Comunilife Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Comunilife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was for the most part, right livelihood, you were recruiting staff to help the underserved populations. There was good supervision and contact with the decision makers.

Cons

High turnover of staff. No formal exit interview. Low salaries for social services agency. No matching employer contributions retirement plan.

Advice to Management

Improve relationships with all staff.

2. "From what I've seen not the best place to work at...."

I worked at Comunilife full-time

Pros

The only positive about this employment would be helping the clients.

Cons

Too many cons to write down. Low pay for the amount of work done, no help from supervisors, and management only cares for themselves.

Advice to Management

Management needs to work on treating employees better.

3. "My good experience working at Comunilife"

Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

Comunilife has provided me and others staff with career advancement opportunities. I started in this company as a Case Manager and over the years, I was promoted to a supervisory position. I felt that upper management saw potential in me and spent time and resources to prepare me to be a supervisor and when there was an opening a was promoted. Some of the reviewers complained that there isn't opportunities to advance. But they didn't work here for more than just a few months.

In addition, the health and other benefits provided by Comunilife are as good as any private company and at times better than most non-profits in the area. I will recommend this company to friends/family to come work here.

Cons

Vacant positions need to be reduced.

Advice to Management

Please fill in vacant positions as quickly as possible.

5. "Thankful Employee"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am thankful for the wonderful and supportive work environment. I love my peers and clients. I enjoy the opportunity to work with people who are concern for the well being of others. I also enjoy the supervision and guidance that I am getting. I came from a previous setting where supervision was limited. I find my supervisor accessible and accommodating. She makes me feel welcome and appreciated. Comunilife provides good benefits.

Cons

I would appreciate if IT issues were addressed promptly.

Advice to Management

To provide open forum to get to know more of the other programs. Perhaps provide the opportunity to spent time in the other programs during the introductory period as part of orientation to the agency.

"Case Manager"

I worked at Comunilife full-time

Pros

The clients and patients are what makes the job worth while. Each client is struggling with their own obstacles and it is amazing to see them overcome it every time. They were the reason why I continued working for comunilife. I gave this agency one star because it wouldn't allow me to give less.

Cons

UPPER MANAGEMENT. Upper management is made up of power control freaks who take their personal feelings and act on it, regardless on how unprofessional it maybe. They have no idea what constructive criticism is and break down people in from of other staff. They live to embarrass others. On top of that they micromanage everything and do not allow you to do you assigned job. When certain things aren't done then the staff gets blamed, regardless of upper management''s obstruction of work. The supervisors are for the most part useless. I have seen some scream at client to the point where the clients cry. I have seen others who leave the whole day for personal time and then come back to clock out. Then there are the poor fools who are just there waiting to retire and do nothing all day. A lot of people come into the agency wanting to help and create some kind of change for clients but the whole layout of the agency just crushes peoples souls and makes it hard for people to want to do their jobs.

In all honesty the agency they do not care about the client, just the pay check. They have forgotten that clients are people and that they have needs. All they see is a name and $$. The client that do well rather than rewards them, are talked down to and belittled on a constant basis. The more difficult client are given rewards to motivate them to change but the client are clear in saying they don't want the change. All money, time and resources are spent on the difficult client and catering to them and the client that are doing good are ignored by supervisor. When a good client decides to voice their concern, supervisors take it personal and neglect providing services to them. I have seen supervisor have personal vendetta towards client and refuse to give them something as simple as blind for their rooms. I have seen it happen numerous times. As a staff trying to help the clients and trying to stand up the supervisors who are trying them bad, you are only dismissed. There is no support from upper management for anything.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Cifre and Mosquera.

"Don't walk. Run away from this company. Whatever you are doing now is better than working for them. Seriously."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Comunilife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best day you could have is the day that you leave. That's it. Not much else positive to say.

Cons

No support from management. I seriously don't think that any of the managers actually have any experience managing people. Everything is done with no plan or foresight. Decisions are made in reaction to something happening. Deeply understaffed. Unrealistic expectations. Low pay, not allowed to use earned time off, vacation requests always being denied. There is a reason why nobody stays longer than a year and there are so many vacancies. If you are smart stay away. It's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Stop dictating directives and actually have an understanding of what your employees do. This might require getting up from behind your desk.

"proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I worked at Comunilife (More than 3 years)

Pros

clinical staff are nice. You feel good knowing you have helped the clients. If you keep to yourself, you will be fine. It's a great place to have your first clinical experience

Cons

Very unprofessional, horrible management. absolutely NO SUPPORT. You are basically on your own and you get no help. If something goes wrong, everyone turns the other way. Lazy supervisors that put all the work on you. A LOT of gossip. Everyone gossips about each other and pretend to be nice

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and they will stay. We are human beings and deserve respect

"If they call you for an interview, change your number."

Former Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Comunilife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers knew what was happening so we supported one another.

Cons

This was one of the most horrible jobs for a social worker. It is an unprofessional organization. It is only about money, they do not care about people they provide for or the people that are their employees. The known statement to the staff is that, 'you are easily replaceable, so behave'.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had some good staff members when they decided to stay! Other managers can be supportive at times

Cons

This is the worst company EVER! I have seen some glowing reviews for this company and TRUST ME; ITS S LIE!!! The current senior management is horrible!!! They continue to have weekly meetings about how to keep staff and they don't practice this themselves!!!
    I would not recommend that anyone works for these women!!! Your quality of life will reduce because they want to work you with little to no staff for no pay!

Advice to Management

Change the senior management!!! Get an understanding of how to run an efficient organization!! Senior management needs training on how to speak to staff and motivate staff.

"One star is too many"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

Fellow staff are wonderful once you are welcomed into the community. The benefits are decent and the pay could be worse.

Cons

Everything they said in the interview changes once you are hired. Internal support is lacking and there is no training or onboarding provided. The lack of technology infrastructure is scary. Management best practices are not followed. The mission of the organization is unclear. Programs are unorganized and unmotivated. I would not recommend that anyone I know work here.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like they are staff, not children. The number of times I have seen upper management yelling at workers is embarrassing and unnecessary. Keep your word-- if you say you are going to do something, then do it. Once trust is lost, it is tricky to gain back.