Concentric Health Experience Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Ken Begasse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Concentric Health Experience (CHX)"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Concentric Health Experience has a very unique culture that redefines "work hard, play hard." It is filled with intelligent people who want to get the job done well.

Cons

Concentric Health Experience has been pitching and winning a lot of new business recently, which is wonderful. However, this sometimes causes the focus and continued investment in current Clients to take a back seat.

Advice to Management

Concentric's management has done a great job at maintaining the small company feel although it's employment has doubled in recent years. I would encourage them to maintain this culture.

"Wanted it to work out but what a mess of an agency"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Concentric Health Experience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free seltzer and snacks, woo hoo.

Cons

This place drives talented, hardworking people into the ground. Lots of late nights and weekend work are the norm, especially depending what team you're on. Crazy because a lot of people would be playing ping pong all day while others are chained to their desk. I've never seen a place with such horrible process before. I think they might still be going through growing pains? Not sure.

Advice to Management

Give new people time to onboard. No matter how long they've been in the industry, people need time to adjust - learn a brand, how a shop works, how clients operate, and how team members function. If you throw them to the sharks, obviously they'll sink.

3. "Director"

I have been working at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, opportunity, and visionary aspirations.

Cons

Industry of historically slow adopters.

Advice to Management

None at this time

"Concentric Health Experience - The Place To Thrive!"

Pros

I have been with Concentric for more than a year and I really think that this company is a great place to work! My colleagues are among the most creative in the industry and the overall environment is warm and professional. We recently moved to the most amazing space, all on 1 floor, allowing our collaborative culture to thrive even more. I have recommended this agency to 2 people who actually got jobs here!

Cons

Why would I list a con? Because Glassdoor requires it. I am happy with all I have experienced so far and would definitely recommend to a friend.

5. "Go figure"

Pros

Nice office, competitive freelance rates

Cons

When you see a posting the day you're hired for the job you were hired to do, you have to wonder. When, after one day at the job, you receive an email with a lie about "budgets" and you're asked not to return, without so much as a word as to what might have been the issue, be sure that no matter what the problem was, the company has behaved in a very unprofessional way. When your supervisor badmouths just about everyone on staff, you're correct in assuming you won't be spared. But that kind of unprofessional behavior speaks volumes--about that supervisor, and about the company that for whatever reason allows that kind of behavior to go unchecked.

Advice to Management

Lots of yelling and drama, presenting clients with unnecessarily incomplete and inaccurate materials to review, the martyr syndrome ("I was here all night for two days last week fixing this and it's still not right"): though its not uncommon to find these types, it's absolutely unnecessary.

6. "Positive Outlook"

Pros

I recently started working at Concentric and am really enjoying the experience. This agency is pretty hip and their creative designs are really cutting edge. People are nice.

Cons

I'm glad we are moving soon, though, because the elevator is always breaking down!

7. "Great place to work"

Pros

At Concentric, the leadership is caring and empathetic, devoted to making the agency a great place to work. The senior management is approachable and willing to hear everyone's perspective, respects ideas and contributions, and are willing to roll up their sleeves and help out in any capacity.

I would definitely recommend this company to a friend!

Cons

Office is sometimes really cold

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people. That's what makes you exceptional!

"Beware! Horrible culture; unprofessional, dysfunctional and abusive"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

bagel Mondays, great coffee machine, free fruit on Fridays. great location in Soho West.

Cons

Ignorance thrives here and the smarter folks are ganged up on, suffer and are forced out. dysfunctional leadership; lack of real support; jock/college dorm culture; music blasting at all hours; totally disorganized IT dept; not even a real office phone set up; lots of high-level yet incompetent people on power trips looking to blame others for their own failures. waves of good employees being fired and resigning on a regular basis. very few people with tenure above 6 months much less 1 year. senior management literally advises you to play up your 'pretty' (wear short skirts, etc) to get favors. disgusting.

Advice to Management

KNOW GOOD PEOPLE WHEN THEY COME YOUR WAY AND DONT THROW THEM IN THE GARBAGE BASED ON NONSENSE. GET RID OF THE TRUE BAD APPLES. don't be a revolving door of talent; grow and nurture your people who are working with integrity and don't throw them away on a whim or on gossip. train your senior people to be real leaders and focus on accountability and respect for their colleagues. What goes around comes around!

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Project Management
    Former Employee - Project Management

I worked at Concentric Health Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great environment, lot of fun

Cons

People are not recognized unless higher up, hours are absurd, not easy to move up internally, terrible internal management-paying people who come to the company higher and not moving dependable people upwards and taking care of them

Advice to Management

Get me management and HR

10. "Analytics Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Concentric Health Experience (More than a year)

Pros

Driven, intelligent and hard working team.

Cons

Limited creativity due to pharmaceutical brands