Concord Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert P. Steigmeyer

1. "Concord Hospital"

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist II in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist II in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, great benefits.

Cons

Really only con is that they did away with my department, but we are able to apply for other positions in hospital.

2. "Great environment!"

Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, works as a team, and loves their job.

Cons

Pay is a little less than some other for profit hospitals in the area.

3. "House keeper"

Former Employee - Cleaning Hospital in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Cleaning Hospital in Concord, NH

I worked at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love being around people and done cleaning but I need a new job doing.

Cons

A am a team player and the team player means that you work with other people and willing to get right in and help people that need help and they shouldn't have to ask you to help me out. Most of the time people should help and work with all other people together this is team work!

Advice to Management

Always be on time for work be nice to others and most to customers and your boss. Always have a smile to others and customers too. Do good talking and to customers and your boss. Come in with clean clothes and pleasant always. Don't be losing time a lot from work.

5. "Excellent culture!"

Current Employee - Critical Care RN in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Critical Care RN in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with amazing people. Management is supportive. Education is amazing, relevant and paid for! Physicians I work with treat me like I make a difference and involve me in the plan for my patients. They also listen to the nurses when something is wrong.

Cons

Pay is not comparable to hospitals within 30 min radius, especially if you start as a new grad nurse.
    It would be nice if they increased the tuition reimbursement.
    A float pool is needed at this hospital
    Nurses working in critical care areas, should be paid more than floor nurses because they are required to have advanced certifications as well as are required to be on call.

"awful place to work"

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Concord, NH

I worked at Concord Hospital (More than a year)

Pros

No pros to speak of or scrape from the bottom of the barrel.

Cons

It's really interesting to me how they go about finding and hiring managers. I worked at CRHC from 2003 to 2004 when I was 19. I was insulted, berated, and sexual harassed by my manager. I went to HR to discuss the matter, and they said they could not help me, that that was the way this man managed. My only option was to stay longer and transfer departments, so I did. After transferring new manager (who was amazing) unfortunately had to leave for a shoulder injury. When my new manager left HR put my old harassing manager back in charge of me. They then told me that I was not allowed to transfer departments again ultimately forcing me to quit. More recently the manager who harassed me was on the news for not one, but four felonious counts of forcible sexual fondling - not entirely sure what that conviction entails, but it doesn't sound great and validates my story of being harassed. Even more recently this company has hired my old co-worker who slept.with my.manager, which resulted in his divorce and loss of his three children. She now manages in the food service department. SHE SLEEPS WITH MARRIED MEN AND HAS NO MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE TO SPEAK OF. HOW DID SHE GET THIS JOB?!?!?!

Advice to Management

Listen to your honest and hard working employees and stop rewarding tyrant like behavior.

7. "Thumbs up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, supportive of growth within the organization, organizational development dept., earned time off, and management.

Cons

Salary. It's an issue across the board.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Management isn't easy. Continue to act in the best interest of patients staff, and the organization.

"I would return, but I would be selective in my manager & attitude of the department"

Former Employee - LNA in Concord, NH
    Former Employee - LNA in Concord, NH

I worked at Concord Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Healthy food options, friendly & supportive physicians & surgeons, loved working with the patients. They were there to be helped, and it was a blessing to be a part of that.
    I have to admit, there were a few RN's that were fabulous to work with. They "helped" when necessary the LNA's vs. treating them like they were servants with no value (yes, some RN's mistreated LNA's)

Cons

Too much micro-managing to the point where patient care was impaired, Due to needing to "stay within budget" training was declined for LNA's. Poor attitude throughout, lack of co-operation between departments, HR was lacking in supporting employees.
    Even as a patient, employees are unhappy.

Advice to Management

Take the time to acknowledge those employees that go above and beyond, and not only on special recognition weeks.
    Eliminate the managers who adhere to a strict budget, who do not support hard working employees that care about the patients and their co-workers.
    To better care for the community, it is important to treat the staff fairly, provide adequate training, and allow them to grow in order to be the best health care facility within our community.
    Get rid of managers who are only looking at the $$, play favorites and talk behind the staff members who work hard. Retain managers who support their staff, provide opportunities to grow, and encourage positive reinforcement to those who are doing well within the mission of the hospital.

"Difficult to work with management and HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bow, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bow, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. The work can be rewarding.

Cons

Management is not trained in how to effectively manage staff and can be unaware of how to deal with concerns. HR is supportive of management, not staff.

Advice to Management

Really needs to be a training program for management about how to employ the Service Behaviors,

10. "Great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- great training
    - welcoming staff
    - excellent education opportunities
    - very patient centered care
    - excellent management

Cons

- no over time available
    - vertical growth minimal

Advice to Management

promotional opportunities for 5+ year employees

Concord Hospital Response

Jul 23, 2015 – Manager of Talent and Employee Relations

I'm glad to hear that you love it here. So do we! As part of our HR strategic plan, we are working on helping employees to identify career path and growth opportunities within the organization. I ... More

"Worst Place I have EVER Worked"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Concord, NH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Concord, NH

I have been working at Concord Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO cares
    DNV instead of government approved

Cons

Management
    Employee Health
    Time it takes to get a job
    Benefits
    Earned time

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism. It is blatantly obvious that you favor some employees over the other ones.

Concord Hospital Response

Aug 3, 2015 – Manager of Talent and Employee Relations

I am sorry to hear you are not having a good experience while working at Concord Hospital. Concord Hospital prides itself as being a great place to work, with a transparent leadership model. We will ... More