Conifer Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney
Stephen M. Mooney

Pros
  • I love everything; get to work from home; salary is awesome (in 19 reviews)

• My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Do not see upper Management much (in 26 reviews)

• There is a lack of communication with management (in 11 reviews)

1. "Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work environment and great coworkers.

Cons

Not enough real opportunities to grow.

Advice to Management

Quality is more important than numbers for continuity in time.

2. "Business Analyst"

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Reasonable structure
    Growth opportunities internally

Cons

Lack of consistent direction
    You feel pulled in many different directions

Advice to Management

Spend less time being glorified analysts and more time managing the actual people

3. "Patient Accounts Representative"

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small office, nice people, Manager open door policy

Cons

Too clique-y, favoritism, my manager tended to be somewhat condescending.

Advice to Management

Loosen up. Office is way too quiet. Let the different teams communicate. V it will help tremendously with everyone being on the same page. SAME TEAM WORKING TOWARD SAME GOAL

"A/R Collections"

Former Employee - A/R Collections, Insurance Follow Up in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - A/R Collections, Insurance Follow Up in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My co-workers were the best! The Tacoma office is like a big family and 90% of the people there will have your back, at least everyone up to the management level

Cons

Conifer treats its employees horribly and they asked me to participate in some shady billing practices.There is very little room for growth in the Washington office.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing all of your business office operations and treat these employees like they are human beings. The almighty dollar shouldnt be a reason to be so cut throat

"Patient Access Rep"

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Rowlett, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Rowlett, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My coworkers and my hours

Cons

Everything else. Management is a joke and forgets where they came from. They give all the good employees the work that no one else will do because they know they will do it and don't hold the bad ones accountable. They change your job description 100 times to suit them so they can do less work. I don't really blame Conifer as a company for being bad, just the management at this location.

Advice to Management

Quit. Stop the favoritism and hold employees accountable

"Conifer"

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, relaxed

Cons

Compensation, working some holidays

Advice to Management

Involve team members in more changes

"Management is horrendous and supervisors are high end babysitters"

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Conworkers. Bonus'. Overtime. Flex work time.

Cons

Management. Supervisors. HR. Favoritism.

Advice to Management

Learn to promote people whom demonstrate quality work efforts and not ones who just slide by doing the bare minimum. Learn to create a fair and equal work environment and stop playing favorites, or sitting around gossiping about others in and around your departments. Grow up, the work force isn't highschool. Learn how to be professional!

"AR REP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and the learning you get there

Cons

to much turn overs

Advice to Management

have ppl that are trained in the right spoits

"Patient account rep"

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The job is rewarding if your looking to please yourself. The oppotrunity of working there has definately been the reason my resume was always at the top for interviews.

Cons

The high demand of keeping up productivity and the lowest paid wages for the type of work is not anywhere close to market salaries. Promises of high quaterly bonus which I had never seen many over 125.00 to only monthly bonus if quota is met was usually about 50 dollars if you were lucky. They constantly changed rules and processes escpecially towards the end of the fiscal year was ridiculous only to be changed back once quota for the contracted company(in this case CHI) was either met or no chance of being met. Keeping up with all the changes monthly was absolutely ridiculous to keep up with. If you enjoy feeling like your cooking the books than go for it. If you have morals and integrity this is not the job for you. If you upset one supervisor regardless if its yours you can kiss your job goodbye regardless of being one of the best most knowlegeable employee. If you do something great and feel good about it dont bother announcing it. You will be told its your job and "thank you" does not happen. Patient care and feedback means nothing. Its all about the money. Management turnover was embarrasing and i had 3 supervisors and 4 managers in less than a year. Not to mention the times i went without. I would never work for this company nor would I recommend to my worst nightmare. You will always be a number.

Advice to Management

Uplift the employees doing hard work and dont allow people to do a continuous bad job because you have a warm body at a desk. Having bad employees mixed with good brings down moral. Higher people with a background with atleast some type of medical experience and make training an easier more adaptable process. Temps are trained by different people with different approaches and it confuses the trainee especially when they use a technique someone else told them. Teaining gets done by supervisors and team leads as well as by others that dont even know the whole picture of how the Rev Cycle even works.

11. "Worst company ever!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The commute
    There are some decent people here. I've made a few lifelong friends.

Cons

If you want to lose any marketable skills that you've attained, this is the place to work!

Company grew too fast. Unreasonable workload, not enough staff. They deliver crap to clients with their unstable proprietary system. Over promising and under delivering is the only constant. They reorganize about 1x/yr, if not more. Management has no idea how to manage... I mean what do you expect when they promote kids straight out of college and IT people that have no social skills?Everything is an emergency, so get ready to drop the 100 tasks you've been assigned to only work on some other crap that's broken. No accountability. Very political. Don't bother complaining to mgmt about anything, they'll just ignore you. Culture is terrible. You get treated like a child - they'll monitor your coming/going, lunches, etc. Most mgmt are condescending and abusive. Sr. leadership is clueless. They're a part of the problem. These ppl came from Tenet and are running this company into the ground.

HR is a joke. They have no idea what they're doing... from the benefits team to the business partners.

You can talk to anyone - even HR, PMO, Analytics, Marketing, IS... any honest employees in any of those depts. will tell you how ridiculous this place is.
    The café sucks... you'll get diarrhea eating the garbage they put out.

Advice to Management

Do everyone a favor and just sell Conifer.You people have not the slightest clue what you're doing. Are you delivering software or a service (HRCM)? Ever think of hiring industry leaders in Revenue Cycle - and not all of Tenet's old business office employees? Has it ever crossed your mind to pay people market rate? Get a clue!