can work from home if you need to and there won’t be many questions asked. The people are absolutely great to work with!

Cons

The HR Representatives are overworked, extremely under paid and under appreciated. HR Representatives are over worked constantly with no break in their work load and are over looked by management. The compensation for the Reps is extremely below market value.

There is no 401k match and benefits are expensive. This isn’t a place to start a career. Just a stepping stone.

Advice to Management

Re evaluate the compensations for HR Reps, tell them thank you for their hard work.