Computershare Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Computershare Chief Executive Officer Stuart Irving
Stuart Irving

Pros
  • The perfect place for work-life balance - almost never expected to work on weekends or evenings (in 26 reviews)

• Offers work from home for some positions (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Major lack of diversity among the male Anglo-centric ranks of mid/senior management (in 15 reviews)

• Lower pay than competitors, limited room for growth in sydney (in 8 reviews)

"Great company!"

Former Employee - Vice President, Recruiting in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Vice President, Recruiting in Louisville, KY

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diversified , nimble , friendly global, green focus, long-tenured employees, great benefits, focus on development, mobility, special projects, customized training schedule, transparency, multicultural, open, low status, no offices, collaborative, growing in Louisville, invests in community, balanced policies and procedures. Profit sharing plan, Employee stock purchase Plan, wellness programs, events

Cons

Change so fast its hard to keep up , change averse st some levels, inconsistent merit increases, cost consciousness , still figuring itself out, some resentment over the growth strategy in Louisville

Advice to Management

Don't just listen to employees, respect them, lead them.

"SR QA SIU TSG L&R CASH SME"

Current Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior QA Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office is great- the coworkers are like family. everybody is kind and caring- we volunteer to help in the community we live in. The management are eager to help me succeed with very detailed training and building experience for people to move up the ladder quickly. I love my job and I move from Boston to work here. I love my Team Lead and the professionalism in the processing area.

Cons

I am not comfortable with the Occupancy tracking and I have to pay for my parking - they offer parking but it is too far from the building for a woman to walk alone in the dark to get to the office. I decided to buy my parking to avoid that. There is nothing else that I can come up with that I do not like.

Advice to Management

Check the productivity level and the quality level of the employee and not the occupancy- even if you are in your chair working but not in the workflow item the occupancy shows you not working this is my only issue.

"Great people, great place"

Former Employee - Event Quality Administrator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Event Quality Administrator in Louisville, KY

I worked at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, genuine commitment to diversity, environmentally focused..

Cons

Insurance package is expensive if covering dependents.

"Great company"

Current Employee - General Management in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - General Management in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are amazing people at this company, and I'm confident this will be a longstanding career. Every job has its issues, but they are small in comparison to how great my job is. Management cares about work life balance. They constantly are promoting teamwork and support for one another. Most positions have very flexible schedules, casual dress code with jeans every day, and lots of PTO and paid days off. It's just s good company, and I'm blessed to work at Computershare.

Cons

It's a 15 minute walk from the free parking garage, but that's not a big deal. It's hard work and you need to use your brain! Some people may find that a con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

5. "Investment Service Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for and great team mates

Cons

Moved out of state to KY

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees that had been there, specially the new managers that are hired from outside the company.

6. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Server Engineer in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Server Engineer in Canton, MA

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewards those willing to put in an extra effort, and go above and beyond. Will give spot bonuses, comp time, and performance bonus for hard workers. Nice office and cafeteria. Free coffee everyday, and lunch on occasion. Team outings. Offers work from home for some positions. Pays for annual training.

Cons

Management has made some strides over the years, but still needs to make some more improvements in the organization. Several reports over the last several years, and going through another one now.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Hold yourselves to the same standard that you hold your employees to.

7. "I started as a temporary employee in customer service and got hired to a permanent position a few months later"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in College Station, TX

I have been working at Computershare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The call center manager over my division is amazing. There is always opportunity to take on something new. The people I work with are very nice for the most part and inclusion is encouraged.

Cons

Sometimes office politics in a call center from employees gets problematic however everything that does become uncomfortable is handled quickly and fairly.

"Couldn't Be More Pleased"

Current Contractor - Senior Customer Serice Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Contractor - Senior Customer Serice Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Computershare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Modern Company
     - "Cushie" Environment
     - Competitive Pay

Cons

- Not a good fit for Slackers
     - Advancement requires Patience
     - Upper Mgmt is always Stressed

Advice to Management

- Don't keep support staff in the dark, include them more in planning when possible
     - Give Mgmt the support staff and authority necessary to meet higher expectations

"IT Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I have been working at Computershare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work-life balance, good people, a candid technical environment where no one is seeking to shift blame. Financially stable.

Cons

Generally considered below market salaries. As I said above, this is a financially stable company. You won't generally find multi-thousand dollar employee outings or extravagant parties. You also won't find our CEO on a private jet either.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is a great place to work and I've definitely enjoyed my time here so far.

Computershare Response

Apr 15, 2016 – VP, Recruiting

We are proud of the Pro's that you mentioned, and appreciate your feedback so much! Our goal is to ensure that our talented team members are fairly compensated and feel valued for their ... More

10. "Career Advancement"

Current Employee - Lead Business Systems Analyst in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Lead Business Systems Analyst in Canton, MA

I have been working at Computershare full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for career advancement
    Caring and knowledgeable coworkers

Cons

I dislike the open floor plan, there is no privacy.

Computershare Response

Apr 15, 2016 – VP, Recruiting

Your service and contributions to our company are much appreciated, as is this feedback. We are sorry about your experience with the open floor plan, as the intent is to reflect our culture of ... More