KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Connect DFW

Is this your company?

Connect DFW

Add a Review

Connect DFW Employee Reviews about "door to door"

Updated Aug 27, 2018

Found 29 of over 105 reviews

2.9
Connect DFW President Rachel O'Hara (no image)
Rachel O'Hara
Pros
  • "Business to business is on the entry level side and working events and helping companies achieve solutions to reward their employees is what I do now(in 5 reviews)

• "I was excited about having a "fast paced marketing job with room to grow," but that was all false advertisement(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "At 9 am you would drive out in groups of two or three to a section you were designated to do door to door sales(in 26 reviews)

• "Don't tell you that you will be a door to door sales person(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Advertising

What career advice would you give your 30-year-old self? 😇

3,001

251 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "door to door"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Freelancer, more than 1 year

Great Company, Great People, Great Model In This World We Are Living In

Jun 9, 2017 - Freelancer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I do not want to remain anonymous, this is Owen Taylor. Personal development, as well as team atmosphere are big pluses. To add to that, the coaching according to personality types (if one is coachable), there are many opportunities with this company. Atmosphere is a huge plus, especially with the world that we currently live in today. However, if this is for you and your timing lines up, then go for it especially if you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Take your Marca Accetta Personality Color testing, it is only going to help you in the future, regardless of what you end up doing.

Cons

See the pros first. The coaching that you may get may seem harsh at first, however each person is coached a different way yielding the same result. Next, see the pros first...if door to door sales is not for you, this is a great opportunity but this may not be for you. See the pros first, if you are a natural perfectionist there are some coaching opportunities if you do have the time for them. And finally, see the pros first....if your mindset is always negative, prepare to learn about posinegs very quickly, or seek the "pros" elsewhere. I wish I would have found ConnectDFW much sooner, otherwise I would have been a bit more conditioned to go towards the long haul.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0

Client Representative

Jul 28, 2015 - Client Representative in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I only found a couple pros working for this company. The people I worked with were very fun and energetic and it really provided a great atmosphere. The only other pro I found is that it advances your communication skills. If you lack personal communication skills you will definitely improve by working here.

Cons

Where do I begin... First off you work 7:30-5:30 every Monday-Friday and 9-5 (if you're lucky) on Saturday. You make no base salary, strictly commission which isn't even that much (about 8 bucks per sale) so to make any decent money you have to try and sell your butt off every day to make it worth while. This is basically a "door to door" salesperson position, don't let them try to sugarcoat it and make it sound like you will be in this prestigious role. You wear business professional attire and walk around pre selected areas basically soliciting businesses in the Texas heat. If you don't make many sales you almost lose money by spending it on gas, lunch, and dry cleaning you need after sweating in your nice outfits. The only way to make money is by staying in this position for at least a year or more and HOPEFULLY moving your way up into the Assistant Director position, but accomplishing this is another tough task because you have to have a certain amount of salespeople also do good below you as a leader of a team. All in all, the long hours, walking, low pay and no transparency in the company make this a very hard job that most people cannot do. They have a very high turnover rate and it seems somewhat like a pyramid scheme.

7 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Thank you for your positive feedback on our company culture as well as our ability to enhance every day skills. It appears you were able to better your communication skills with our company and that is the purpose of our detailed training. We too agree that the energy in the office is a positive and a working one and we plan to continue these efforts every day. You had mentioned that our business operates similar to a scheme. We are sorry to hear this as this is not the intention of our training program. At no expense from the team member we invest a great deal of time into each associate training them on every day skills as well as best practices for future business leaders. It is our intent and mission as a company to build people up so that they may one day be confident and successful business leaders. As you've indicated that your communication skills have improved it seems as though we were able to benefit from our company mold. Thank you for your time spent at Connect DFW and we wish you luck in our job search.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The raw truth

Jul 20, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Experience -Great People -Growth opportunities -Management opportunities -Futuristic outcomes You will make amazing friendships, they look out for you and treat you like family. You will get your work experience, and if you stick around for all the grunt work, you will eventually get to move up to an inside office position maybe even start your own business! IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND WANT TO START A CAREER WITHOUT ANY SECONDARY EDUCATION, THIS IS YOUR PLACE! IT WILL TEACH YOU AND TRAIN AND GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BE ON YOUR OWN IN THE REAL WORLD. IF YOU CARE ABOUT LONG TERM GOALS THIS IS FOR YOU! Dont bother with this if you are just trying to pay bills and make ends meet for now. You will be broke if you don't have another job or something to back you up. This is meant for people who want a wealthy future.

