Want a Free Job Posting?

• Any Status
Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney
Stephen M. Mooney
1 Rating

• My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do (in 12 reviews)

• Great co-workers, In-house cafeteria, promotion from within (in 7 reviews)

Worst company that I have ever had the displeasure of working for.

Former Employee - A/R SUPERVISOR in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - A/R SUPERVISOR in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Very few pros of working from Conifer. I was transitioned from another company, and basically everything was worse with Conifer. The people I worked with and the people I supervised were great and good at what they did (they have all since been laid off).

Pay was substandard for the area and industry. Granted, our previous employer was a non-profit hospital, so most of us accepted the salaries, but once Conifer took over our revenue cycle operations, our salaries should have increased commiserate with what their other emplyees were making. Benefits were terrible. Highest premiums I have ever experienced and very high deductibles ($5000). You were better off not having insurance. You had to pay for your own benefits that are standard with other companies - such as short-term disability or AD&D. All leadership with the exception of our manager was remote and played very little involvement other than come to lie to us occasionally (they vehemently denied lay offs were coming up until the day they laid everyone off) or complain about how we weren't doing enough to bring in money, which had to do with issues beyond our control. Processes were constantly in flux and were never fully thought out. It was really all self-guided work flows. Advancement is nil unless you are in Frisco. Other departments that still exist (for now, they've begun outsourcing their work as well) are micromanaged beyond belief.

Advice to Management

Don't lay off employees who actually know how to do the work and then outsource the work to people who have no clue what they are doing, leaving the clients to pick up slack. Listen to your employees. Put in sensible processes that employees can actually follow.

Showing 1 of 243 review