Concurrency Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Software developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Concurrency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the flexibility and work load

Cons

Salary was really low compared to the market.

Advice to Management

Good work there

"Great Investment in Employees"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Concurrency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Concurrency for almost 2 years and I continue to be very impressed with the investment that management makes in employees. My direct manager really takes the time to work with me on my career goals and for the first time ever I am working for a company that really goes above and beyond. They incent me to keep up with constantly changing technologies and I have training time that I can use towards certifications and conferences. Good team work and fun place to work.

Cons

They can not always guarantee the work that I get will be in our region but I am able to work remotely on those projects.

Advice to Management

Try to maintain the great culture even as we grow.

"Fantastic company to work for with a great culture"

Former Employee - Business Development in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Business Development in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Concurrency part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great company that is devoted to improving processes and solving problems for their clients. The company culture is one that values learning and pushing the envelope. A work hard, play hard mentality where everyone is willing to help and assist to get the job done.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment with technologies every changing and deadlines to meet. At times this can be a bit much if you aren't use to working hard.

"Toxic Environment"

Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Concurrency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Concurrency offers it's consultants a decent wage and benefit package. It also provides high end equipment to work with. In addition they provide opportunities to get Microsoft certifications which can be great for your career.

Cons

The company culture is extremely toxic to the individual consultants. Office politics are the biggest factor to being successful with the quality of your work taking a back seat.

Quality control is almost non-existent. For example I had the pleasure of debugging a 1,000 lines of code switch statement. Experienced programmers will know how frustrating this type of atmosphere can be.

Billing practices are questionable at best. You may be put into situations that border on being unethical.

The Brookfield office has a problem with temperature control. It is either way to hot or way to cold which makes it difficult to concentrate on your work. Seems like an easy fix, but it never got resolved.

Overall I believe your success with this company will depend greatly on your personality type. If you are the type of person that likes to keep your head down, and let the quality of your work speak for it self, then you should probably avoid Concurrency. On the other hand if you know how to play the game, and can win the popularity contest, you may be able to grow your career here.

Advice to Management

My advice is to focus more on the quality of work. I would also encourage better teamwork between individuals.

5. "A great place to work"

I have been working at Concurrency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company that is devoted to solving their customers problems and improving the lives of all employees. The company culture is one of pushing the envelope and being on the cutting edge at all times.

Cons

A face paced environment with tight deadlines that you have to meet.

Travel can be last minute and not be accommodating of personal situations at times.

Advice to Management

Focus on project management and providing additional opportunities for advancement throughout the organization.

"Architect"

Pros

Love the Company, the investment in employees and the Integrity.

Cons

None so far that I've seen.

"Untrustworthy Organization"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Concurrency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seem to be very nice from an outsiders standpoint.

Cons

This organization has a very difficult time communicating feedback consistently. When you do receive any feedback at all, you know it's time to start looking for a new job. The Chicago office has been all but decimated because they cannot figure out how to bring in work to that office; so they find very unoriginal ways to get rid of you. When feedback was brought to the HR department, it was quickly dismissed.

Advice to Management

Your actions are very predictable, and not good. Be careful because someone who really cares will sue this company for unlawful termination, especially when they make it known that they want to let you go.

"Not what it was"

I worked at Concurrency full-time

Pros

Great employees. Eager to help everyone learn the new technologies.

Cons

Newer upper management changing the culture

"Only if last resort come here"

I worked at Concurrency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some times they brought in food
    Some smart people but won't be there long
    If you bill no one bothers you but billable work is not up to you

Cons

Bad client billing practices will become their reputation and will eventually put company out of business
    Company wants you to work 50-60 hours a week
    Promotions are only given to people only who can wear down leadership into giving them one
    Inexperienced leadership is still running the place
    Company does not give raises even for cost of living

Consulting is usually fun and you can work with different people and learn. Stick with the larger and publicly traded firms that are stable and are well respected. This place is a joke.

Advice to Management

Dethrone the core leadership team

Concurrency Response

Oct 30, 2015 – Director of Marketing

We have a hard time responding to this comment. The grammar is horrible. The sentences lack structure and coherence. The entire paragraph reads like it was written by someone who doesn’t speak... More

"A Good Place to Grow Your Technical Skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Concurrency full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The technology team is very solid. Concurrency invests a great deal into training and developing employees and ensures they are world class experts. The benefits are good. Everyone is helpful and shares knowledge which can be quite refreshing. The leadership genuinely cares for their employees and supports them as life happens to us. The environment is fun and it's a true team effort.

Cons

Leadership should improve processes at a faster pace and utilize Best Practices. This would streamline the environment to be proactive and less reactive. The reactive environment causes unnecessary stress.

Advice to Management

Listen more to those who are outside of your every day circle. We employ bright, talented people who bring great experience to the table and can help resolve areas of growth.