Conifer Health Solutions Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney
Stephen M. Mooney

Pros
  • I love everything; get to work from home; salary is awesome (in 19 reviews)

• My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Do not see upper Management much (in 26 reviews)

• There is a lack of communication with management (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Patient Access Manager in Dickinson, ND
    Former Employee - Patient Access Manager in Dickinson, ND

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenges, Senior Leadership Support, Growth Opportunities, Benefits

Cons

HR Support for Personnel issues was sometimes hit or miss

Advice to Management

Keep making forward progress - I saw a LOT of improvement while employed here and it retained me at the end of the day!

"Conifer destroyed PHP"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. There are no pros to Conifer. This incompetence is costing many people their jobs and livelihood by 1/1/17. There are no pros at all.

Cons

Before you apply at Conifer, please know that Conifer has completely destroyed the Phoenix Health Plans organization. PHP has been part of the Phoenix community for more than 30 years but will be losing its Medicare business and Marketplace business on 1/1/17. There are many long term employees that will not have a job right at the 2016 Holiday season.

Advice to Management

Realize that your inability to run a health plan is costing many people their jobs and livelihood.

3. "Program Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bowie, MD

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, telecommuting is allowed.

Cons

Upper management is scared to present issues with clients, allowing the company to be at fault when it is clearly the clients problem.

"Overall experience"

Former Employee - Plan Manager (A/R Manager) in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Plan Manager (A/R Manager) in Frisco, TX

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, competitive salary, and bonus structure.

Cons

Executive leadership changes during growth of organization caused significant disruption to the organization. Lack of direction, hiring inexperienced directors to run established departments, overall deterioration of company infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Hire smart, listen to input of long term employees before more good employees leave.

"Production is more important than quality"

Current Employee - Clinical Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to get a monthly incentive bonus from $180-$350 a month. Flexible hours and you can work from home. Pay scale is ok to be at home.

Cons

Micromanaging and lack of communication from management. There is a push for production over quality and bonuses are almost impossible to attain. The health insurance is only beneficial for Tenet employees NOT Conifer employees in this area. There is "punishment" for not making the unrealistic production numbers.

Advice to Management

Happy employees will work harder than miserable ones.

"Nurse CM/ from home"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home making better money than at hospital.
    Great manager and great company benefits. Flexible hours and they work well with you on schedule. Job is pretty easy yet stimulating.

Cons

IT is not the best. No local tenant hospitals in my region so no free healthcare😕. The equipment is Dell. Honestly, I don't feel like the Cons are really Cons, but just typical corporate stuff.

Advice to Management

I'm too new to company to provide advice.

8. "Follow up"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, Friendly staff and management, flexible and understanding, Fair expectations

Cons

break rooms and need additional bathroom

"RN Case Manager/Personal Nurse (Telecommute)"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager/Personal Nurse Telecommute
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager/Personal Nurse Telecommute

Pros

Work from home. I can't think of anything else.

Cons

Beware, It's telemarketing!!! You are required to "bill" 7.5 hours a day (impossible to do unless you work 12 or lie)
    After a few months the "sales pressure" begins, you have to solicit your own case load via phone.
    There is a quota for case load, billable time per day, and cost savings!
    You have to find your own resources to help your "participants" Education material comes from google searches, cut and paste.
    The bottom line is how much you bill daily and cost savings
    They are constantly hiring nurses because no one stays once they figure out what the job is all about (it takes about 3 months before they reveal it all).
    Training is a joke!

Advice to Management

A nurse is someone who advocates and cares for their patient. The model you are working under is not about patient care or advocacy. Shame on you!

"Gave me my life back"

Current Employee - Manager in McKinney, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in McKinney, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Excellent leadership
    -Excellent home/work balance
    Before coming to Conifer I was a bit of a workaholic...okay so maybe I still am, but at least here at Conifer that choice is mine to make instead of being forced to work 60+ hours like in previous positions. There are a lot of benefits to team members, there is a health clinic for staff onsite, Internet cafes, Starbucks onsite- all of the bells and whistles. Leadership has an open door policy to discuss any issues that you may have. Change may happen slowly as there are lots of people that have to sign off on things but it does happen. Conifer is also great about giving back to the community, habitat for humanity, heart walk, relay for life, street cleans, coats for kiddos in need. Is Conifer perfect no, but as a rapidly growing company that has success as a top priority I am excited to be on the team!

Cons

Heath benefits are not great, especially being that we are a healthcare company. I think that conifer is making the effort though to improve this. The Conifer Health clinic was a new addition this year in July.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your leads, supervisors and managers. These people will be the future of Conifer so commit to them and their growth. Help mentor them so they can be great leaders. Would love to see more executives interact with the general population at Conifer. Steve is excellent at coming down and eating occasionally in the cafe, I know everyone is extremely busy but it would be nice on occasion.

11. "Great company"

Former Employee - MECS Supervising Manager in Mount Washington, KY
    Former Employee - MECS Supervising Manager in Mount Washington, KY

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly employee friendly, wonderful work environment in the client facilities. Decent pay for services asked.

Cons

HR works behind the scenes without talking to employees. Upper management makes some vague requests and do not clarify when asked.