Cons

-Door to door -Strictly Commission based -Lots of driving around places -No health benefits -No benefits of any sort What they don't tell you during the interview, is that THIS IS AN OUTDOOR DOOR TO DOOR SALES BUSINESS! They really do a good job of making you think this is some professional corporate job which in a way it is, but only if you're the assistant director, receptionist, director or administrators. You will not see your money until you move up to one of those positions. You will be driving anywhere between 10-50 miles just to get to the places, you do get like .20-.50 back for each mile. You will be out under the sun in the heat going door to door. So if that's something your comfortable with then great. You will be walking around a LOT obviously. Talking to people trying to convince them to buy whatever you're selling. Most of the things you sale are usually $40 sometimes $50 you get about a 20% commission which only comes down to $8.20 so if you sale 10 you will make $82 a day so that's like $10 an hour. Thats if you can even sale 10 in 8 hours if you sale more then thats beneficial for you! But if you don't then...well its a loss. The best way to get sales is if you are familiar with the area or know people personally that may be interested in the product, thats how I made most of my money. So in order to live somewhat comfortably at least try to sale 10 of $40-50 packages or more. You might just be better off working some retail or fast food that guarantees you hourly pay and gives you benefits. Bottom line: IF YOU DONT LIKE BEING OUTSIDE IN THE HEAT, IF YOU DONT LIKE TALKING TO PEOPLE, AND YOU DONT LIKE DRIVING AROUND FAR AWAY PLACES, IF YOU GET UPSET THAT YOU DONT GET PAID HOURLY WITH NO BENEFITS, AND YOU'RE STRICTLY RELYING ON THIS JOB TO PAY YOUR BILLS THEN THIS JOB IS NOT MEANT FOR YOU!

13 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Thank you for your feedback regarding our growth opportunities as well as our positive management and team culture. We are happy to hear of your satisfied experience with our company. You are correct in that this is an entry-level position with the criteria of such a position. We offer these positions as a way to introduce candidates to the working world by giving them the proper training to enhance their skills in public speaking, sales, and management. The position is not for everyone, as such we understand when someone leaves our company in efforts to pursue other options. Thank you for your time with Connect DFW and we appreciate your feedback.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lies about what the position actually is.

Mar 28, 2017 - Entry Level in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I literally cannot think of any. I was excited about having a "fast paced marketing job with room to grow," but that was all false advertisement.

Cons

1. They lie about the position you are interviewing for. Everyone starts at entry-level sales, which is fine....if you actually got paid decent money for it. They try to trick you with their high energy and spitting potential salaries at you, when it's completely inaccurate. 2. Door to door, business to business sales. You spend 7 hours of the day (after 3 hours worth of meetings) driving around a certain mile radius and walking up to random people/businesses to sell your pitch. 3. No gas reimbursement, no benefits at all (besides a gym in the office). 4. There are 3 different payment plans. The middle option I chose offered me $200 A WEEK. If that's not ridiculous, I don't know what is. Don't waste your time here. Turnover is high and they have interviews for the same position EVERY WEEK. This means that they're really losing that many people every week that they constantly need new employees.

8 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0

Challenging but rewarding

Mar 10, 2014 - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with the Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Stars and other top clients. It is a fun job with a great atmosphere. If you are good at sales this job is for you.

Cons

You work 10-12 hour days including Saturdays. You are on your feet all day. It is door to door cold calling businesses. No benefits.

17 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Contractor

Look Again.

Feb 11, 2016 - Anonymous in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is nice, got a free cup of coffee out of the deal too! The people here are extremely convincing. Rachel O'Hara definitely has some talent in that office, or Cary, or whomever is actually running things. These guys are smooth talkers, and bless them for climbing the ladder (however they did it is beyond me).

