Conifer Health Solutions Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney
Stephen M. Mooney

Pros
  • I love everything; get to work from home; salary is awesome (in 19 reviews)

• My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Do not see upper Management much (in 26 reviews)

• There is a lack of communication with management (in 11 reviews)

1. "For the most part, it is a very laid back enjoyable place to work."

Current Employee - Physician Services Refund Analyst in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Physician Services Refund Analyst in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The work is easy and there is plenty of it in the refunds department. The managers and supervisors are wonderful. Opportunity for overtime is always available and they promote from within which is nice. Co workers are very friendly and always willing to help anyone that needs it. Very friendly environment.

Cons

They pay rate has never been comparable to other billing offices in the area. Some departments production numbers are very unrealistic and need to focus more on quality instead of quantity.

"Great Company to work with"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst II in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst II in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really like the position I am in because I feel that management does not micro manage. They give me room to breathe when it comes to getting my work done, and I feel that makes me more productive.

Cons

I feel that we do not have enough company events outside of work. There isn't a lot of employee camaraderie as the analytics team is small, and most people keep to themselves.

Advice to Management

The one thing I would like is more events where we are able to meet our co-workers outside of the work environment. That way it feels more friendly than just an eight to five job.

"Run away very fast"

Former Employee - Business Process Analyst in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Business Process Analyst in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some really great coworkers who actually care. the people themselves are innately good people, but some just don't rock the skills they need to perform in their technical roles. The insurance compared to other places is not bad, they offer tuition reimbursement, etc. I think the CEO has a good leadership vision but he has to realize you cant just "sell" something that hasn't been perfected into a well oiled machine. If the operations arent there to stand up a business offering YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS OFFERING YET. Why risk Conifer's reputation on a crappy client experience?

Cons

People in positions of power who don't know what they are doing and are in a position to have you create and tear down create and tear down create and tear down while they figure it out. Not worth your time and your talents.

If you like working on something 10 different times until your manager figures out their question you'll like it here. Be prepared for a workload that never stops because an ignorant mind is always missing something! Senior management is in a "gird your loins" state because of the client dissatisfaction that is pervasive and the incredible amounts of turnover. When I say incredible, I mean a TON of people who are escaping this madness. Clients won't put up with this tomfoolery for much longer.

"Ok company, poor management"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

In most roles, you have a lot of autonomy.

Cons

We lost 15 employees with 10+ years of service, due to verbal abuse from a member of management. This person has suffered no repercussions for her actions. I've never worked in a more unprofessional environment.

Advice to Management

When employees start to flee, and they tell you why, do something about it.

6. "to analyze EMR to be in compliance with Joint Commission and hospital standards"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They were fair to their employees, and benefits and bonuses

Cons

Leadership was not always available and lack of communication

Advice to Management

Leadership should know employee's by name, and not always pick the same ones for special projects and not belittle other staff members when you are well aware that there is favoritism going on within the department and they the leadership shows one side to Conifer and if you were to ask the employees no one would speak up due to retaliation by leadership by making it harder on the person who spoke up.

"The company is disorganized and does not treat its employees well."

Current Employee - Strategic Analyst in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Analyst in Encino, CA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth and career advancement with the company. Also, there is a fairly good work-home balance at Conifer.

Cons

Conifer is relatively unorganized and roles are not always clearly defined. Also, the pay tends to be a little substandard and the benefits are awful compared to other similar companies.

"Low Pay & Benefits, Terrible Management, and Don't use resources effectively."

Current Employee - Business Process Analyst in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Business Process Analyst in Frisco, TX

Pros

Conifer will continue to turnover employees because they have no tools in place to review current resources and allocate them appropriately. They are reactive to the economy and hire and layoff in cycles. I quit this job before hitting my second year because the lack of growth opportunities, lack of training and development, and low salary and benefits.

Cons

Conifer overall has a good product and will be successful in growing as a business.

"Out of touch management, no clear goals or objectives and low pay"

Current Employee - Business Process Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Process Analyst

Pros

Conifer Health Solutions has a quality product to offer its clients and the company has the potential to be successful.

Cons

The department managers, directors and senior leadership are completely out of touch with the staff. Leadership is unresponsive and immature which has caused extremely low team moral with no bottom in sight. Pay is low and benefits aren't much better. I believe that this company and department is nothing short of toxic.

Advice to Management

Listen to and respect your staff. Stick to your commitments. Learn how to identify and effectively respond to issues. Don't assume that you already know everything.