Comscore Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 28, 2021

Found 56 of over 592 reviews

3.5
Comscore CEO Bill Livek
Bill Livek

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Frequent layoffs aka restructuring.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Poor management, Politics, Too tall vertical heirarchy(in 34 reviews)
  • "Department managers, when not working remotely or on vacation, work in silos and repeatedly undermine each other's work.(in 21 reviews)
  • "senior leadership can be extremely old school and set in their ways(in 20 reviews)
  • "low pay and client expectations are not set correctly.(in 16 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Comscore and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Vice President

Nov 10, 2016 - Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance; understanding, smart, and helpful colleagues; exciting industry; renewed focus at CEO level; have the appropriate mentality and data assets for success

Cons

dealing with the administrative support teams can occasionally be a nightmare; at times keeping non-performing employees too long; no putting necessary TLC on some product offerings

Recruiting

Thanks for posting a review! We agree with the renewed focus from the top down, and we're excited about 2017's possibilities. We're also driving much of the focus toward the Product arena, so we agree some more TLC is needed there, but that has definitely been identified.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

good

Nov 28, 2021 - Senior Operations Analyst in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance was good

Cons

Starting remote in pandemic wasnt good

Comscore Response

Thank you for leaving your review! We always appreciate current employees taking the time to leave their thoughts. Providing a good work-life balance to our employees is something we strive to do, so we are happy you have been able to find a good balance. The pandemic certainly changed things for everyone, and we are cognizant of how our remote environment has affected new employees. If you have any recommendations on how we can improve remote onboarding we encourage you to reach out to HR and share your thoughts.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall good company to work for

Oct 11, 2021 - QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good office, good people, good time off policy. Good work-life balance.

Cons

When I worked there the grow in the QA was a bit slow. The company itself was going through hard times.

Comscore Response

Thank you for leaving your review! We're glad you enjoyed your time with Comscore. We believe 2022 will be a great year as we make it out of the pandemic and continue to improve the company.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lots of room for improvement

Mar 26, 2021 - Client Success in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance, great people

Cons

Little to no upward mobility, salary is not competitive, C-level management seems completely uninterested in changing this

8 people found this review helpful

Comscore Response

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your feedback. We share the insights from Glassdoor reviews with our leadership and appreciate both your pros and cons. Comscore IS full of great and amazing people, many of whom have stayed through hard years and challenges. We believe those years are in our past, and are not our future. Our cost management challenges - and actions - ultimately allowed us achieve EBITDA performance that we have not had in many years, and to weather a pandemic year with little impact to employees. We, too, want Comscore to be a place where employees see huge opportunities to learn and grow; sometimes that looks like promotion, and many times it doesn't. Sometimes it requires a financial investment, and sometimes it doesn't. We have made investments in employee growth and development, including promotions, even in lean years, and believe that Comscore is on a path where we will be able to increase our investment in ways that directly benefit employees. These are hard conversations to have, but we welcome them, and hope you will reach out to an HR partner to talk further.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great People in an Extremely Frustrating Environment

May 11, 2021 - Software Engineer II in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about Comscore is the people who work there. There are so many smart, supportive, dedicated people, and they are the reason I worked there for so long. Additionally, there are so many company holidays that you feel like you work for the government. The week off between Christmas and New Year’s is amazing. The holidays, plus unlimited PTO and the relatively low-pressure environment made for a great work/life balance. Depending on which team you’re on, you will get exposed to and gain experience with some modern technology, such as Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, and AWS. There is also a lot of opportunity to learn new skills and grow if you’re motivated. Lastly, after several years of instability at the executive level and being completely rudderless as a company, it finally seems like Comscore is on solid ground and maybe moving in the right direction.

Cons

More superficially: compensation is subpar, health insurance is expensive, and “media measurement” is just a fundamentally uninteresting/ethically dubious field. Beyond that, though, there are several things that made working at Comscore frustrating. Because of the years of financial instability, there’s an overreliance on cheap, overseas contractors. People are loath to make decisions or take responsibility for getting things done, making it so that even modest progress can be halting. Perhaps it is because of this that the modern, cloud-based platform that was supposed to be rolled out three or four years ago is still unfinished. In their desperation to finally make a semi-functional product available to the clients, management has made some very questionable pivots with this new system. The continued struggles in building this new system was the biggest failure of my tenure. While the need for modernizing was real, poor planning, requirements gathering, software development methodology, and understanding of the system that was being replaced made it so that the new system was only better because of its modern tech stack. It honestly felt like we ignored all the good things about the legacy system and replicated the bad aspects. In other words, in spite of having this amazing opportunity to rebuild from the ground up, the lack of planning and real requirements meant that we were forced to write hacky, disjointed code, reactively forcing in new functionality that could have been integrated more seamlessly if there had been more foresight.

9 people found this review helpful

Comscore Response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences at Comscore. We are glad that you recognize our truly greatest asset which is our people. We could not agree more! Thank you for sharing your experiences and perspectives, in total. We believe that we provide a competitive compensation package, and we rely on market surveys as one source to ensure we remain competitive. We also provide an excellent benefits offering to meet the varying needs of employees. Thank you also for sharing your feedback regarding our systems and technology. Comscore is evolving to meet the demands of our customers in the evolving media landscape. In some cases, rapid environmental change in media has required changes to specifications to ensure that Comscore delivers what our customers need. This process can expand scope and impact deadlines but we are confident customers will be happy with the result. We encourage our employees to let their management and HR teams know if there are areas where we can improve, and we hope you shared your valuable insight prior to leaving. Please feel free to reach out to HR@comscore.com if you have additional feedback to give.

6. 4.0

nice company

Dec 8, 2020 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance!! people are nice there

Cons

the project in your team might a little bit boring

Comscore Response

We love hearing from our Comscorians! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are thrilled you enjoy our friendly Comscore culture and our strong work-life balance! We encourage our employees to share feedback on ways we can improve employee experience. In this scenario, we recommend employees share ideas with their manager to make projects more engaging and even fun! We strive to promote a culture of receptivity and creativity, no matter the team, job function or location. We encourage you to connect with your manager. Comscore HR

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Would not recommend

Mar 7, 2021 - Customer Support in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance most of the time

Cons

no room to grow, negative work environment

3 people found this review helpful

Comscore Response

We appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback about your time with Comscore. It is always our intention for every employee to have a positive experience at Comscore. Please feel free to reach out to HR@comscore.com with any additional feedback, so we can continue to improve.

8. 3.0

It’s ok

Feb 28, 2021 - Senior Data Analyst in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good, has great people

Cons

Limited growth internally with in the company

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good for new hires to get experience, poor place for long-term career growth

Nov 17, 2020 - Data Analyst in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong work life balance Good work experience/exposure for new grads Nice people Company is ambitious and strives to stay in fast paced/competitive field

Cons

Repetitive work Below market pay Little recognition for strong employees Unstable company High Turnover Terrible 401K Match

1 person found this review helpful

Technical Recruiter

We appreciate you taking a moment to provide feedback about your time with Comscore. We are thrilled to offer a strong work-life balance for our employees that provides flexibility with work from home accommodations and a generous flexible time off program. We continue to look for ways to improve in all areas, so we invite you to reach out to HR@comscore.com with any additional feedback that might contribute to those efforts.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tons of layoffs

Nov 25, 2020 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Dead business Layoffs Disorganized management Low pay 401k matching

5 people found this review helpful