Cons

Their office (in Irving) looks like it got thrown together in about 1hr. There are pictures of Major League Baseball players, NASCAR drivers, NFL stars, etc. all over their walls - and this is their main hook. HOWEVER..You wont be working with any sports stars, trust me. You also won't get paid for at least 3 weeks, should you decide to go forward with this job. My main complaint is that this is not a marketing company, it is a door-to-door sales company. My other main complaint is that this is obviously a pyramid scheme - you just don't have to (literally) buy into it like Vector's CutCo scheme.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Entrepreneurial Company with Exponential Opportunities

Apr 12, 2017 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I genuinely love coming to work everyday. The atmosphere is why i chose this company and the people are truly some of the best people i know. I didn't know this was a Door to Door entry level, but it has honestly helped me in so many areas of my life both professionally and personally. I met a lot of connections through this type of position and I saw a kid get promoted within 5 months of being hired.

Cons

You have to have tough skin and a crazy work ethic. You also have to have a vision for your life in the future. Without goals and the right attitude you will not succeed at this job.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cardio & Sales

Jul 20, 2016 - Brand Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Develop the confidence to approach just about anyone. Your legs will acquire endurance of a track star! Amazing right?! Wearing a fitness bracelet will tell you how many calories you are burning and miles you are walking, which you would be VERY happy with by the end of the day if you're trying to shed a few pounds!

Cons

You walk all day no matter what the weather is, rain, ice wind, 100 degrees, it doesn't matter. No base pay, 100 % commission. If you don't sell any ticket packages, you don't make any money. They lie and tell you they represent the Dallas Mavericks and the Texas Rangers, very misleading. You have to go door to door, every door, even if it says no soliciting. You also have to solicit in very bad areas. They give you a map and highlight the ares you have to work. No reimbursement for gas, no benefits, no base pay. They lie about how you can move up in the company and they make you lie to new interviews. This company is a complete joke. Don't even know how it is legal.

8 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

It's a trap!

Jul 23, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

They keep the atmosphere very light and friendly. This may just be a facade because of the high turnover rate.

Cons

Where to begin... First off they promised base plus commission. That was not true. Throughout the interview process I was given a vague answer regarding any potential benefits. Finally, after I was hired, I was told there were no benefits. The "optional" Saturdays are as "optional" as Saturday morning film sessions in high school football. Their brand of "marketing" is going door to door to peddle ticket packages that some company has given them. They are given the marketing plan to execute, they make no marketing plans of their own, unlike what I was told in my interviews. Also, after a bad day all around, the boss lady reemed out everyone saying, "monkeys in suits could do the job better than we did". That was my breaking point. Hire your monkeys, this job is not worth it.

12 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Thank you for your feedback about your experience with Connect DFW. We strive to always act in the best interest of both our clients and our team members. It is our main objective to provide competitive career opportunities to all team members to help them grow in their individual careers. We also offer various compensation plans that are based on several factors determined during the initial hiring process. We appreciate your feedback and will take this into consideration when making improvements to our company. Please feel free to contact us at info@connectdfw.com with any additional comments or concerns.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee

Needs to protect the safety of their employees while on the job.

Mar 5, 2015 - Door to Door Sales in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros of this company.

Cons

I was bit by a dog while trying to make a door to door sale. The supervisor with me did not take me to the ER or Urgent Care Center; just to the drug store to get some ointment. We then proceeded to walk door to door for 3 more hours! I can't believe that a company would care so little about an employee's safety that the supervisor would not take an employee to the ER or Urgent Care Center after the employee was bitten by a dog while on a door to door sales call!

11 people found this review helpful

CEO/PRESIDENT

Connect DFW strives to provide a safe work environment with multiple opportunities to all that join our team. It is our intention to always act in the best interest of our team members. We understand this situation as a rare occurrence as it has never happened before. Unfortunately, in our line of work there are multiple variables that are not within our control. All measures were taken as accordance to our standard protocol including, immediate care, workers comp, and consistent communication with the associate. We are sorry to hear of your experience and have taken additional measures to ensure this does not happen again. Please feel free to contact us at info@connectdfw.com with any additional comments or concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews