Concept Technology Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 21, 2018

4.3
James Fields

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A truly familial place to work and grow"

I have been working at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To be blunt, I've not ever worked at a company quite like this. The friendly, creative, all inclusive environment that you see from the outside is truly what you get as an employee. They say that a company's culture trickles down from the top of the organization, and Concept Technology is an honest blueprint of this concept because there's no one at the top that will ask anything of you that they wouldn't do themselves. There's no limit to what you can accomplish here, and all of the necessary tools are at your disposal. The great work that we do is acknowledged, oftentimes rewarded, but always valued. There are no egos nor ulterior motives. Everyone, especially our CEO is open and transparent about the track of our business, our wins, our challenges, and our focuses. Most importantly, we're treated as family members who are given the utmost care an attention to our professional and personal endeavors, like you would not believe. In the year that I've been here, I've become a better professional, individual, and a more thoughtful thinker. The work that we do is transformative only because of the support that we get from leadership and our peers. Not working here would be doing yourself a massive disservice because you will not find anything quite like it. I'm thankful to be here everyday and I've never shared that same sentiment elsewhere. I didn't even mention the Beer Fridays, paid healthcare, catered meals, and office gym because those are great perks (100% reflective of the care from our CEO), but they're not what makes this place so amazing. They've figured that out, and that's why this is the best place to work.

Cons

Clearly, none from me.

"Houston, we have a problem..."

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean work environment.
    Plenty of beer.

Cons

Have you ever seen an episode of 'Black Mirror'?

On the surface, this looks like a great place to work and they have all the awards, that marketing funds can buy, to back that up. However, this company is playing "business" with their clients' money. I would compare their president to a child who dresses up in his dad's suit and is playing "boss".

There are two sides to every conversation, their created perception and the truth. It was truly exhausting to not have trust in your senior leadership and it ultimately result in you becoming a scapegoat for inadequate results.

No direction and subzero business acumen and professionalism.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Change because it will be positive for your clients and employees, not just because you can. Leave those changes in place for long enough to derive the implications.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Support Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People really care about each other. It's not just a job, it's a family.

Cons

I haven't discovered any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Involving everyone in meetings is integral to success.

"One of Nashville's Best Companies"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Concept Technology Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is progressive, has a great work environment, sets employees up for success and constantly strives to be the best managed service provider.

Cons

No negatives with this company.

"Work Culture"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Support Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time here at Concept Technology, Inc. has been very impactful to me(positively), both on a Personal level as well as Professional. In the time I’ve worked there, you’d be hard-pressed to find a team with more cohesiveness and better synergy-I’ll miss that.

Cons

More variety for Lunch options.

Advice to Management

Keep asking for feedback from Staff.

"Why they keep winning culture awards"

I have been working at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management team is very transparent, making sure that critical information is relayed in appropriate ways, but also ensuring that every employee has the same access to ask questions, challenge processes, and set the direction for the company.

All the little perks (like coffee and catered meals) are great, but they aren't what makes Concept great to work for. That comes from a culture built by employees who genuinely enjoy working with one another, and believe in the service they provide.

The company knows how to have fun, and when to reward hard work. No one takes themselves TOO seriously, but everyone understands that the responsibility to the job comes first.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep asking your employees why they like working here. The exercises we do together to shape the direction of the company not only provide valuable feedback, but increase buy in from everyone.

"Ask FORMER employees how they feel."

Former Employee - Field Engineer
    Former Employee - Field Engineer

I worked at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment. Coworkers are great for the most part. Great variety of clients, most of whom are fantastic. You will learn a lot quickly by being thrown in the fire.

Cons

Management is very crafty at shielding employees from any discontent. Any dissent is quickly and quietly dispensed of. There is a subtle but effective effort to gin up enthusiasm for the company and convince everyone that its a fantastic place to work, but its not much different from anywhere else. (Note all the positive comments from current employees here, they were probably strongly encouraged to do it.) It was sometimes difficult to get the proper tools needed to do a good job, then occasionally you would get scapegoated as a result. If you fall out of favor, you will be quickly and quietly ushered out.

High rate of turnover, even among senior employees. Occasional mass exodus.

Strong focus on revenue.

"Concept Review"

Former Employee - IT Support Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - IT Support Analyst in Nashville, TN

I worked at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people. Great working environment. Free lunches and Bongo Java coffee.

Cons

For the most part, there were no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep the environment fun and professional.

"Unethical Incentive/Bonus Program"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are great.

Cons

Most work roles are expected to maintain a daily billable quota. In and of itself, this is not a problem... However, monthly bonuses are given if/when an employee exceeds their daily billable quota. Ultimately, this leads to unhappy customers who say that they feel "nickle and dimed".... which is true because management places pressure on employees to not only meet but exceed their daily quotas. This is all done under the guise of it being "good" for the employee because it's a "bonus". In reality it causes people to work longer hours and/or from home during the evenings - which upsets the work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing by your clients and explain to them how employees are compensated with respect to bonuses and incentives. If you cannot do that, you should ask yourself how ethical it is.

"Look No Further!"

Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Lead Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Concept Technology Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't say enough about my time at Concept Technology. I worked with a great group of people that grew and grew over my 4 years there. The work is fun but the people make the difference. I will always have a great memory of working there.

Cons

Nothing really to mention here other than I wish I could have spent more lunches in the office cafe with the others. Being a field engineer at a great company keeps you busy and out in the field all the time.