Concentric Health Experience Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Begasse

1. "Director"

I have been working at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, opportunity, and visionary aspirations.

Cons

Industry of historically slow adopters.

Advice to Management

None at this time

"Concentric Health Experience - The Place To Thrive!"

Pros

I have been with Concentric for more than a year and I really think that this company is a great place to work! My colleagues are among the most creative in the industry and the overall environment is warm and professional. We recently moved to the most amazing space, all on 1 floor, allowing our collaborative culture to thrive even more. I have recommended this agency to 2 people who actually got jobs here!

Cons

Why would I list a con? Because Glassdoor requires it. I am happy with all I have experienced so far and would definitely recommend to a friend.

3. "Go figure"

Pros

Nice office, competitive freelance rates

Cons

When you see a posting the day you're hired for the job you were hired to do, you have to wonder. When, after one day at the job, you receive an email with a lie about "budgets" and you're asked not to return, without so much as a word as to what might have been the issue, be sure that no matter what the problem was, the company has behaved in a very unprofessional way. When your supervisor badmouths just about everyone on staff, you're correct in assuming you won't be spared. But that kind of unprofessional behavior speaks volumes--about that supervisor, and about the company that for whatever reason allows that kind of behavior to go unchecked.

Advice to Management

Lots of yelling and drama, presenting clients with unnecessarily incomplete and inaccurate materials to review, the martyr syndrome ("I was here all night for two days last week fixing this and it's still not right"): though its not uncommon to find these types, it's absolutely unnecessary.

5. "Positive Outlook"

Pros

I recently started working at Concentric and am really enjoying the experience. This agency is pretty hip and their creative designs are really cutting edge. People are nice.

Cons

I'm glad we are moving soon, though, because the elevator is always breaking down!

6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Concentric, the leadership is caring and empathetic, devoted to making the agency a great place to work. The senior management is approachable and willing to hear everyone's perspective, respects ideas and contributions, and are willing to roll up their sleeves and help out in any capacity.

I would definitely recommend this company to a friend!

Cons

Office is sometimes really cold

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. That's what makes you exceptional!

7. "Beware! Horrible culture; unprofessional, dysfunctional and abusive"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

bagel Mondays, great coffee machine, free fruit on Fridays. great location in Soho West.

Cons

Ignorance thrives here and the smarter folks are ganged up on, suffer and are forced out. dysfunctional leadership; lack of real support; jock/college dorm culture; music blasting at all hours; totally disorganized IT dept; not even a real office phone set up; lots of high-level yet incompetent people on power trips looking to blame others for their own failures. waves of good employees being fired and resigning on a regular basis. very few people with tenure above 6 months much less 1 year. senior management literally advises you to play up your 'pretty' (wear short skirts, etc) to get favors. disgusting.

Advice to Management

KNOW GOOD PEOPLE WHEN THEY COME YOUR WAY AND DONT THROW THEM IN THE GARBAGE BASED ON NONSENSE. GET RID OF THE TRUE BAD APPLES. don't be a revolving door of talent; grow and nurture your people who are working with integrity and don't throw them away on a whim or on gossip. train your senior people to be real leaders and focus on accountability and respect for their colleagues. What goes around comes around!

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Project Management
    Former Employee - Project Management

I worked at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great environment, lot of fun

Cons

People are not recognized unless higher up, hours are absurd, not easy to move up internally, terrible internal management-paying people who come to the company higher and not moving dependable people upwards and taking care of them

Advice to Management

Get me management and HR

9. "Analytics Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Concentric Health Experience (More than a year)

Pros

Driven, intelligent and hard working team.

Cons

Limited creativity due to pharmaceutical brands

10. "Overall a great experience"

Pros

You have a lot of autonomy and there is a ton of room for growth. Bagel Mondays and Fruit Fridays!

Cons

Hours can become extremely long.

"A Lot of Really Great Individual Contributors, BUT No Real Leadership."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small enough to get to know everyone. They "handpick" very talented, fun individuals.

Cons

Lots and lots of pitches make for lots of late nights. The staff is very very lean and there are people who are sole members of their department. Those individuals stay overnight, go home quickly and return to work. It's just not healthy. There is a lot of 'this is what you coulda, shoulda,' etc. Thank you goes a long way, yet there is no recognition.

Leadership seems "new" to the managing game. They are amazing individual contributors, but have no real leadership skills whatsoever. They plan poorly, their priorities are off, and their way of digging deeper is not looking at themselves as leaders, but assessing the shortcomings of employees.

Leadership doesn't always agree on execution or next steps, and everything is always vague. Employees are always confused. No one wants to take onus, so they do not make the call. It's cowardly management. They also do not know how to provide effective, timely feedback to employees. Employees are left floundering, and in some cases, fail. Employees who succeed are the "pets," and many times previous teammates from a prior organization. These fokks can do no wrong, may engage in nasty behavior, but as long as they make the client happy, it's ok.

Pleasing the client is always more important than valuing staff.

Advice to Management

Bring in a leadership consultant to train Senior Leaders on how to lead more effectively. Complete a thorough SWOT analysis of the LEADERS to see where they are falling short as leaders and take actionable steps to address the issues. Don't lay blame on the employee.

Running a business is not a game. The employees are not toys to play with and they are not fungible. These are lives and careers at stake.