Confluent Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Confluent Software Engineer Reviews

Updated Oct 2, 2019

5.0
  1. Featured Review

"A unicorn among unicorns"

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engineering-focused mindset all the way to the top means silly corporate issues aren't suffered Our leadership likes making fun of anonymous questions about 'not important' issues like whether we should have a dress code or not, and frankly I love it. It's a breath of fresh air to hear things like "hey, maybe we should focus doing the things that will make us successful" - and not done in a whip-cracking way at all but instead in a way that fosters a real desire to just do better work and create more value for all of us. Absolutely exceptional engineering talent. It's incredible to work with not only our executives but also the stellar engineering, product, data-focused, and frankly anyone at the firm. Pretty much everyone you meet is an expert in something.

Cons

Growing this fast is always tough, but we're still managing to do it pretty gracefully in my experience.

Confluent2019-08-23
  2. "Great Internship Program and Full-time"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great internship program that convinced me to accept an offer to return for full-time. The technology and problems are interesting and challenging. The workplace environment is supportive and engaging.

Cons

Engineering documentation may be lacking in some areas, so it may be hard to learn about some of the systems on your own. However, this can easily be solved by asking around, since everyone is so supportive and approachable.

Confluent2019-10-02
  3. "High impact, fast moving engineering"

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- very strong engineering team - no divas; #oneteam spirit - freedom to pick what you want to work on - high impact on future roadmap for ICs

Cons

Hard to stay of on top of things...

Confluent2019-09-12
  4. "Hypergrowth startup with strong engineering team and great culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, plenty of employee benefits and perks, and an exciting, fast-paced environment. This company is growing at an insane rate so you'll have plenty to do and contribute. Jay is one of the best and most transparent CEOs I've ever worked for.

Cons

Hypergrowth means there are lots of new faces coming in every day, constantly growing and splitting teams.

Confluent2019-09-09
  5. "Building the future of event streaming"

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Visionary and highly trusted executive team * Smart engineering team—Learn lots about distributed systems and large scale cloud infrastructure * Fast growth means lots of opportunity for ownership

Cons

* Growing quite fast—the pace of change and need to adapt is not for everyone

Confluent2019-09-03
  6. "Awesome tech, awesome people."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working on the cutting edge of distributed systems with some of the best engineers I've ever worked with.

Cons

None come to mind! Wish I had joined sooner

Confluent2019-01-15

"Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Confluent as a company is really doing great and has some great leadership. The company itself is going really fast and to add to it they have an amazing work culture. For it size, it has reasonable benefits. Growth is great and all your perks are based on meritocracy.

Cons

Sometimes decision making could be hard because of the rate at which we are growing.

Confluent2018-09-27

"Great people, solid business"

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

- smart humble coworkers - strong engineering culture - great for remote work - strong sales and business model

Cons

- growing extremely fast, good chunk of time spent interviewing/onboarding

Confluent2018-09-12

"Fast-growth business, cool tech, and wicked smart coworkers"

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

- super fast growing company - wonderfully smart coworkers; smartest team I've ever worked with - extreme internally transparency, decisions written down, KPIs shared broadly - lots of opportunities for both mentoring and learning from others - very, very cool technology, both in the streaming data space and the cloud/saas space - upper management have very strong perspectives on our business strategy and share it freely, while using lots of data to course correct along the way. very much an engineering way of driving a company

Cons

- super fast growing company -- normal growing pains - we're moving from a pretty silo'd company to a very integrated one and the cross-team communications get overwhelming; and the speed of decision-making and engineering productivity have (temporarily?) taken a hit - so many new people constantly and everyone tries to be helpful. But with a lack of history it sometimes slows things down and we end up revisiting earlier approaches/going in circles a bit

Confluent2018-09-06

"Strong culture and pragmatic leadership"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Confluent full-time

Pros

The leadership understands the power of the technology well. Hiring practices are largely successful in finding people who get along well and match personality-wise. There's an open communication style and humility present in the leadership team which trickles down to the whole company in an effective way. The company is quick to take action when it's clear a direction isn't working as expected. People are encouraged to grow into roles.

Cons

The middle management is inexperienced which leads to some rough edges around internal processes (e.g. meetings can be inefficient and lack outcomes, cross team collaboration can be bumpy).

Confluent2018-01-26