Condo Protego Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Andrew Caltorphe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not for those who hate challenging work"

I have been working at Condo Protego full-time

Pros

- Everyone is willing to help you if you ask, and people are very experienced and qualified.
    - People are friendly, and most are reliable because they actually want to get work done. This is rare in this part of the world.
    - A LOT to learn. The job is complex.
    - Ideas and suggestions are listened to with an open mind, as long as you have a business case. This can lead to big changes in everyday processes that were started by you - great feeling when you see you've made a change.
    - Success is rewarded
    - Good business ethics - nobody seems to mention this but it's good to not have pressure to act unethically. In fact there's pressure to always act in the right way.
    - Good market position, so the job is easier
    - Constant feedback on how to improve/what to change
    - Very low repetition of tasks. Processes, tactics,
    - Thinking independently is a requirement - expected to have answers, not questions. This is obviously not a positive for everyone.

Cons

- Expectations are high, but are very clearly documented from day 0. If you aren't achieving, you will be pulled up in front of your colleagues.
    - No sugar-coating, no formalities. This is the norm for me, but other people may be used to having 0 negative feedback until the day they're fired
    - Work-life balance: Work is always first. Probably a shock for people who are used to work being only done in the office.
    - If your work is bad, or if it's slow, then the pressure will keep increasing until you get it right.
    - High pressure work environment, very fast paced (not a con for all).

Advice to Management

Need more social activities with the whole team.
    Need way more regular internal training sessions.
    Need more clear processes, there is confusion sometimes between teams.
    Stop wasting time on time wasters.

Not sure why some reviews say high employee turnover...in my experience it has been very low compared to others in the same industry in Dubai. None of the core staff (and most of the others) who I work with daily have changed since I started a couple of years ago.

2. "good place to feel your contribution counted"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Condo Protego full-time (More than a year)

Pros

after having worked in thelargest companys for so long it felt great to know my contribution really mattered to have direct open access to the ultimate decision makers and to be kept up to date on key company plans. really missing this now back in a big company

Cons

whilst there was more pressure becuase your number really counted it still was not as bad as the corporate wrangling i am back to facing

Advice to Management

keep it open its refreshing

"kind hardworking team who help me a lot"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Condo Protego full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was to work on many projects that for me were interested for me and was able to make my skills much better and very much help from the managers

Cons

sometimes too many people come who do not want to do the work nicely and then there is a problems, but it is good that those people do not stay

Advice to Management

thanks you for all the help that I was given to me

"great salary great job"

I have been working at Condo Protego full-time

Pros

Earning a great salary working on really interesting projects, with the best products in some of the best customer sites.

Cons

need to fix the A/C in the office

"Great opportunities in an organization that knows how to be the best"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant

I have been working at Condo Protego full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the structure to meet the goals of the highest levels of customer focus and satisfaction are very clear, and through a repeated consistent approach make your job straightforward, and then its down to the individual to deliver and push themselves forward

Cons

not really suitable for those who want to as little as possible or want to their own thing at work, this does not lead to consistentcy and just upsets the balance which is close to perfect

Advice to Management

none, its offered and received on a daily basis

6. "PLEASE DONT JOIN THIS COMPANY"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Condo Protego full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cant think of any benefits worth the pain experienced here.

Cons

Working in Condo is painful. You are treated like a kid and need to take permission for every action. You literally don't have a voice of your own.

When you're working on a project they expect you to complete things in unreasonable timelines. The worst part is that they expect you to remain seated in office all day, when you're not onsite. You need to signout in a register every time you goo for a break longer than 10 minutes..

Advice to Management

Please stop this nursery business

"Good perks for those willing to fall down"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Condo Protego full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Condo Protego pays well .

Cons

Management expects you to fall down to their discretion. They don't believe in empowering people, but you rather need to follow instructions as dictated.

I don't understand the fact why positive reviews follow within days of negative ones. There are just 10 people in the company,, with an average of 1 person leaving per month. I would not recommend this company to anybody, unless you're desperate for a change.

Advice to Management

Please treat employees like humans!!

"Worst experience of my life"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Condo Protego full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like to remain sitting at a desk and pretending to do work, this is your place.

Cons

a) Employees are manipluated on joining. You are given an offer letter with basic terms and conditions, but once you join you are made to sign another contract (customized for each employee) that was never shared earlier. Some of the terms include 3 months notice, recovery of expenses upto 50,000 AED if you leave within 12 months, cannot join competitor etc.

b) This is a family run business, driven by husband and wife (Andrew and Savitha)

d) While you join with a dignified role as a Consultant, your job profile is not dignified in any manner. You have to take permission for every act:
    - Macro management to the extent never ever seen
    - Call management before going to a customer site as well as when you leave the customer site.
    - Keep management copied on every silly email
    - Drive onsite activities remotely whenever possible (DO NOT go onsite)
    - Drive remote activities one email whenever possible (DO NOT WebEx)
    - You are expected to remain seated at your desk, no socializing with colleagues in office, take minimum breaks etc.
    - You are expected to be available 24/7, but in case your'e late to office you will have to go through a 'living in UAE' session

e) Management calls this a professional company, but they keep fighting together amongst themselves creating a weird environment in office (remember they are a couple pretending to be professional business partners)

f) 10 employee company. Average attrition of 1 person per month.

Advice to Management

You could grow your business, if you grew up to be adults..

"Bad Employer"

Former Employee - Sales in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Sales in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Condo Protego full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is good and reaches on time. Strong Principal Companies to work with. Some very good colleagues to work with.

Cons

Unprofessionally managed company. Micromanagement is the style. No delegation of power and decision making. Two tier organisation. Top tier is CEO & GM and lower tier is all other employees. The management believes in putting unnecessary pressure on employees all the time.

Advice to Management

Be Nice to Employees. They are also humans. They need to improve their people management skills drastically.

"Well I like working here"

Pros

i like having the opportunity to see an event from end to end, some while ago i was visiting a customer for regular system check and they mentioned about some new requirements. After updating the account manager, he and i visited the customer and i presented the options for upgrading their system. Then i prepared the configurations and assisted in the proposal and managed the opportunity registration with the supplier. Then after we got the PO and the equipment came i managed the delivery, installed and configured the upgrade and now continue supporting the customer, and this is a repeatable thing that happens all the time. This is much better then just doing one part of this and not feeling involved.

Cons

whilst the office has the minimum amenities it would be good to have somethings to help relax, like a table tennis table or pool table like some of the companies in India.

Advice to Management

happy with the work, please keep the multi tasking job unchanged, i think most of us like to do different things from time to time