KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Comscore

Engaged Employer

Comscore

Add a Review

Comscore Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Aug 9, 2022

Found 192 of over 607 reviews

3.5
Comscore CEO Bill Livek
Bill Livek

What people are saying about Comscore

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Comscore and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Several good things, a few bad things

May 1, 2017 - Software Engineer II in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of smart engineers here. Most of the hostile and cranky engineers left when Rentrak became comScore, so there's a generally good collaborative environment. Engineering managers are all really good too (good at insulating engineers from business people!) Some of benefits are of acceptable quality. Managers seem willing to give you more money if you're competent and ask for it. Managers encourage very good life/work balance.

Cons

Some engineers are incompetent or slackers and get away with it, which lowers morale. 401k is of inferior quality. Upper management seems to generally be of poor quality, though this most recent round of upper management seems OK. Company is entrenched in scandal.

10 people found this review helpful

Comscore Response

Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the comments on the 401k plan, and we're currently reviewing that. Per your comment on transit passes, we do currently have commuter benefits across all of our offices. While we did indeed have a less than ideal 2016, to say we're entrenched in scandal is incorrect. We're currently working towards all of the requirements for updating our filing with the SEC.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Do not work here if you want job security.

Jun 12, 2019 - Analyst in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People you work with day to day are generally pleasant and intelligent. - Exposure to lots of different and interesting data. - Benefits are ok (except barely any 401k match and no education reimbursement)

Cons

Ever since departure of most recent CEO Bryan Weiner (and way before that too, let's be honest), company has been on a downward spiral led by the most incompetent interim CEO dale fuller (he does not like to capitalize his name in a desperate attempt to seem relevant and hip). Stock has decreased more than 60% since April, and all signs point to the company prepping for a sale. I've been here for 5 years, where I've seen 5 different CEOs and a multitude of layoffs, several of which are never announced or addressed by management. Employee morale is very low right now because of all the changes and lack of competent leadership. Avoid working here at all costs. If you currently work here, get out now.

15 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Nice people, disorganized

Jan 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People overall were nice and willing to help and answer questions. Some leadership did try to make an effort

Cons

Some leadership felt stagnant It was hard to feel innovative in the space Growth felt difficult

Be the first to find this review helpful

Comscore Response

Thank you for sharing and we are happy to hear of our leaders working to grow and develp our employees. Not knowing what area you worked in it is difficult to address where we can look to improve. Innovation is an area our industry thrives on so we want to continue to foster that in all areas. If you would be willing to share further we would love to discuss with you- just reach out to HR@comscore.com and ask to connect with an HR Business Partner. We welcome all feedback especially as innovation and growth is integral to continued and future success.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

3 years

Sep 12, 2016 - Senior Client Service Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you need to be a firm 9-5, you can be. There also seem to be a number of flexible work opportunities if needed. Interesting industry. Starting salary is decent for the industry (but increases are small). People are generally friendly and non-competitive.

Cons

Short paid parental leave. The goals of the company are somewhat unclear. There are overarching buzz words, such as cross-platform, but no concrete internal and commercial goals communicated to help us get there. Employee retention does not appear to be a high priority. Product and technical industry knowledge lacking in the Sales department. There is not a strong "culture" at comScore. You have offices where large sections of people do not know one another (although the offices are not extremely big). There is also very little done day-to-day to create a culture and improve employee morale. Doesn't seem to be much training for managers on how to best manage people and grow their careers.

7 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, Bad leadership team

Sep 13, 2019 - Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with a lot of smart and nice people Great culture Flexible time-off Work life balance

Cons

Unstable leadership Annual/ semi annual laid-off

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Associate Analyst

Apr 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-People are extremely helpful and nice

Cons

-Low compensation and little additional benefits

1 person found this review helpful