Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Pros
  • Top work life balance, flexible work arrangements (in 24 reviews)

• Offers work from home for some positions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management do not live the values and there is a distinct lack of trust across business functions (in 14 reviews)

• Very little room for growth unless you are determined to develop on your own, willing to relocate and hop between departments (in 7 reviews)

"Call center Rep"

Former Employee - Proxy Solicitor in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Proxy Solicitor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has Great pay and benefits plus good work hours. You have the option to get in extra hours on weekends. Highly secure building and access to cafeteria...

Cons

Tedious work, making over 150 calls, each call should be done in under 2 mins. Micro managed to the tee. Everything is recorded through your phone, only 30 mins for break.

Advice to Management

Learn to become more personal with employees.

"Not a great company"

Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are not many. Some clienrs are great and certain departments.

Cons

Management does not care about employees. No raises or bonuses for many years. Emplyees are expected to work long hours for no compensation. Atmosphere is terrible. Currently there are many layoffs.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees by comminicating with them. Telling them that they should be happy to just have a job is not enough.

"Benefits good no training or advancement"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, relaxed environment, great co-workers

Cons

No advancement or training. Too much deadwood. It's a good ole'boy club.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead wood, you buy up small companies but you have people just hanging around doing the minimum. You're losing good people because they are not recognized for the work.

"Poor culture, poor environment."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intro pay is okay and provided free parking, although it's a ten minute walk away.

Cons

Selfish work environment, squeamish leadership, poor company-wide communication, hires under-qualified workers. Frequently answering for someone else's mistakes. Very conservative/old corporate standards for workplace expectations and business conduct. And a somewhat disturbing facade of upward mobility - this is stressed so often during the training period but the actual "promotions" are actually insignificant steps up the ladder, effectively horizontal moves. Employee retention seems low, with several found instances of new hire groups that diminished over 75% within six months.

Advice to Management

First and foremost, hire more qualified workers. Too often I am answering for mistakes because of another employee's carelessness. Also, teams are short-staffed. Call center can hardly handle high volumes and maintain high quality when human resources are scarce - the computer resources only go so far.

Communication concerning standard processing procedures seem to break down too often. Beyond CSRs misinforming shareholders often, internal processing of received documents and handling outbound documents fails frequently and I constantly run into situations as a CSR with not understanding the mechanics behind what I am talking about. In-house resources consistently fall short with respect to these situations. Though many issues the CSRs deal with are not complicated, there are enough situations in a day that require serious critical thinking that several CSRs are not equipped to handle because they lack the proper legal and financial training required to do so, which makes Computershare appear extremely unprofessional.

6. "Computershare Review"

Former Employee - Temporary in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Temporary in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare (Less than a year)

Pros

The $17 per hour, flexible schedule day and evening, location within Metro Boston, handy to the highway

Cons

Waited over two hours to meet with management to be fingerprinted. Kept changing order of applicants rather than first come first served.

Advice to Management

Try doing an Undercover Boss on your hiring managers. Experiencing this firsthand will make you sick.

"Options"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at this company for over 14 years and when I left I couldn't have hated it more. I loved my co-workers but management was forced to become micromanaging which made for a very overwhelming, uneasy and unfair work environment. It felt more like grade school then work....no talking, not even about work. No more than 7-11 mins on an item, you are timed based on every item being the same, not on the level of difficulty or on how long it may actually take you. Company is being driven into the ground by the higher ups. no raises, not even a cost of living in my last 5 years there.
    PTO time was a pro
    Schedule could be flex with understanding management, and it usually was.

Cons

Micromanaging
    Unfair work expectations
    Unappreciated employees
    No raises

Advice to Management

Management is only doing what they are told to do. The higher ups are running it into the ground.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

was close to home, ok benefits, nice coworkers. Really hard to find pros at this stage

Cons

over managed by inept managers, dodgy hiring practices - (why I quit), NO raises, no respect for employees, the list goes on. Used to be a great company

Advice to Management

open your eyes

"accounting"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Canton, MA

Pros

benefits, close to home, diversity,

Cons

Long hours with not overtime pay or comp time if you are salary employee. pressure from managers to meet strict deadlines. The amount of work increase and the company do not hire extra staff to handle the extra work. T

Advice to Management

treat employees better

"CA II at Specialized Loan Servicing"

Former Employee - Collections Assistance in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Collections Assistance in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Computershare (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice bonuses (if you get one)

Cons

Disorganized and clueless management
    Attrition was the highest I've seen in a call center. After I started, 4 managers and 5 supervisors quit. Also, two supervisors stepped down and changed departments. As a collection assistance you do everything. Even when other departments mess up, you have to explain to customers what happened. When a customer needs assistance with their mortgage pymtns, they fax docs to India, not to U.S. They take their good old time uploading important docs, so we can't see that it was received. The customer sometimes have days for a assistance to be approved since they are in Foreclosure, but does the company cares....no! "Just tell the customer to send the paperwork again." Then it goes to India again....and God knows how many days it will take them to download that info, so we can't help the customer. Worst company I've ever worked for. RUN!!!!

Advice to Management

Get it together. Hire managers who care and know what they are doing.

"Would not recommend"

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Computershare (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros working for this company.

Cons

No recognition for hard work. No bonuses or raises ever.