Comunilife Reviews | Glassdoor

Rosa M. Gil

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Staff"

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

The environment created by senior management has been a learning , supportive and helpful experience for me. Senior Manangers have an open door policies and have gone out of their way to bring in consultants to stimulate the program managers and help assist them in providing the best services to the clients and staff.

Cons

Some of the program managers need to be open to new things and be more creative.

Advice to Management

To continue to hire additional staff

2. "Great pros"

Current Employee - Case Worker in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Case Worker in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Comunilife has long lunch hours and supervisor don't do field checks . I actually spent 2 weeks going to the beach and babysitting my niece whIle my supervisor believed I was on the field doing home visit.

Cons

The pay is no where near decent for the work that is required of you. I have 21 clients and no support from supervisor only peers.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop covering for senior staff who don't have the ability to properly write progress notes and have them already retire. There are several insiders who have personal relationship's administration.

3. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Comunilife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was for the most part, right livelihood, you were recruiting staff to help the underserved populations. There was good supervision and contact with the decision makers.

Cons

High turnover of staff. No formal exit interview. Low salaries for social services agency. No matching employer contributions retirement plan.

Advice to Management

Improve relationships with all staff.

4. "Senior Social Worker"

I worked at Comunilife full-time

Pros

They try to do important work.

Cons

Top Management is very bad and staff are not happy

5. "From what I've seen not the best place to work at...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Comunilife full-time

Pros

The only positive about this employment would be helping the clients.

Cons

Too many cons to write down. Low pay for the amount of work done, no help from supervisors, and management only cares for themselves.

Advice to Management

Management needs to work on treating employees better.

6. "Case Manager"

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

Great environment and supervisors

Cons

Some client can be difficult at times; however that's part of individuals with mental health

7. "My good experience working at Comunilife"

Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Supervisor/LMSW in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

Comunilife has provided me and others staff with career advancement opportunities. I started in this company as a Case Manager and over the years, I was promoted to a supervisory position. I felt that upper management saw potential in me and spent time and resources to prepare me to be a supervisor and when there was an opening a was promoted. Some of the reviewers complained that there isn't opportunities to advance. But they didn't work here for more than just a few months.

In addition, the health and other benefits provided by Comunilife are as good as any private company and at times better than most non-profits in the area. I will recommend this company to friends/family to come work here.

Cons

Vacant positions need to be reduced.

Advice to Management

Please fill in vacant positions as quickly as possible.

8. "Agency in Transition"

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth in the field of social services. Upper Management does care and trying to make the work environment better for the employees to advance, remain with agency and grow professionally.

Cons

All programs are under staff, salaries needs to be adjusted, IT needs to be improved and more power needs to be given to managers of programs. Communication from upper management does not get to staff effectively or quickly.

Advice to Management

Change in work environment needs to happen quicker than it is. Continue to Listen to your staff.

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Comunilife full-time

Pros

This is a place where you will learn and grow, if that is your goal! The fringe benefits are more than comparable to other nonprofits and their retirement plan is unheard of. What nonprofit contributes to your retirement a minimum of 10% of your salary?!? I've read the comments on this page and it is disturbing how all 14 had nothing positive to say about this organization. Yes, the expectation is that you will work and often times you may do more tasks than you bargained for, but this is part of the learning opportunity and professional growth. There is plenty of room for advancement should you EXPRESS AND WANT growth. Upper Management? Well, Comunilife is operated by three women who are committed, transparent and demanding. But they care about the clients, hence why they are demanding. They also care about the staff! It is easier to blame "upper management" for one's shortcomings than to take responsibility. I am a manager with a ton of responsibility and often short staffed. While at times I find myself gasping for air with the amount of emails, phone calls, client complaints, staff issues, etc... I reflect on the client that just came off the street and is in a safe haven. I think about the client that lost his fight against the demon called addiction. I reflect on the number of placements made for clients to their own apartment in the community. I recall the case manager that is now graduating from their graduate program and am proud to have been part of their growth. And then, I turn the page and KEEP IT MOVING. Is "Upper Management" tough? YES they are. Those two woman are also the first ones in the office in the morning and the last ones to leave at midnight every night. They also are willing to listen...if you are willing to approach them. My colleagues (other managers) are also bright and passionate about the clients. I've never observed anyone being "talked down" to or be disrespected.

So please people, no company, agency, organization is perfect! If you committed to the social service field, then you committed to helping society and not to getting rich. Take a moment to read the vast array of services and programs that Comunilife has in its portfolio in order to capture its continued potential for growth.

Cons

ALL staff including management need to improve on honest and transparent communication.

10. "Thankful Employee"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Comunilife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am thankful for the wonderful and supportive work environment. I love my peers and clients. I enjoy the opportunity to work with people who are concern for the well being of others. I also enjoy the supervision and guidance that I am getting. I came from a previous setting where supervision was limited. I find my supervisor accessible and accommodating. She makes me feel welcome and appreciated. Comunilife provides good benefits.

Cons

I would appreciate if IT issues were addressed promptly.

Advice to Management

To provide open forum to get to know more of the other programs. Perhaps provide the opportunity to spent time in the other programs during the introductory period as part of orientation to the agency.