Concierge Services of Atlanta Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Penny Morriss

1. "Great place to learn the concierge business!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

CSOA knows everyone in town. It's amazing how many resources there are within the wealth of knowledge of this company.

Cons

The business is always changing with the needs of the client. If you can't 'go with the flow' and look at changes as an opportunity to stretch yourself, this is not a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Creating an open forum for ideas within all ranks of the company will benefit the growth progress.

2. "Sales person or Concierge?"

Current Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Concierge Services of Atlanta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like were I work and who I work for...I like being helpful.

Cons

Are we to be of SERVICE or SALE, SALE, SALE

Advice to Management

Concierge- is a job to assist guests by arranging tours, making theater and restaurant reservations, etc.
    Salesperson-An individual who sells goods and services to other entities.

A Salesperson makes about $10,000 to $20,000 more then I Concierge.

Concierge Services of Atlanta Response

Oct 19, 2016 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback. A concierge is always about providing service to all our clients whether it is accepting packages on their behalf, arranging a movie tour, suggesting someone to cater a ... More

3. "Concierge"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Concierge Services of Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great direct supervisors are encouraging and helpful. The job allows you to meet all types of great people.

Cons

Minimal benefits, administrative problems and disorganization from management. Not a lot of room for pay increase or promotion with the company.

Advice to Management

Provide more in depth training, better response time to employee issues or inquiries. Also offer more incentive to stay.

5. "Office Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Concierge Services of Atlanta (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that has been in business almost 19 years. Networking with corporate, retail, and residential clients a plus. Perks are not too bad either.

Cons

More training of employees on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

None

6. "They wear out good talent."

Former Employee - Lead Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Concierge Services of Atlanta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working there was the company was a contractor at all their buildings. It allowed you as an employee to meet and be exposed to all types of people. From an employee prespective, you never know who you can meet and make positive connections with.

Cons

They will ask so much of you but have no problem over looking you when a promotion comes up.

Advice to Management

It would be good to invest more in training your employees.

7. "Turned out to be an very disappointing and extremely frustrating experience as a CSOA concierge."

Former Employee - Residential Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Residential Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Concierge Services of Atlanta full-time

Pros

Get to know building residents and their families very well. Meet some very interesting people. Provide guest service with a smile.

Cons

Very disorganized company. May easily end up with leads and/or managers that have no experience in providing exceptional guest service. If a property fails to renew a contract, you'll likely be out of a job, or at least for an unknown extended period of time. As a new employee, you can easily miss insurance signup deadlines due to lack of communication from company on when and what to do, only to wait a VERY long time to be eligible again (I missed two deadlines because no one gave me any info or direction which resulted in working for nearly a year without coverage). One will be forced to work regardless of even the most dangerous of weather. I was told that if I did not report to work during one of our recent snowstorms, I would be written up and/or terminated. It took me 6.5 hours to get there that day, and I was stranded afterwards with no safe way to find any accommodation for the night. I was unable to return home for two days. If you are sick.. chances are slim that you'll be allowed to take a sick day without possible disciplinary action against you as coverage is so paper thin, and there is a possibility that you can get stuck on a 14 hr shift if your relief does not show up. Shifts are usually 8 hours, and there are no breaks or lunch time provided. There is little to no chance of promotion, and raises are very very rare. Traditional tipping for going above and beyond is pretty much non-existent. If an employee has too many concerns, or raises too many flags, they just may be bullied to quit by their lead.. at the approval of upper management. One can usually only take so much pressure and abuse for so long. Your work life can become so incredibly unpleasant and difficult, that you'll eventually quit. I have never in my life experienced more negativity and unnecessary drama.. in any position I've held.. with any company I've worked for. My quality and outlook of life has improved drastically since I left my full time position.

Advice to Management

Carefully research and choose honest leaders with a strong background and history in providing guest service excellence. Listen closely to your employees and be more accommodating to their needs. Have more dependable backup in case someone gets sick or bad weather hits. Hire a few more hands to get things done in the main office, so that work is done more efficiently, accurately, and so that there is good strong procedure in place. Communicate clearly and honestly with staff at all times. Be more transparent in operations.

8. "Ticket Coordinator"

I worked at Concierge Services of Atlanta part-time

Pros

Can be fun, easy to learn, and you work in cool offices

Cons

Hard to move up in the company

9. "Concierge"

I have been working at Concierge Services of Atlanta part-time

Pros

Being on the job is great, you get to meet a lot of nice people. Most of the other Concierge are really helpful and friendly. We all like going to work. The locations we work in are great. The best thing is we have little interactions with the people from CSOA Office. CSOA office is a mess!

Cons

CSOA office is filled with power-tripping idiots. Constantly sending unnecessary emails with a negative and aggressive tone. They are always making changes to the changes. The CSOA office has an "US" against "them" (the concierge ) mentality. If you try to have a simple conversation or make an observation, they take it as a negative act. This is due to the "Directors" being uneducated and having no real experience. Avoid them at all cost. They're not scary just irritating.

Advice to Management

What needs to change is MANAGEMENT. All the good people in management left and the owner is left with individual who cant get a job anywhere else. Stop bring in contractors who don't know the industry and could care less about what tenants are asking for. "Stop sending so many emails! Stop repeating the same information. Why is the Newsletter only about tickets? What other service do CSOA offer?" That is my advice and what needs to change.

"Concierge"

I worked at Concierge Services of Atlanta part-time

Pros

Great company! Fair processes and procedures, open communication encouraged to achieve highest levels of performance, committed to success of employee.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say

11. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Concerge
    Current Employee - Concerge

Pros

I loved working with CSOA, they provided me with proper training and the job was enjoyable. It was nice to develop relationships with people at the company.

Cons

I was working part-time and it was hard to get enough hours, mostly because everyone wants to work. Another downside was the pay, I wish it was a little higher.