Concentric Sky Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Wayne Skipper
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fantastic workplace with plenty of opportunity for expansion into other areas of interest"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Concentric Sky full-time

Pros

Generally easy-going and laid back co-workers, flexible work schedules. I am regularly encouraged to bring ideas to the table, and get involved in projects from my other skill areas.

Cons

Benefits are very good, though not the best. Many of the projects are interesting, though we tend to do a lot of very standard work.

"Kind, Extremely Flexible and Compassionate, with plenty of freedom to innovate."

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Eugene, OR

I worked at Concentric Sky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set your own schedule, ultra-casual working environment, best management team I've encountered to date. A merit-based culture. A very flat org chart with hands-on executives who directly run teams. I was exposed to a very diverse array of technology and challenges. They make every effort to reward strong performers and go the extra mile with perks like parties, snacks, lunch deliveries, etc. I would absolutely work with them again in the future.

Cons

There's currently a tempo/energy problem at Csky. Great people doing great things, but there's just a lack of focus and drive. If you're considering a position with Csky, don't let this deter you. I definitely do not regret my time there, and I don't think this issue will persist long. One of the best working experiences in my career so far.

Advice to Management

Maintain your transparency, it's a big benefit to the staff. Find ways to inspire and motivate people to greatness. There seems to be a general lack of excitement at present. If you can find creative ways to cure the malaise and energize people, Csky will truly soar.

"Great work environment, supportive co-workers and supervisors"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Concentric Sky full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Concentric Sky is staffed by people who really care about what they are doing, and who also care about holding on to good employees. As a result, the work environment is one that I have found to be pretty rare - people are happy to be here, produce high quality work, and feel that they are respected and well-supported by the company. There is a good balance of professionalism, and a laid-back, family-like atmosphere.

Cons

Given the nature of the field (web design/tech in general), there is perhaps higher than usual fluctuation in the team, as new people are hired, and others move on to new opportunities, sometimes in larger cities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Employees can tell that you care about us, and that makes a huge difference.

"A Great Work Environment With Flexible Schedule"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Concentric Sky full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people
    The food
    The beer
    Flexible schedule
    Interesting Work
    COO and VP are a great husband wife team.

Cons

No Paid Holidays. Need better bike parking facilities. Other than that I think it is a super place to work.

Advice to Management

Let's get some paid holidays~

"A growing company with great flexibility for employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Concentric Sky full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is about 50 people and is still growing. Management has opened their door for feedback and conversation, which allows employees to feel like they can still help shape the direction and attitude of the company. The flexibility is great and allows employees to pursue other aspects of their life as they see fit; kids, vacations, etc. Management focuses on making the working environment as enjoyable as possible with a fully stocked kitchen, lunch deliveries, and a downtown location that is close to a very up-and-coming area. Focus on bringing in new and exciting work that catches the interest of the employees – not always just about making a buck or two. Management also seems to be giving more trust to senior employees to be able to run projects and make decisions in the best way they see fit, rather than having to get the okay from management every time.

Cons

Because the company is still growing, it's still trying to figure out where it's focus really is and how it wants to present itself to the outside world. Once the direction and branding is solidified, many more will have a more clear understanding of what Concentric Sky is and will want to take part. Additionally, the flexibility occasionally causes scheduling problems, but as long as all parties communicate, things stay on track. There's sort of a mixed message when initially walking in here, with Buddha statues and plants in the front lobby one might think we are a nail salon or that all of us practice Buddhism. I don't feel this is very professional or does a good job creating a first impression for other first time visitors. To me, the biggest problem with Concentric Sky right now is an identity crisis. Being clear about who we are will set the table for many more successful years to come.

Advice to Management

Solidify branding and messaging. Continue to put trust in senior employees to help run the company. Continue to supply great beer.

"Concentric Sky is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Concentric Sky full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a team of really skilled people who are great to work with and very collaborative. I've learned a lot here. SUPER flexible work schedule and company vibe. The people here are top notch. Lots of nice perks (they deliver your lunch, great snack kitchen, kegerator, good health benefits, standing desks, etc)

Cons

A big workload right now.

Advice to Management

Hire more great people.