Conifer Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney
Stephen M. Mooney

Pros
  • I love everything; get to work from home; salary is awesome (in 20 reviews)

• My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Do not see upper Management much (in 27 reviews)

• There is a lack of communication with management (in 11 reviews)

"Great place to work but deductible is too high for healthcare."

Current Employee - Coder in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Coder in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedule, plenty of opportunities for growth, paid CEU's... No complaints. I telecommute and have an awesome work-life balance.

Cons

High deductible healthcare plan - wish it would be competitive with industry: $2500 is very high; most healthcare agency deductible is below $1,000.

Advice to Management

None

"I love working here."

Current Employee - Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is amazing. You get to work from home and maintain a family life, the schedules are beyond flexible and they let you create almost any type of schedule you want 24/7, the staff is great to work with, very friendly and so is management, monthly incentive bonuses for doing your job!! . . opportunities for overtime, and it's so great working in a place that is growing like crazy.

Cons

The training is tough and they do hold you to high quality standards, sometimes they are adding so much staff that you lose track of the names, sometimes understaffed because they are having a hard time hiring fast enough to keep up with the growth.

Advice to Management

I don't know what the other reviewer was talking about. I joined here in October 2013 and it has been great. For all the reasons above . . and more. There are opportunities for advancement and the management team is available 24/7 to help anyone who needs it. The team leaders are extremely hands on and the manager is available by phone any time of day or night if you have a question..... where else can you do that? I have referred several former co-workers and friends from nursing school and they are all so happy they joined up. Any time I need to flex my schedule or need a day off, my supervisor works with me or helps me get a trade with someone. I really couldn't ask for a better place to work that suits my life right now. My kids and my dogs are happy to have me home so much as well. I plan on staying here as long as they'll have me.

"Excellent Company to work for."

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Provides excellent training. If you work for them, you are one of the best in the Revenue Cycle Business. Many opportunities to learn and advance.

Cons

Benefits are not good. Health benefits are not good and vacation time could be better. Not many perks for employees.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your employees, expand your benefits.

"Best company I've ever worked for!!"

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing leadership!! Great opportunities!! Awesome work life balance!! Close to home!! I would highly recommend Conifer! The outlook for this company looks amazing! I definitely joined at the right time

Cons

I honestly haven't found anything that I can deem to be negative about working here. Management makes themselves visible to employees and genuinely cares about employees! The President/CEO is often found in the lunchroom conversing and laughing with employees!

"Best Employer So Far"

Current Employee - CDM Supervisor in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - CDM Supervisor in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Conifer Health Solutions offers great benefits from healthcare coverage to tuition reimbursement. Their leadership is great about communicating expectations and goals, as well as any updates about the company. They have plenty of advancement opportunities ad they put their leadership through annual training to ensure management is adhering to company policies and communicating with employees appropriately.

Cons

I work remotely so it is difficult for me to describe any negative about the company. I can only say that I wish I had more opportunities to meet with other Conifer employees face to face, but that is just one of the downsides to working remotely out of the area.

Advice to Management

I love my management, as they have provided ample opportunity for me to advance my career within the organization. The combination between management and HR is also great!

7. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would recommend Conifer Health Solutions to everyone seeking employment. Conifer is a Trendsetter in the Healthcare Industry ! The Conifer workforce is incredible and I am humbled to be part of this team.The core values are the heartbeat of this company .The unity of the employees in dynamic. Every single employee I have come in contact with has been friendly and motivational.This company has team work down to a science. Working at Conifer is a breath of fresh air on a hot Texas day ! Come join us!

Cons

There is nothing NEGATIVE about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "to analyze EMR to be in compliance with Joint Commission and hospital standards"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They were fair to their employees, and benefits and bonuses

Cons

Leadership was not always available and lack of communication

Advice to Management

Leadership should know employee's by name, and not always pick the same ones for special projects and not belittle other staff members when you are well aware that there is favoritism going on within the department and they the leadership shows one side to Conifer and if you were to ask the employees no one would speak up due to retaliation by leadership by making it harder on the person who spoke up.

9. "Really enjoy working here"

Pros

Pay is more than fair for what I do. I love my team and my supervisor. Everyone here is so nice and easy to talk to. I enjoy my job and I get to do a lot of different things so I don't get bored. Hours are pretty flexible and the even upper mgmt. has gone out of their way to talk with me and introduce themselves. I believe many people here genuinely do like it.

Cons

There are many disgruntled reviewers, but there aren't any dealbreaker cons for me at the moment. I think leader communication needs work. This company is young as a whole and growing very rapidly, so there are definitely growing pains when it comes to communication.

Advice to Management

Focus on communication clearly with your supervisors and their employees. More leader messages, memos, etc. to keep everybody informed.

"Professional company with great culture and fun people!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a real team environment - everyone is willing to help each other out whenever necessary. Laughter is something heard daily so it's hard not to enjoy the work. Direct management is very knowledgeable and hardworking, which has a trickle down effect. With a smaller marketing team, there is always work to be done, in various areas, so opportunities for growth and learning are plentiful.

Conifer encourages healthy habits: there are usually healthy options in the cafeteria, plus a salad bar every day. Covered parking is nice.
    Oh, and Starbucks.

Cons

Benefits aren't particularly great for a healthcare company, unless you use Tenet providers. The free coffee isn't the best I've ever had... but that's why there's a Starbucks.

Advice to Management

Be more open, especially with creative projects, and allow everyone to give their input; these can be great learning opportunities.

Conifer Health Solutions Response

Mar 20, 2015 – Senior Director, Communications

Thank you for your positive feedback. As we continue to bring transparency to our organization, your input helps Conifer improve this effort.

"HIM Specialist Team Leader"

Current Employee - RHIT, HIM Specialist in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - RHIT, HIM Specialist in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working for Conifer Health Solution, they offer room to grow, and working in a team environment help prepare me for the future with Conifer.

Cons

I don't have any negative experience.

Advice to Management

Giving a person a career opportunity who works hard needs to be recognized more often.