KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Concentra Employee Reviews about "clinic"

Updated Nov 12, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management was poor.(in 85 reviews)
  • "Concentra upper management had a meeting where they discussed how they had low ratings on glassdoor so they asked management to go out themselves and direct others at the lower levels to come fill out only positive reviews so be careful reading reviews from this company.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Poor management and training.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Unfortunately we all quit or were let go before it could be resolved because of this Area Director's poor leadership and behavior.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Unorganized,long days, favoritism, no breaks(in 16 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Concentra and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "clinic"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Workplace

Jul 28, 2021 - Physical Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promotion potential and fellowship option. They will promote internally and help you with certification through MTI. Ability to be at a 1 PT per clinic. You’re basically running it.

Cons

Super busy clinic. High volume clinic with very little help. No techs to help with operation. Seems like people are always coming and going.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good pay

Nov 12, 2021 - Back Office Lead and NCT in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and good benefits. They changed the hours so now you can have a life outside of work.

Cons

They run whole centers with minimal staff and some with one or two back office and front office. Family practice clinics have at least 3 back office. So it’s a lot of work.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run far, far away!!!

Nov 8, 2021 - Operations Director in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The cons far outweigh the pros when working for this company.

Cons

Senior leadership cares nothing about their employees. They offer zero support to the front lines, visit the center MAYBE once a quarter, and claim they have the knowledge to staff and operate the clinic. Most employees work 60-70 hours a week and eventually tire out and move on. Doctors and mid-levels are mediocre, at best. Zero work life balance and very high-stress environment. I eventually ended up taking a major pay cut to get away from this company. DO NOT PUT YOUR CAREER ON THE LINE FOR THIS COMPANY. Terrible in all regards.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Strong Company but pay levels aren't market commesurate

Oct 12, 2021 - Doctor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, good infrastructure and communication.

Cons

Poor working conditions, understaffed clinics.

5. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Poor working conditions

Jul 7, 2021 - Physical Therapist in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The "same day evaluation" idea seems to make sense, though it fails in practice. Also, they never explicitly refused to pay overtime, though my manager did tell me that "everyone else only works 8 hours" when I quit because of repeated 11+ hour workdays. I think what he meant was that everyone else only reports 8 hours, since the clinician I filled in for would often leave half his notes incomplete, indicating clearly that the workload wasn't matching the time he could spend in the office. Most of the nurses were fantastic at one of the offices, though.

Cons

I was PRN staff and was promised about 30 work days within the next few months when I was hired; I ended up working 9 days in the next year. Patient evaluations happen in an open gym setting that makes maintaining privacy quite difficult. PTs are expected to see as many patients as there are, meaning 3+ scheduled per hour and as many evaluations walk through the door, while also helping with functional capacity evaluation testing. There's no support staff for PTs, and the front desk staff were sometimes too busy to help share the load of patient scheduling when I had 4-6 patients to myself. I was required to do mandatory compliance training outside of paid working hours. The conditions in the clinic were not sanitary during the pandemic, including the AC being broken during the summer and continual re-use of low quality masks. When I left, my manager made sure to insult my competence, as noted above. The pay was low for PRN positions, and there seemed to be zero awareness that PRN staff may need slightly more time to treat the same patients (since they are all new to the PRN clinician) than the regular full-time staff. I took this job explicitly instead of other opportunities, since I wanted to try occupational health, and it was a huge mistake.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

May 2, 2021 - Center Therapy Director/PT in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manual Therapy skills and practice with acute conditions

Cons

High stress environment, at times can be very demanding. Lack of support staff at clinics.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad job

Apr 27, 2021 - Patient Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my coworkers, benefits, and pay.

Cons

It was a little overwhelming being a walk in clinic and seeing patients even if they walked in at 4:59 pm when we closed at 5:00.

8. 2.0
    Current Employee

Company Doesn’t Care About It’s Employees

Mar 18, 2021 - Certified Medical Assistant in Fairbanks, AK
    Business Outlook

Pros

On a clinic level, it’s alright. I like the people I work with. Annual raises (3-4%). My own clinic is very flexible with personal lives (can’t speak for other locations).

Cons

Hours get cut when your clinic doesn’t see enough patients (according to corporate). Corporate seems to be blind to what really happens on the clinic level. Constant overturn of employees. It’s hard to move up in position. Medical assistants are expected to perform both front and back office duties even though we have receptionists.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

They USED to care about their employees

Feb 17, 2021 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

They used to be a great company. Had a family feel and management cared about the employees. Now there aren’t any pros other than you can earn a paycheck.

Cons

Employees are leaving rapidly and no one is addressing it. Employees are now over worked in under-staffed centers. Training is abysmal. There are several systems to learn for several types of business and new hires are thrown to the wolves. Oh, if the clinic is closed for a holiday, you have to use PTO. Closed for inclement weather, PTO. Forced to quarantine due to Covid exposure for 10-14 days, PTO. And lastly, Concentra used to pay a decent salary. Now they are being out done by competitors which is where their employees are going.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Face paced- but rewarding

Feb 1, 2021 - Medical Assistant in San Leandro, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work- never boring

Cons

Closing the clinic means you never know when your leaving for the day

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 Reviews