Concentrix Customer Service Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Agent

Create your profile to get personalized information

Concentrix Customer Service Agent Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

2.3
Concentrix CEO Chris Caldwell
Chris Caldwell
  1. "Tier 1 Customer Service Representative"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Agent in Daleville, IN

I have been working at Concentrix

Pros

The company so far has been great to work for. I'm pretty flexible schedule wise but many employees seemed to loose their flexibility upon getting hired and trained .Management seemed to go out of their way to accommodate everyone's schedules and I've heard little to no complaining there. Frequently asked if we would like overtime.

Cons

Probably the uncertainty as a contract employee as to the job security at any given time. I know I'm doing a stand up job and my immediate supervisor has assured me that he values me as a top performer and so do his bosses .it would be great to know that they plan to secure me into a position within the company as opposed to wondering if this is temp position as I do really enjoy my job and the company.

Advice to Management

Perhaps a session following training on the inside and outs of the staffing opportunities and how that works.Many people feel that once tax time is up they will get laid off.

Concentrix2015-04-15

"RUN. RUN VERY FAR AWAY. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED...."

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Rochester, NY

I worked at Concentrix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Finding the pros of working here is like searching through a fresh pile of dung for a tiny little reason that's good. I implore you to read my review and the others. Save yourself. -Working from home -Convenience

Cons

This may be a bit long but you should at least SKIM it. Take my warning to heart - Be careful... 1. Recruiters: Be careful of the recruiters, they have one job only...It's like a car salesman - They will do anything to get you to sign including selling their souls to Satan. They will lie about what you will be doing, the benefits, etc. If they tell you that, "Based on your resume, it's very impressive, with this... experience you could be a manager in 6 months." just know that it is false. I was told this with nearly 6 years experience in Call Center's and they strung me along for 2 YEARS. Take nothing they say (unless it is in writing) for granted. Trust no one. 2. Pay: It's pretty hard to mess up pay but CNX has time and time has again done it. You can expect anything to happen; from wrong paycheck amounts, to not even getting one at all, to never seeing a raise. The only thing in my experience that I did not have any issue with was the raises. I did manage to get myself a raise a few times but it took a long time for that to happen. 3. Career Advancement/Growth: I wouldn't advise coming here if you want to be more than an entry-level employee. Becoming a manager will be your worst mistake. Sure you are one level up on the food chain, and you may have good intentions but trust me that will pass in a few weeks. Suddenly you will find yourself selling out anyone under you to save your own hide from the CNX guilotine. Besides, it is You VS Them, right? Better that they get chopped than you. Its survival of the fittest. You will surely find yourself working for FREE because you can't risk losing your job. Your work/life balance will be gone. 4. Permanent/Temporary/Full-Time/Part-Time: There are several positions that are just temporary fillers, some that are part/full time, etc. Again, take nothing for granted. You may be a "permanent" employee but you are NOT SAFE. This company practices "temporary layoffs" that can be as long as 4 MONTHS (happened to me). If you are temporary, well you know the deal with that so I don't need to explain that. Full-Time VS Part-Time they favor full-time employees if you are only part-time you will be treated even worse which is saying something. So just know that your job isn't safe regardless of your job type. 5. The Actual Job: You would think minimum wage for minimum skill would be expected to be pretty easy right? WRONG. Some of the positions are actually really complicated, including one of the ones I had done required me, a guy making $12/hr with 0 prior tax experience GIVE TAX ADVICE because the company/client is too cheap to actually get someone help. You will feel like what you are doing is wrong, but you do it anyway because you can't afford to lose the job. 6. Toxic Workplace: If you don't like being treated poorly then this is not the place for you. Sure, some of your co-workers you may really like and become friends outside of work (this happened to me many times) but you will find 80% of the company is toxic, entitled, and downright bad people. Hold onto your friends you make, they will make this job bearable for some time. 7. No, There Is NOT Preferred Scheduling: Sell your entire life to the company if you plan on working here. Cancel all appointments, drop school, and live alone. If you have anything else going on I can tell you right now it's not gonna work. Concentrix has time and time again shown me that they do not care about your personal time, they will give you whatever schedule they want. No, it does not matter if you are top of your class or bottom (or top of the agent scorecards or the worst). Either way, your schedule sucks and you have to deal with it for 3 months. 8. Be Careful Of Quitting: The moment you spurt a word of leaving, pack your bags. Concentrix has no shame in sending you packing the moment they hear a whisper. In my case, I had worked here for 2 years, dedicated my life to my work. I did overtime, I worked hard, I did things I should not have been doing (not bad things but extra work, i.e. extra training, creating job guides and job aids). I had gotten a better offer from another company and I jumped at the opportunity and scheduled myself to quit in 2 weeks. I contacted HR and notified them, of which they told me to enter it into our Workday. I did that and then the next day mid-shift my manager sent me packing. Thankfully the new company understood and started me sooner. 9. You May Want to Invest In 'Depends': Depends is an adult diaper if you didn't know. Be ready to have no breaks for restroom breaks and make sure you eat before shift because you may not get a lunch. CNX has refused to let people on breaks because "we are too busy" and people told me they actually wet themselves because they were afraid of losing their jobs. This is real. You've been warned. So all in all if I could give a 0 rating I would but Glassdoor won't let me. Oh and one more thing.... The company values are a complete lie. "We are FANATICAL about our clients and staff". Yeah. Right. Totally false, they do not give 2 craps about you.

