Conn's Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Norm Miller

Pros
  • if you could sale you would make a lot of money (in 15 reviews)

• If you are good at sales and adopt the program, you can make a LOT of money (in 14 reviews)

1. "Conn's"

I have been working at Conn's full-time

Pros

have great chance of bonus and friendly environment

Cons

i cant think of any

2. "Management at Conn's"

Pros

The company's compensation is potentially lucrative

Cons

The expectations are nearly unobtainable on a consistent basis.

3. "Job Experience"

I have been working at Conn's full-time

Pros

Very good work culture, amazing management and very supportive.

Cons

Could be better on infrastructure

5. "No life"

I have been working at Conn's full-time

Pros

Working and meeting new people is great

Cons

PRD,and fpd these are some of the things to look out for,make sure your contracts or good if not you loose your commision, customer don't pay their first payment,you loose your commision, don't make your quote , they send you too low performance training,it's always something to take your money

Advice to Management

People work hard for their money,you give the credit why should an employee loose their commision if a person doesn't pay their bills,why should an employee ,be pay roll deducted from a customer merchandise,you loose good sales associate behind senseless things

6. "good compnay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Conn's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours...good pay...able to move up.

Cons

Bad upper management from corporate.

7. "An okay place to work; however, very little time away from work."

Current Employee - Sales Counselor
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor

I have been working at Conn's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Capability to let one make an unlimited income. Generally a good place to hone in some salesman skills so that one can transition to a better sales job.

Cons

Very poor work life balance. Unfortunately changes are being made company wide as the CEO and the rest of the top brass of the company transiting in and out of the company are causing ripples throughout. Too many changes to the sales payout structure and the finicning of Conn’s credit customers cause a hardening strain on the sales force.

Advice to Management

Lessen the burden in your sales team and help the succeed in generating revenue. A great example would be to decide what Conn's identity truly is, (an furniture store or is it an appliance and electronics store with some extras). Until the is is figured out there will be continuous issues with inventory and product selection for customers.
    Also, listen to the customs and their concerns, the bottom line is not the most important factor if people refuse to show here.
    Lastly, the ever changing credit restrictions need a serious hall over. Not all markets are the same and they shouldn't be treated as such. Allow the mature markets to maintain their level of purchasing power and be more strict on newer markets and allow the reputation to build in on its self.

Keep up the good work in training and product knowledge. It is a great way to keep employees interested.

8. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Thornton, CO

Pros

The managers of the Conn's Home Plus store in Thornton, Colorado - Nicole Gonsalez and Paul Camden - are devoted, amazing, highly educated persons, who are extremely helpful both for customers and coworkers. All the sales associates are professional and very nice. A great store to work

Cons

Benefits after 90 days; I don't know what else. Actually I will know after 1 year

Advice to Management

I would be really happy to have a couple of yoga mats and a couple of fit balls in our break room - they are perfect for stretching and some other exercises that can be done within a break.. thank you

9. "Falling Apart"

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Conn's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Good chance for sales to make money. Hours are good for retail. Best training available I have seen in the industry if your manager knows how to train. I had a great GM and learned a lot, not many stores had this advantage.

Cons

Poor upper management since Theo left there is no leadership, which you can easily see by reviewing company news and stocks. All of the real leaders left the company. This is what happens when you promote based on sales numbers only, great sales people are not always great managers. Brought in outside consulting company for a few months wasting thousands of dollars. It saddens me to see a potentially great company driven blindly into the ground. Corporate, warehouse, and stores all work against each other instead of as a team. Management up to DM are held accountable for business operations, but have very limited to no control. When you leave the company they do not pay your last check. I knew this from previously employees that left so I set up to leave on a day where I would get the best money and I was glad I did. They didn't pay my last check either.

Advice to Management

Build a team environment where everyone is working together. Promote leaders to management not sales people who are unable to lead or train. Pay people for the work they do, stop stealing from employees that leave. Replace the CEO and restructure top management and run Theo's processes. If you keep doing what your doing, your going to lose money for your shareholders and investors. You lost some great people in upper management, learn from that before it is to late.

10. "Stay away for your own health"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Conn's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good checks around holiday time.

Cons

Management from top to bottom is corrupt. You are encouraged to use unethical practices and punished if you refuse to. I have heard managers make racist and sexist remarks against customers and employees. After working there a couple years, management will push veterans out to make room for rookies who tend to be gone by the half year mark. The veterans left have to spend a good portion of their time training the rookies for free, because management won't/can't because they are new as well. Store and district managers are lucky to last a year. Sales people are lucky to last half a year.

Advice to Management

Wipe everyone out and start over, or you will continue to have a swinging door of employees. I won't be surprised if the company goes down in the next decade.

11. "Technician"

I worked at Conn's full-time

Pros

Lots of Job, somehow job security

Cons

It's all about numbers, employees doesn't count as persons, difficult to take vacations, worked over 12 hours a day, making slary value going down

Advice to Management

Review customer satisfaction system and return to the system to give employees the real value.