Concorde Career Colleges Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Guy Bell

Pros
Cons
  • Lots of turnover in upper management, with each one no better than the next (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay for amount of effort necessary (in 4 reviews)

1. "Dental Hygiene Department Review"

Current Employee - Dental Hygiene Instructor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Dental Hygiene Instructor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Concorde Career Colleges part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great professional fun atmosphere. Great moral in department. Thanks to an awesome Program Director and Dean! My colleages are great-No Divas! And we all appreciate our hard working students. Competitive pay and benefits, plus company makes me feel appreciated.

Cons

Not too many I can think of at this time.

2. "Admissions Representative"

Former Employee - Admissions in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Concorde Career Colleges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The starting salary seemed reasonable.

Cons

The revolving door atmosphere. Everybody is always on thin ice. No Stability for most team members; maybe one person whose been there since the beginning of the school opening; but most people in admissions are new. NO COMMISSION

Advice to Management

Never met management. That can be frustrating.

3. "Poor Pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

I worked at Concorde Career Colleges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most employees generally care about their impact of students

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Corporate office doesn't understand how their campuses work. Constantly change processes and procedures without properly training every department involved.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth instead of downsizing and adding more responsibilities.

5. "Company"

Former Employee - Program Director in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Program Director in Mission, KS

I worked at Concorde Career Colleges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A few people in the company are willing to go above and beyond to help new employees adjust and feel welcomed.

Cons

Many of the employees have been there for years and do not work well with new employees and do not like new ideas to improve or change programs.

6. "Online Instructor"

Former Employee - Online Instructor in Sweet Home, OR
    Former Employee - Online Instructor in Sweet Home, OR

Pros

Work from home. Keep your own hours.

Cons

Low pay for amount of effort necessary.

"what a joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

PROS- stay away look elsewhere

Cons

It's all about the money- charging studnets 12-18% interest is criminal
    If you can breathe and walk your in- most students have no business even being there

Advice to Management

wake up your the next ITT in sheep clothing

8. "Poor company to work for"

Former Employee - Clinical Lab Instructor in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Clinical Lab Instructor in Portland, OR

I worked at Concorde Career Colleges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Originally when I was hired in 2008, this was a very good company to work for and the graduates they produced were exceptional.

Cons

By the time I left in 2012 this company had been bought and sold several times over. The benefits went down hill. The staffing went downhill. The moral went downhill. Upper management was more concerned about the "numbers" than they were of giving a QUALITY education to adult students. They made statements that they did not fulfill.....one being that they promised "HELP" with job finding to students.. I still know former students that Did Not Receive job assistance placement! The teaching staff became a revolving door no matter what department an instructor was with. I now specifically ask where did the "new" person in my doctors office "go to school". If they went to Concorde....I will not let them touch me!

Advice to Management

Quit worrying about the "number" of students you wish to enroll and give students a BETTER education!

"What a shame that this school is in operation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, TX

I worked at Concorde Career Colleges (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers whom make the best of what they can

Cons

President has no clue what he's doing. The school talks as though they are for the students to the students, however they are all about keeping them on campus as long as possible to make every dollar possible

Advice to Management

Take a look at your self values and do what you say you are going to do. It's a tragedy that a school is a scam artist.

"Admissions Representative"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Southaven, MS
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Southaven, MS

I worked at Concorde Career Colleges (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay was decent, fun co-workers.

Cons

Micro-management. Its all about the enrollments. No other contributions to the team are deemed as important. Loyalty does not matter.

"Admissions Representative III"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative III in North Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative III in North Hollywood, CA

Pros

-start off with higher salary than most
    -small office and not cubicle
    -knew many people that finished their vocational education here so the company has a name around this area

It was recession when I worked there so corporate stressed the management and of course management stressed the employees. It was a stressful time in the field and I haven't worked there for more than 4 years so hopefully, things have changed for the better now that the economy is picking up since there's also new CEO in town. Towards the end of my employment there, there were management transitions that were happening because of drama going around. Hopefully, they finally hired the right management to do the job.

Cons

-corporate at the top doesn't know anything that's going on with the employees at the bottom of the totem pole, so they think the old school way of making 200 calls everyday will make a difference in lead conversion
    -not enough effective marketing
    -outdated everything (corporate mindset, marketing, building, equipment)
    -not much pay increase after starting off with a higher pay
    -just another for-profit school that cares more about numbers than anything else.

Although I understand this is business, maybe instead of focusing the majority of time on just getting students to come in, the focus should be quality service and guidance for the prospective students who do come in. After all, this is consultative sales and not a car dealership.

Advice to Management

Management should focus on training admissions on how to effectively guide a prospective student with quality consultation as well as problem solving issues for those students who really do want to go to school. Focus shouldn't be on bugging (by repeated phone calls) leads that are obviously not interested, as well as forcing students that have come in for an interview that a certain program is right for them, when it's really not. People are so much smarter and suspicious now more than ever and they know what they want. More importantly, they know when they are being steered into a decision that they know is not right for them.