Comvergent Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2019

Found 9 reviews

3.7
Paul Garston

"Contractors avoid at all costs!"

Former Employee - Installation and Commissioning Engineer

I worked at Comvergent for less than a year

Pros

Unfortunately there are no pro's to working for this company, a few months ago I would say that payment for services provided has always been on time however I have since learned that they are withholding payment from subcontractors. I must point out that support staff are good i.e those who do not work within project teams.

Cons

Lower management are so woefully inexperienced in an industry that they they have been thrown in to with no guidance, middle management only good at bullying, misleading and lying to everyone senior, subordinates and customers, the Directors continually lied to and deceived by middle management they don't have any idea how bad the projects are being managed. This all leads to a very toxic working environment, contractors...

Comvergent2019-06-09

"Contractors beware"

Former Employee - Contract Engineer in London, England

I worked at Comvergent for less than a year

Pros

Get paid on time Can't think of any more pros

Cons

Treated like a doormat Disrespectful No idea what they are doing Ignore suggestions to help Do nothing to help and support guys in the field Cut corners Lie and deceive

Advice to Management

Seriously need to look hard at the people running projects. Treat contractors with respect and stop being so negative and disrespectful towards us. Be fair and not so greedy. Currently part of the company is a joke, I'm amazed a certain Chinese manufacturer hasn't totally wiped their hands of Comvergent. Not a place I would ever recommend if you actually want a decent week's work.

Comvergent2019-05-02
  3. "Great Vison and Drive"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chester, England

I have been working at Comvergent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Support, Drive, Knowledge, Skill, Speed, Determination, openness, fairness, forward thinking, freedom and encouraged to express your skills and talents which is valued and rewarded with above industry levels of pay, and other benefits.

Cons

Tt is not easy to find cons at Comvergent, this really is a personal thing, I can honestly say I enjoy my role/job, but that is easy to say as I am good at what I do and so are all of my colleagues, making this a positive company to work for.

Advice to Management

Identify current talents sooner, explore and encourage to grow into new avenues within the company, push training and growth for staff a little more.

Comvergent2018-10-12
  4. "A Fantastic Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Chester, England

I have been working at Comvergent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is a really great company to work for. A B2B tech company where our staff are dedicated towards delivering the best customer service, our staff wellbeing and Company values are at the heart of our ethos and we strive to put our customers and our clients needs first through providing the best customer service possible to ensure our customer satisfaction.

Cons

there are no negatives to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Comvergent2018-10-11
  5. ".........."

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Kettering, England

I worked at Comvergent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The office was a Friendly environment

Cons

Kettering staff being made redundant.

Advice to Management

............

Comvergent2018-01-29
  6. "Fantastic Company, highly recommend"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Chester, England

I have been working at Comvergent

Pros

I have worked for Comvergent for the past 5 years, I have enjoyed watching the company grow from a small firm working in a barn to a medium sized company working in an actual office! The team is superb, highly knowledgeable, very friendly and approachable. We have regular chats/meetings with management to see how we are progressing. Pay's good, bonuses are good, jobs always different from one day to the next so will...

Cons

None that spring to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work, this is the best company I have worked for and hope to continue working for, for a long time to come

Comvergent2016-08-12
  7. "Fantastic employer, no problems turning in on a Monday morning :) Can see myself here for many happy years!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, England

I have been working at Comvergent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people...excellent management, leaders and directors of the company. All of whom are very approachable, friendly, funny and professional. The office environment...a perfect blend of professionalism, relaxed but busy and friendly. The company as a whole...great values, culture and work/life balance.

Cons

Very little (if any) cons to mention

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! ;)

Comvergent2015-03-31
  8. "Friendly, professional, fun and rewarding"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Comvergent

Pros

Comvergent have the best culture you could wish for in an employer. They are always pushing me, supporting me and best of all they listen to my opinions and ideas. The staff are all great to work with and there is a very friendly atmosphere within the offices. They have helped me gain qualifications to further my career and given me opportunities to test my skills.

Cons

I wish to leave this blank

Comvergent2015-02-26
  9. "Comvergent have ensured I have the best start in my career"

I have been working at Comvergent

Pros

During my time at Comvergent, I have been consistently encouraged to take risks, create fresh ideas and collaborate with the team to gain successful results. Comvergent have also supported me through qualifications that will ensure I develop myself further in my career. Comvergent values its employees and ensures that every one of achieve professional success.

Cons

I wish to leave this section blank - N/A

Comvergent2015-02-24