KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Comscore

Engaged Employer

Comscore

Add a Review

Comscore Employee Reviews about "leadership"

Updated Aug 9, 2022

Found 62 of over 607 reviews

3.5
Comscore CEO Bill Livek
Bill Livek

What people are saying about Comscore

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Comscore and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "leadership"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Do not work here if you want job security.

Jun 12, 2019 - Analyst in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People you work with day to day are generally pleasant and intelligent. - Exposure to lots of different and interesting data. - Benefits are ok (except barely any 401k match and no education reimbursement)

Cons

Ever since departure of most recent CEO Bryan Weiner (and way before that too, let's be honest), company has been on a downward spiral led by the most incompetent interim CEO dale fuller (he does not like to capitalize his name in a desperate attempt to seem relevant and hip). Stock has decreased more than 60% since April, and all signs point to the company prepping for a sale. I've been here for 5 years, where I've seen 5 different CEOs and a multitude of layoffs, several of which are never announced or addressed by management. Employee morale is very low right now because of all the changes and lack of competent leadership. Avoid working here at all costs. If you currently work here, get out now.

15 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Poor leadership

Dec 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Robust raw data assets - A few really talented people left in meaningful roles - Decent work-life balance - Good healthcare -Great vacation benefits

Cons

- Leadership is comprised of stale rentrak execs who promote one another into positions they are unqualified for. No fresh thinking. - Huge retention issues dating back several years. Employees are treated as expendable cogs that can be used and replaced. - Lack of focus - leadership unwilling to make tough strategic decisions about the direction of the company. Company continues chasing every possible dollar of revenue and unsuccessfully attempting to compete in too many aspects of the ecosystem. - Women in my department continually given major additional responsibility (in the form of rolling entire full time jobs under them when someone would leave) without promotion or pay increases. - Lack of resources to accomplish anything meaningful, which became exhausting - Sales and client success teams primarily comprised of 'C Players' who are unmotivated and push pieces of their core responsibilities onto other departments. (Didn't used to be that way but recent management has allowed this to continue as part of the culture and even encouraged it to some degree) - Overly commercial-led culture where sales team (or whoever yells the loudest) has far too much impact on what gets built when without an understanding of the bigger picture - Abismal 401k benefits...still

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Interesting 6 Months... Than Laid Off.

Jun 22, 2016 - Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team that I worked directly with in Marketing was incredible - very knowledgeable, proficient in their role/responsibilities and just really good, nice people. Leadership in the marketing group understood the value of MarTech and how it could elevate our ability to meet our goals and objectives. My leadership also understood my skill set and proficiency and what I could bring to the table if given the opportunity. Great work/life balance (probably because of what I document in the Cons below)

Cons

I was part of the group that was laid off in February 2016. After only 6 months on the job, I was given my walking papers which ended up being one of the best things for my career. It was very difficult for me to actually get anything done in my role - the relationship between marketing and sales seemed to be very political at times. Trying to get new ideas off the ground, while valued, never really happened. There were times where I was "coached" on how to communicate with other people in the organization and while I appreciated the "guidance", it was this level of micromanagement that made it difficult for me to actually want to share ideas with people. I worked out of the Toronto office which seemed very stale and dated. There were days where I would go in and a word would not be spoken. I am sure the people there were extremely nice, but because I was not part of the departments that worked out of there, there was no need to talk to me. It became clear to me after a month or so that my role wasn't really needed in the group that I worked in - as I said in my "pros" comments, my team was extremely proficient - oftentimes overlapping with my roles and responsibilities. I never felt like my work was going to go anywhere because of the political nature I experienced - what I thought would be beneficial to the group to understand from a marketing performance standpoint seemed to turn into busy work. The only true project that I felt I got done was helping to get our group nominated for an award based on projects that I was not a part of - I was asked to help with this because the person in my role previously was the one that did it the year before. I certainly don't regret my time at comScore as it was definitely a learning experience and met and worked with some of the brightest people in my career, however, I don't feel like I was ever utilized properly nor did I feel like I could actually get something done.

8 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Struggling company with good ideas

May 13, 2020 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership of Sara and Carole are great! Bill is also taking steps to be communicative.

Cons

We just keep struggling and running into hurdles. We will work on something for 2 years and get it going and it is no longer a priority so we go on to the next thing. Due to large costs of developing products this is frustrating.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Intern Review

Sep 20, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are intelligent, outgoing, and willing to help. Leadership has a clear focus and managers truly do care about how their employees are progressing. There is constant change and innovation, and great perks.

Cons

There's a large learning curve when learning about all the kinds of data comScore deals with and the types of products it promotes

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The unacknowledged costs of attrition

Dec 14, 2021 - Software Engineer