Comunilife Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Comunilife is a great place to work and grow professionally!!!"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comunilife is a respectful and supportive environment for those committed to professional growth and to provide exceptional care to individuals in need. The agency provides a great learning experience and opportunities for advancement for qualified and competent staff. The agency is growing steadily and getting stronger every day. Trainings and supervision are provided (supervision is not always appreciated and often denied by those ready to complaint). Although we are not perfect; Comunilife has an extraordinary and dedicated work force at every level.

Cons

The agency demands good work performance, therefore is not a place for individuals that are unable to deliver the expectations of their positions.

Advice to Management

Continue doing the great job that you are doing! Keep housing programs coming and providing employment opportunities as well as needed services to our people and communities.

2. "Thankful Employee"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am thankful for the wonderful and supportive work environment. I love my peers and clients. I enjoy the opportunity to work with people who are concern for the well being of others. I also enjoy the supervision and guidance that I am getting. I came from a previous setting where supervision was limited. I find my supervisor accessible and accommodating. She makes me feel welcome and appreciated. Comunilife provides good benefits.

Cons

I would appreciate if IT issues were addressed promptly.

Advice to Management

To provide open forum to get to know more of the other programs. Perhaps provide the opportunity to spent time in the other programs during the introductory period as part of orientation to the agency.

3. "Case Manager"

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

Great environment and supervisors

Cons

Some client can be difficult at times; however that's part of individuals with mental health

5. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

This is a place where you will learn and grow, if that is your goal! The fringe benefits are more than comparable to other nonprofits and their retirement plan is unheard of. What nonprofit contributes to your retirement a minimum of 10% of your salary?!? I've read the comments on this page and it is disturbing how all 14 had nothing positive to say about this organization. Yes, the expectation is that you will work and often times you may do more tasks than you bargained for, but this is part of the learning opportunity and professional growth. There is plenty of room for advancement should you EXPRESS AND WANT growth. Upper Management? Well, Comunilife is operated by three women who are committed, transparent and demanding. But they care about the clients, hence why they are demanding. They also care about the staff! It is easier to blame "upper management" for one's shortcomings than to take responsibility. I am a manager with a ton of responsibility and often short staffed. While at times I find myself gasping for air with the amount of emails, phone calls, client complaints, staff issues, etc... I reflect on the client that just came off the street and is in a safe haven. I think about the client that lost his fight against the demon called addiction. I reflect on the number of placements made for clients to their own apartment in the community. I recall the case manager that is now graduating from their graduate program and am proud to have been part of their growth. And then, I turn the page and KEEP IT MOVING. Is "Upper Management" tough? YES they are. Those two woman are also the first ones in the office in the morning and the last ones to leave at midnight every night. They also are willing to listen...if you are willing to approach them. My colleagues (other managers) are also bright and passionate about the clients. I've never observed anyone being "talked down" to or be disrespected.

So please people, no company, agency, organization is perfect! If you committed to the social service field, then you committed to helping society and not to getting rich. Take a moment to read the vast array of services and programs that Comunilife has in its portfolio in order to capture its continued potential for growth.

Cons

ALL staff including management need to improve on honest and transparent communication.

6. "My good experience working at Comunilife"

Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

Comunilife has provided me and others staff with career advancement opportunities. I started in this company as a Case Manager and over the years, I was promoted to a supervisory position. I felt that upper management saw potential in me and spent time and resources to prepare me to be a supervisor and when there was an opening a was promoted. Some of the reviewers complained that there isn't opportunities to advance. But they didn't work here for more than just a few months.

In addition, the health and other benefits provided by Comunilife are as good as any private company and at times better than most non-profits in the area. I will recommend this company to friends/family to come work here.

Cons

Vacant positions need to be reduced.

Advice to Management

Please fill in vacant positions as quickly as possible.

7. "Agency in Transition"

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth in the field of social services. Upper Management does care and trying to make the work environment better for the employees to advance, remain with agency and grow professionally.

Cons

All programs are under staff, salaries needs to be adjusted, IT needs to be improved and more power needs to be given to managers of programs. Communication from upper management does not get to staff effectively or quickly.

Advice to Management

Change in work environment needs to happen quicker than it is. Continue to Listen to your staff.

8. "It's a good to gain experience"

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is alot of overtime if needed

Cons

alot of work for little pay

Advice to Management

increase the salary of workers

"Could have been better"

I worked at Comunilife full-time

Pros

Was offered a comprehensive benefits package along with the job.
    Worked with a few very lovely people.

Cons

Benefits package and over-time were taken away
    High employee resignation rate
    Lack of security

Advice to Management

A good manager is just and fair.
    If an office is short-staffed and employees are losing valued benefits, hire more employees.
    Costs are important, but high employee turnover is bad for business.

"Counselor"

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in New York, NY

Pros

Working with clients to improve there quality of living.

Cons

Not enough staff, counselors feeling unappreciated for the work they do and getting stuck at work when the managers is notified nothing is being done about it

Advice to Management

Management needs totake trainings on how to communicate with there staff and how to talk to them in a more professional manner.

"proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I worked at Comunilife (More than 3 years)

Pros

clinical staff are nice. You feel good knowing you have helped the clients. If you keep to yourself, you will be fine. It's a great place to have your first clinical experience

Cons

Very unprofessional, horrible management. absolutely NO SUPPORT. You are basically on your own and you get no help. If something goes wrong, everyone turns the other way. Lazy supervisors that put all the work on you. A LOT of gossip. Everyone gossips about each other and pretend to be nice

Advice to Management

Treat employees better and they will stay. We are human beings and deserve respect