Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The perfect place for work-life balance - almost never expected to work on weekends or evenings (in 29 reviews)

• Offers work from home for some positions (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Lower pay than competitors, limited room for growth in sydney (in 9 reviews)

• No raises for anyone this year company wide (in 15 reviews)

1. "Great teamwork, poor planning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Major emphasis on teamwork, reasonable PTO, casual dress code, reasonable workload majority of the time

Cons

Poor planning by management, tendency to put all eggs in one basket, frequent last-minute changes

Advice to Management

Prioritize the people that do the most work. Assign mentors and

2. "Customer Service Rep"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Computershare as a contractor

Pros

Great pay and easy work

Cons

Mindless work, boring, on the phone all the time

Advice to Management

keep it up

3. "Senior Tax Compliance Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

work from home, learn new applications, worked in various departments.

Cons

skip years without a raise

"Good company with some kinks"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good pay
    -Career advancement is actually a reality and not just used as a empty promise
    -Good benefits

Cons

-The new office is Louisville is still very, very new so there is still a lot of room to grow as far as organization.
    -High turnover in entry-level positions
    -Micromanagement from other sites

Advice to Management

I love working at Computershare. They actually back up their promises for upward mobility within the company. The office is Louisville is still in its formulative years, so it is growing at a rapid pace. With that is a lot of opportunity to secure a good career. I was promoted fairly quickly.

This is not a good place to work if don't like being micro-managed. The company chooses when you go on breaks, lunches ect. every day. You are monitored very closely and some people feel suffocated by this.

"Computershare review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great manager and co-workers in my department. Friendly people in department. Tuition reimbursement benefits and 401K match are great. I Learn every day on job. Have been reimbursed for classes. There's plenty to learn about the stock transfer business.

Cons

try to bring different departments together somehow , so we can learn more about the big picture.

Advice to Management

Provide learning opportunities -such as seminars or workshops - on other department's responsibilities and objectives. These learning opportunities of other departments would be very helpful for new employees to understand everyone's roles at Computershare and to understand the big picture.

6. "National campaign unit"

I have been working at Computershare part-time

Pros

Good pay, good managers, easy work.

Cons

Gets redundant, shareholders are not always nice and receptive.

7. "Definitely one of my better jobs, even though it was temp."

Former Contractor - Proxy Call Center Agent in Canton, MA
    Former Contractor - Proxy Call Center Agent in Canton, MA

I worked at Computershare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as a temporary Proxy Call Center Agent through a couple of staffing firms for roughly 3 months, the length of the contract I had signed to begin the job. I have to say, having come from a couple of high-intensity and heavily mismanaged sales jobs, this was downright relaxing by comparison.

The job is very similar to lead generation, but the company helps out tremendously with the process. You're even given a script to work with AND rebuttals to use, which is nothing short of fantastic.

The job itself is fairly straightforward since you're effectively sticking to the script. Additionally, even if you screw up, management is heavy on constructive criticism and will be happy to break down what happened and what to do next time.

Building off of that, management and supervisors are extremely friendly, and will be happy to help out on a moment's notice. This isn't a sink-or-swim job. They treat their temps like legitimate employees for the most part, and they legitimately want to see people succeed at their work. It's honestly the best managerial environment I've seen in my history.

Also, the coffee's good and dirt-cheap. :)

Cons

-No benefits. Granted, this was a temp job, so that's somewhat to be expected, and I knew what I was getting into beforehand. Just something to keep in mind when applying for the job.
    -The job can admittedly get a bit tedious due to repetition or if the dialer isn't active. Thankfully, you can bring a book to keep yourself occupied between calls. Cell phones are 100% verboten, though, due to security concerns.
    -Some of the staffing firms have an odd payroll structure due to working on a service period, which effectively equates to a paycheck every 2 weeks once everything's stabilized after 2 service periods. If you get the job directly through Adecco, though, you'll get paid every week. It's the same rate either way, albeit distributed differently.
    -Not much room to move up due to strictly temp nature of job. I did hear about one of my co-workers moving to accounting, so your mileage may vary, though.
    -The job did inevitably end, sadly, but that's to be expected of a temp role. Heck, I got an extra week due to a small assignment extension.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You guys are running a really tight ship, and I would happily return if the option were to present itself in the future.

8. "Computershare Review"

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

Management, Atmosphere, Benefits, Flexibility, Size

Cons

Compensation, Profit Sharing, Stock Options

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in IT and absolutely love the company and what it stands for. Coming from a company that had very strict policies and a toxic culture, Computershare is a breath of fresh air. The people are helpful and friendly, there are team and company events, the leadership cares about their employees and the environment is welcoming.

Cons

I have no experienced any cons yet.

10. "Account Manager"

Pros

Good Management. Open Work Enviornment.

Cons

Not very flexible in work schedule