Advice to Management

Oh boy... Management. You really should care more about your employees. These people under you, they have no one to care for them except you. Take responsibility and help them become more, and don't sell them out to save yourself. You may not directly be the problem but we all know that it comes from up top. You should speak up for yourselves. You don't have to be treated this way and in turn, treat those underneath... you worse. Be the change you want to see, and make it spread. You have more power than you think.

Concentrix2019-09-06

"Customer service agent"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Concentrix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some very helpful new staff members who are trying to do their job well.

Cons

RUN BEFORE YOU GET STARTED!! There are several disrespectful people here. Several employees are recent high school graduates. Staff are very loud and schedules are changed weekly with split days off. HR has 1 employee. The training does not match with the job when you move to the floor and those who are there to assist quickly disappear and you are told to ask a coworker who is also new. You get dinged for being 1... minute late, no matter how time it takes to log onto the computer.

Advice to Management

Provide proper training instead of having classes for less than 2 weeks and then sending staff right out to the call center floor. Listen to all of the loud people cursing and talking about sex while you try to talk to customers.

Concentrix2018-11-11

"Hated working there."

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Richmond, VA

I worked at Concentrix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid training for seven weeks. Good employee benefits such as health and dental insurance. Regular wait time for health insurance, the usual 90 days. 120 days for dental insurance to kick in.

Cons

Abused regularly on the phone by customers. Did not make enough money to do your job the best you can, while being verbally abused daily, and still expect to keep a 95 overall in QA scores.

Advice to Management

Like stated above. Not a clue on how to lift up the employees you are managing. Don't understand that when you are there for them and support them. They will feel important and want to but there all into their work everyday. If no one ever gets recognized and is always criticized. They won't care and will do the bare minimum to keep the job and not get fired or let go.

Concentrix2017-02-01
  5. "Typical call center"

Customer Service Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Concentrix for more than 5 years

Pros

co-workers, schedules and break room

Cons

everything else, upper management is not helpful, no raises and employees are not heard

Advice to Management

advance employees, give raises and recognition for a job well done

Concentrix2016-10-03

"Don't work here."

Customer Service Agent

I worked at Concentrix

Pros

Nothing. The job sucks horrible

Cons

The job is horrible. They give you training that doesn't help you at all.

Advice to Management

The management has no idea what they are doing. They are absolutely clueless.

Concentrix2016-06-01
  7. "Customer Service Agent"

Customer Service Agent in Daleville, IN

I worked at Concentrix

Pros

Compensation Initial Training Location in proximity to towns Training as a group

Cons

Will not work with you once training is over. They threaten to cut you loose if you do not keep within the time frame to assist people. If you do not make goal, they pressure you into quitting instead of firing. They say it is a win win situation. It is not. It only allows them to say that they haven't had to fire anyone. It also allows them to get away with not having to offer unemployment benefits. They... also offer you more training, but it is unpaid. You can go to training for 40 hours a week for 3 weeks.....unpaid. Not a win, win situation for the employee.

Advice to Management

Work with people. Attitude is important in an employee. Some people just need additional training and job encouragement. Some of the best employees come from having leaders that inspire, believe, encourage and constantly train them. Work with your trainers to be able to train and inspire. Be willing to move employees to the various work pods without having to wait 90 days. When you find an employee that is... willing to work hard, find their passion and utilize it in the best location for a true win/win situation.

Concentrix2015-09-22
  8. "Do not go there"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I worked at Concentrix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hard to find any..

Cons

Everything. Bad pay, no chance of personal growth. Long hours..

Concentrix2019-10-14
  9. "Average"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in London, ON

I worked at Concentrix full-time for less than a year

Pros

First Month of Training was good

Cons

very less amount of support in the floor.

Concentrix2019-09-26
  10. "Don’t bother"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Concentrix full-time

Pros

Nothing wa a positive here I had the worst time of my life

Cons

Everything was a con, they wouldn’t even pay you your correct wage

Advice to Management

Couldn’t manage a Sunday league football team never mind a workplace

Concentrix2019-09-15