Confluent "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor

Confluent Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

4.7
Pros
  • "Fast paced, high growth, positive work environment(in 10 reviews)

• "Fantastic oneteam spirit, it is the most supportive collective atmosphere of any company I have worked at(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a "con" per se, we are growing so fast the need to adapt to change is a must(in 8 reviews)

• "Typical (but manageable) growing pains(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Wonderful place to work if you're ready for awesomeness"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, humble, smart, fun coworkers. Huge opportunity for growth as Confluent is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Silicon Valley

Cons

If you're not ready for a fast paced, ever evolving environment and technology, may not be the best place for you

Confluent2019-09-13
  2. "Best Place to Work in Silicon Valley!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

High energy, fast-pace work environment, transparent leadership, positive attitude among colleagues, opportunities to build and grow in your career, and most importantly, dog-friendly office!

Cons

Fewer formal training programs than larger companies

Confluent2019-09-11
  3. "Hypergrowth startup with strong engineering team and great culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Backend in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, plenty of employee benefits and perks, and an exciting, fast-paced environment. This company is growing at an insane rate so you'll have plenty to do and contribute. Jay is one of the best and most transparent CEOs I've ever worked for.

Cons

Hypergrowth means there are lots of new faces coming in every day, constantly growing and splitting teams.

Confluent2019-09-09
  4. "Smart, humble, amazing results"

Current Employee - Sales in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Confluent has some of the brightest people on the planet as employees and developing solutions and strategy, the company treats customers and employees well, and is approachable. Lights out the best job I have had in a long career.

Cons

No cons for me - it is fast-paced and collaborative

Confluent2019-07-11

"The Confluent Rocketship is taking off, get on now!"

Current Employee - Sales Development in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Perks are outstanding and include: Caltrain pass or parking ( peers can give details on where to park hassle-free in Palo Alto or where to park hassle-free at Caltrain stations if you need!), free lunch every day including both catering and opportunities to expense at all of Palo Alto's awesome eateries, free coffee and espresso, tons of random in-house events like fresh donut cart, happy hours, snacks, massage chairs, an HSA, you get the point. -Confluent's offerings are really innovative, cutting-edge, and support a wide variety of industries. What the company is doing is really important work and we are doing something to modernize a lot of different companies and organizations. -Collaborative culture and open door policy. We have staff all hands twice per month, the company literally gathers all at once for a meeting held by Jay. C-level is open, transparent, and so human! They work alongside us instead of over us and are just so kind and funny. -You'll advance up the company ladder quickly. They promote from within and we are growing like crazy so the opportunities are about and teams are here to nurture your career development. -People who work here are so kind and fun. You will get mentoring on your career path and personal development. Not only that but since it's a small company, you can speak with members of many teams for this.. This is good for your career as well, since you can get to know how many teams work compared to at some big company or non-collaborative company where teams don't mingle over lunch.

Cons

This is a startup. Some teams are more swamped than others. The hours are long, and it's fast-paced and you need to be flexible about the day to day. With that being said, I look forward to coming to work every single day and I actually want to be there. It can actually be sad to see the weekend because you'll miss the team. I would rather put in 45+ hours here than at a mediocre company.

Confluent2018-12-01

"Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people and a truly transformational technology to work with. The culture is fast paced and very collaborative.

Cons

Not a "con" per se, we are growing so fast the need to adapt to change is a must. If you are not comfortable with a high rate of change due to incredible growth think carefully about joining.

Confluent2018-11-13

"Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at Confluent full-time

Pros

Everyone works together towards our mission. Fast pace, fast growing, awesome place to be

Cons

Definitely have to be willing to wear many different hats and have a start up mentality!

Confluent2018-08-10

"Transparent and Driven"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Confluent embodies the modern, transparent, open-source startup. It is fast-paced, collaborative, distributed, and the executive leadership is tuned into the needs of the modern engineer (since they are all modern engineers themselves) - The brand is super strong and sales are good. Competition is fierce in this space but being the company behind Kafka really helps - Above average compensation for a startup - The code quality is exceptional and the infrastructure and tooling are right up there with the best and continuously improving - Cutting-edge technology and ideas - Team members are all experienced in this space and willing to put in the work needed to get stuff done - Comfortable office in a great location (right next to the train station in Palo Alto) - Remote employees considered well - (sympathetic work-from-home days, all meetings and meeting rooms have video conferencing equipment, etc) - Product offering is very forward-thinking

Cons

- There are a lot of discussions about product direction that involve so many people (because of the aforementioned transparency) that it could be considered distracting. This is only a con if you're the type of person that would rather not be involved in higher-level strategy though - for someone who wants this it's just another positive. - Being so distributed plus growing so quickly means there are the occasional logistic problems here and there.

Confluent2017-10-10
  9. "Great company, people and culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture working with smart, humble people who are fully engaged and collaborative Fast paced, high growth, positive work environment Flexible working Friendly, transparent leadership Top class product which is highly regarded in the tech community

Cons

We're growing fast and still establishing some processes

Confluent2019-10-17
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fast paced and Challenging environment - Great experienced staff to work with - Product solves real business problems

Cons

- No Cons just yet.

Confluent2019-09-15