Computer Design and Integration Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Trish Bakker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

I have been working at Computer Design and Integration (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great people. Like working with family.

Cons

Management will support everything you do or even support changes and promotions you wish for. Evven if it means being unsuccessful in the same position for a long period of time. If you love and are a great engineer, sales rep, manager, etc - don't try to be something you're not.

Advice to Management

make quicker decisions and more reviews. Too many resources in the wrong seat. Creates lots of headaches and we sometimes lose with good resources.

2. "Pre-Sales Solutions Architect"

I have been working at Computer Design and Integration full-time

Pros

Flexibility, challenging environment, market leaders, multi-vendor discipline

Cons

Management not focused on key individuals; sales team determines everything that is important for owners.

Advice to Management

It would be great that reviews have some meaningful outcome. Many long term employees clearly know that the yearly reviews are not exactly useful.

3. "Great Potential -Period of Transition"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Computer Design and Integration full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good People...Good Perks as employee...Competitive wages

Cons

Period of Transition for business

Advice to Management

Organize solutions and structure and then move forward

4. "Dont work here if you dare"

I have been working at Computer Design and Integration full-time

Pros

Earlier Teteboro CDI was great

Cons

The new CDI is lost and will not survive with the enterprise

Advice to Management

Change them as quick as you can

"Under appreciated and overworked"

I worked at Computer Design and Integration (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company trip is a nice perk if you can afford it. While it's nice to stay at a five star hotel not everyone can afford it. The people that do the real work are extremely smart, talented individuals and are always there to help you out.

Cons

I don't even know where to start. I worked there over three years and had several performance reviews but only one salary increase which I had to fight for. If you work here don't expect to ever get a cost of living increase or better yet a performance related increase in your salary. Be prepared to accept sub-par salary because the company has a very wrong idea about what is competitive salary and what they pay. Be prepared to be managed to death. There are so many people you need to answer to and you never know who is really in charge. Once you think you have it figured out don't worry they will change it. Don't expect them to invest in necessary equipment either. They won't spend a dime until it's too late and stuff that needed to be ordered is now an emergency. People are expected to work with outdated laptops which hinders productivity. It's not easy to do your job if you don't even have the right tools. Lastly the benefits are horrible and health insurance is expensive and should only be considered catastrophic insurance. Every employee knows the benefits suck and every time someone inquires the answer is always the same - we are providing the best we can.

Advice to Management

Open up your pockets and pay the people who make all this money for you. Regular performance reviews should be rewarded with additional compensation. Don't skimp on technology. You are a technology company shouldn't your people be working on computers that aren't more than three years old? Management needs to have clearer boundaries and employees should know exactly who to answer to.

"Great place until the work dries up. Just did big layoff."

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Computer Design and Integration full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent supporting staff to turn to
    Benefits are solid if you choose the highest plan
    Management seems a little discombobulated
    Friendly work environment
    Family friendly unless you have too many consecutive interruptions with someone else's request
    NJ requires 3 days in office while Atlanta only 1 which is good
    Excellent training opportunities so take advantage

Cons

Sometimes fail to use you for your best qualities on projects and issues and instead silo you into the same work over and over.
    No actual sick policy
    No 401k
    Only 10 vacation days that are frowned upon being used in advance even if they don't object.
    For all work over 40hrs they'll tell you it'll balance out when you need to miss brief time for doctors etc but they still dock you.
    Just executed a "workforce reduction" in Q4 2016 and let go of some really good techs while leaving some others that were only average. I guess it's about money but it was handled horribly. We are all still concerned.
    When the sales and project pipeline dries up, be worried!! If you're one of the newer workers, expect to be laid off.
    End of year purge of employees due to slow period seems common. If any Cheif officer flies into town, I'd be very concerned for layoffs

Advice to Management

Be a little more transparent. Layoffs are one thing but the politics are below this company. In order to make us more of an enterprise company, the management needs to trickle down a better feel for the culture.

Computer Design and Integration Response

Oct 26, 2016 – IT RECRUITER

Thanks for your candid feedback.

We certainly take all opinions from both employees and former employees into consideration as we work to improve going forward.

We are glad to hear the... More

7. "Sr. Technical Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Teterboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Teterboro, NJ

I have been working at Computer Design and Integration full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented environment, tremendous growth opportunities, invaluable leadership and a chance to touch a multitude of technologies

Cons

None to talk about

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Computer Design and Integration Response

Oct 26, 2016 – IT RECRUITER

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We work hard to make our employees feel like family and it's certainly rewarding to hear that you are enjoying the work and the culture.

"Small Guys trying to be Big Boys"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Teterboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Teterboro, NJ

Pros

Compensation
    Engineering team
    Lower Management
    Data Center and Network HW sales

Cons

Poor Management
    Dishonest is putting it mildly
    If you don't kiss butt or are related to someone you're irrelevant
    All talk - Warning, don't believe a word of it.
    The CEO (EB) who calls the shots is manipulated by his exec team

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be EMC and a Cloud Services Provider. You're not even in the same stadium never mind playing field.
    Be and act what you are.

"Edge of Tommorow"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Teterboro, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Teterboro, NJ

I have been working at Computer Design and Integration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to work on the leading edge solutions, whether in delivery or pre-sales - CDI is worth considering. Every job and org has its positives and negatives. I have never once thought that I wasn't being exposed to the latest technology or not surrounded by peers that challenge me and help me grow. Many opportunities to step up and own a particular niche. CDI leadership is not resting on laurels, they are looking to differentiate and its appreciated. Outstanding delivery team makes my life a joy. Lastly, talk to 10 random people at CDI and you'll have probably 10 examples of where CDI ownership (TB/EB) has personally reached out or been helpful and compassionate during personal crisis, family issues, etc...

Cons

Fast growth makes CDI push boundaries, often challenging internal org structure and processes. Some legacy processes and paperwork still out there. Its tough to be perfect at handling growth, but at least Mgmt is trying to improve and is open to feedback. If you are not a self-starter, like very assembly-line like procedures and want to work only on proven, repeated deployments with a 50 page step by step book, you may be disappointed here. If you want to create the "book" you should join us. You need to be assertive with your work life balance sometimes too - but its only because talent is in demand.

Advice to Management

I am happy here. I think Execs are leading us in right direction - please continue to do so.

10. "Awesome company on many levels"

I worked at Computer Design and Integration full-time

Pros

I can say that CDI is without out a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. What makes CDI so great is the most important ingredient in any company...the people! Its not "like a family", it is a family and one that is there when you need help and support through your career. I am not writing this review because I currently work at CDI and was asked but more as a thank you to great times at a great company. If you get the opportunity to work at CDI...take it!

Cons

Few and far between.

Advice to Management

EB and TB know the importance of great people hence the great team they have put together like TD and JC.