Computer Merchant Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

1 review

Houston, TX

1.0
John R. Danieli

Pros
  • Fun environment and beautiful building (in 5 reviews)

• I worked with TCM for a year until my assignment was complete (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours--micro managed--it's EXTREMEMLY political (in 3 reviews)

• I quit because I was making more in monthly disability payments than I was working full time at a job I hated (in 2 reviews)

1. "State of Texas had to force them to pay me owed wages."

Former Contractor - Security Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Security Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Computer Merchant as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The onboarding process is organized

Cons

TCML aka The Computer Merchant LTD subbed me out to another consulting group and then tried to stiff me an 2 weeks + 1 day of pay, and parking fees. I negotiated a fair rate and it included cost of parking in the client's garage. In the end, TCML tried to refuse to pay me my last 2 weeks of salary and then stopped paying for my parking after the first week. What I found was that they did not add the parking in my clause and backtracked on what they said.

I had to get the Texas Workforce Comission involved and the state of Texas FORCED them to pay me my missing wages. After a 2nd audit review, the state also forced them to pay a 2nd time because they found out that payroll had decided to deduct another day of pay over time without justification.

Advice to Management

Teach your recruiters and account managers to be honest and transparent.

Computer Merchant Response

Sep 7, 2016 – HR Director

TCM pays all consultants in accordance with state and federal regulation and as agreed upon between TCM, the client and the consultant. TCM does its due diligence to ensure any outstanding issues ... More

Showing 1 of 58 review