Confluent "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Confluent Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Oct 2, 2019

4.7
Pros
  • "Fast paced, high growth, positive work environment(in 10 reviews)

• "Fantastic oneteam spirit, it is the most supportive collective atmosphere of any company I have worked at(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a "con" per se, we are growing so fast the need to adapt to change is a must(in 8 reviews)

• "Typical (but manageable) growing pains(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Confluent has been one of the best experiences of my career. The highlight is the people – everyone is dedicated to building the best company they can and even though it's incredibly fast growth, I still enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Typical growing pains at a fast growing startup

Confluent2019-10-02
  2. "The best startup I've ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Confluent does a lot of things right. The executives and leadership team has done a great job of cultivating a culture that rewards those who work hard and go above and beyond. Most startups, really lack at this. This is the first place I've worked in my career where I feel appreciate, valued, and like I am really learning and growing at the rate I want. I love the people that I work with... seriously some of the smartest and humblest in the business!

Cons

As with any startup in hypergrowth mode, there are growing pains and there aren't perfect processes. But I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Confluent2019-10-01
  3. "Great company with amazing people and an even brighter future"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Positive team atmosphere and culture - Fun team and company events - Open communication/feedback throughout the company - Emphasis on professional and personal growth - Good space to develop experience and contribute welcomed improvement - Commuter benefits

Cons

- Typical (but manageable) growing pains

Confluent2019-09-17
  4. "Over a year and a half into my career at Confluent and still loving it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I joined the company at around 200 employees, I did not expect that we would have over quadrupled in size a year and a half later! As we grow, I'm so pleased to see the entire team’s focus shifting from our Bay Area HQ to also include our many offices and remote employees around the world. We are a truly global company, and majority of our employees do not work out of our [beautiful, new] HQ. As someone in an employee-facing role, I can attest to the fact that Confluent sticks to its creed of bringing on amazing employees to make up our #OneTeam. I’ve truly never felt more “at home” and on the same page with my coworkers than I do here. I’ve made connections that go beyond the walls of the workplace, and I believe they will withstand the test of time in both professional and personal contexts. I believe that Confluent is a rocket ship and a success story in the making and I'm so excited to be part of the journey.

Cons

Massive growth does not come without its growing pains. Confluent prioritizes bringing on amazing employees, but there is currently no ladder system to understand career trajectory and making that next step up a rung. In some ways, this is a benefit because you can write your own ticket, but in other ways, it can be frustrating to feel you’ve reached a ceiling without guidance on how to break through it.

Confluent2019-09-13
  5. "Great People, Great Purpose, Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each employee is expected to add to the culture, not conform to it. It's fun being part of a voice that's listened to in the industry and knowing that our work will dictate the direction of all industries across the next 25 years. Management listens! That's a first for me, and a welcome one. Plus, it comes with all the bells and whistles of a successful silicon valley startup.

Cons

Because the company has grown so fast, there are a fair share of growing pains. The bright side is that we roll with the punches and seek to expose those blind spots.

Confluent2019-09-11

"Fast-growth business, cool tech, and wicked smart coworkers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

- super fast growing company - wonderfully smart coworkers; smartest team I've ever worked with - extreme internally transparency, decisions written down, KPIs shared broadly - lots of opportunities for both mentoring and learning from others - very, very cool technology, both in the streaming data space and the cloud/saas space - upper management have very strong perspectives on our business strategy and share it freely, while using lots of data to course correct along the way. very much an engineering way of driving a company

Cons

- super fast growing company -- normal growing pains - we're moving from a pretty silo'd company to a very integrated one and the cross-team communications get overwhelming; and the speed of decision-making and engineering productivity have (temporarily?) taken a hit - so many new people constantly and everyone tries to be helpful. But with a lack of history it sometimes slows things down and we end up revisiting earlier approaches/going in circles a bit

Confluent2018-09-06

"Love working at Confluent!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Confluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Confluent makes it a priority to hire "amazing employees" (their own words) and they don't fall short in this regard - Wonderful company culture made stronger by weekly happy hours, monthly birthday celebrations, and other pop-up events (espresso bars, wedding showers, etc) - Flexible work schedule and unlimited PTO - Unlimited snacks and drinks as well as catered lunches Monday-Thursday and Friday - on Thursdays, we are encouraged to go out with colleagues and have lunch on Confluent's tab - Employer-paid health insurance - Confluent is a fast-growing startup with a positive business outlook - Confluent sees itself as #oneteam and senior management and individual contributors truly buy into the company's mission

Cons

- A company that doubles in size in the span of a year will always have its growing pains - A truly privileged problem - health insurance plans offered aren't the best (but it's free, so can't complain too much!)

Confluent2018-08-23
  8. "Exceptional place, so challenging and rewarding!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Confluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every employee is made to feel as though they are contributing to the exceptional growth of Confluent. We are all venturing on this Rocketship together. Every day I am challenged in a new way, and each succession I know I am becoming a better professional as well as a better person.

Cons

There are some growing pains as we look to scale processes. Some people will not flourish in this start-up environment, nor cope with the speed with which we are moving.

Confluent2019-09-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews