Computer Futures Solutions Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

Computer Futures Solutions CEO, SThree Gary Elden
Gary Elden

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Computer Futures Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good team atmosphere
    - Hardworking
    - Old school recruitment approach
    - Good place to learn the trade

Cons

- Deals being poached by other consultants (not good for morale)
    - Not an entrepreneurial business anymore
    - Restrictive KPIS (KPI's for KPI's sake not for business growth)

Advice to Management

- Put things in place to stop consultants stealing deals from each other. From managements perspective its not a problem as deals are being written up but it affects team morale.

- Remove KPIS for consultants with a flair for business, I found the KPI's restricted me and I met the minimums to shut management up and not to do deals. However, left on my own I would regularly exceed the targets to bring in business but on other days (when I was wrapping up deals) I would fall short of KPI's because I had the business and pipeline which didn't require me to annoy clients with an irrelevant mail shot.

"Computer without a future"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

I'm going to really struggle to fill this space. I honestly can not think of a decent word to say about them. I suppose the training is good, they will teach you the old school fundamentals.

Cons

Commission, micromanagement, immature, inconsistent, immutable, the list is endless. The fundamental problem with CF is that it is run by the dinosaurs who entered recruitment when you could send a dinner lady to a programming role and she would get the job. They were left behind around 5 years ago when reputable, service orientated recruitment companies over took them. Their whole business model is based around spot business. They will continually spam a very large database which has been built up over the years from naive consultants entering into the SThree world oblivious to the fact that they will pay you (without a doubt) the lowest commission structure available on the market. How do they get away with this? They're SThree of course. To put things in perspective your commission is based upon two things, revenue and average margin. A percentage on the revenue you make the company is the norm across the industry however average margin is something that SThree have decided to pass on to the consultant!? In a nut shell regardless of the revenue you make the company if it doesn't hit the over inflated and frankly extortionate fees they charge their clients then you do not get paid or get paid a minimal amount in comparison to what you make them. They are the only recruitment company who implement this, the rest are solely based on a percentage of your revenue. Not even the Senior Managers are able to explain this let alone the 20 year old employee from Essex who they just hired from Foxtons. When you look at SThree overall what you cant knock is their turnover - £500m+ Mostly accumulated through their international business's. Staff retention is abysmal, but who cares? Once you've realised how bad the commission is by that time you're making them 20k a month and will leave a solid client base for them to continue spamming. It would not surprise me if CF decided to rebrand, their reputation in the market is beyond repairable and will eventually be the end of them.

Advice to Management

If Senior Management spent less time swanning around in their Ibiza mansion villas and more time in sorting the mess they are in then it may be a different story. Good luck.

"Have never known a worse management team"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Computer Futures Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money can be good if you are making a lot of placements.

Cons

This company portrays that you are there to build you own business and be in control of your own money making opportunity... that's a lie. You are made to feel like a robot, the second you attempt to think out of the box and be the slightest bit entrepreneurial (which they claim to hire you for) You are taken off the floor into a room and told you are a problem and that you are setting a bad example.
    Social life? Forget it exists because if you attempt to leave the office before 8pm for even a gym class, all hell breaks loose. In this company you are a child and if you don't like it they will threaten to show you where the door is.

This company has easily the worst management team ever assembled and their attitude stinks towards those who are not willing to spend their days sucking up to them.. But if you do have the time to follow management around like a puppy then of course things will be manipulated and you will in turn receive very special treatment such as premature and undeserved promotions.
    I would never recommend anyone work here.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people with respect.

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

You can always count on the Senior colleagues will help you. Great team nights out, especially the Christmas party.

Cons

The management treat their staff like they are at school. You feel pressured on a daily basis and get shouted at in front of everyone if you make a mistake. For example saying the wrong thing on the phone, a spelling mistake or something simple as having papers on your window ledge.

Contracted hours were from 08:30-17:30 - The management introduced longer worker hours so they could get more out of them employees, which meant staying till 19:00 / 20:00 or later on a daily basis. This was not optional, Your activity including call times were checked by the management in the morning and If they were not up to par you would be taken into a meeting room to discuss performance.

If you arrived at 8:25am in the morning managers would look at you as if you were late!

If you were a minute late from your lunch break you were shouted at and made feel small in front of other colleagues.

New consultants had to cover evenings and lunches. This meant manning the phones while you eat over lunch, and additionally doing this from 17:30-19:00 once a week, which was a necessity.

Your every email was checked, every job advert and calls were listened in to – This was not to help coach, but to pick on downfalls to discuss later.

You were made to post fake job adverts to generate leads and speak to candidates about fake roles you are currently working on with a client.
    One occasion I was made to, post a fake advert, create a candidate shortlist to speak to about the fake role, get the candidates excited about it and then in a couple weeks tell them the role had been filled. Whilst speaking with the candidates I was made to extract information from them – ie: Other roles they have been put forward for or where else are they interviewing. I would then have to use this information to my advantage and send other candidates to the role they were interviewing for – making it even more competitive for the candidate. This was immoral and goes against life values, by putting someone elses opportunity at jeopardy.

Definitely would not recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like we are kids or at school. Its demoralising and rude!

"If you want to feel like your at school- join this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Computer Futures Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can- if you work all hours given- make great money! The salary structure is good. It outlines exactly what you need to do in order to get a salary increase which increases after you have been there for a certain amount of years.

Cons

If you are 5 minutes late all hell will break lose! The management in the company is what lets it down the most! They make you feel you are back at school with very strict regimes and no sense of responsibility. For them it is all about making money, not how employees think and feel. There did not seem to be a set path to follow as aims would constantly change as they go along. The only time they seemed to be happy was if you made money. If you didn't- you must have a good reason for not! The working hours are awful. They say the time is all yours and no one will clock watch you, they lied. They will! If you leave at 5.45 it must be for a very good reason!!

Advice to Management

Think about your employees more!