KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Connect DFW

Is this your company?

Connect DFW

Add a Review

Connect DFW Employee Reviews about "entry level"

Updated May 15, 2017

Found 5 of over 105 reviews

2.9
Connect DFW President Rachel O'Hara (no image)
Rachel O'Hara
Pros
  • "Business to business is on the entry level side and working events and helping companies achieve solutions to reward their employees is what I do now(in 5 reviews)

• "I was excited about having a "fast paced marketing job with room to grow," but that was all false advertisement(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "At 9 am you would drive out in groups of two or three to a section you were designated to do door to door sales(in 26 reviews)

• "Don't tell you that you will be a door to door sales person(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Advertising

What career advice would you give your 30-year-old self? 😇

3,000

251 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "entry level"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Entrepreneurial Company with Exponential Opportunities

Apr 12, 2017 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I genuinely love coming to work everyday. The atmosphere is why i chose this company and the people are truly some of the best people i know. I didn't know this was a Door to Door entry level, but it has honestly helped me in so many areas of my life both professionally and personally. I met a lot of connections through this type of position and I saw a kid get promoted within 5 months of being hired.

Cons

You have to have tough skin and a crazy work ethic. You also have to have a vision for your life in the future. Without goals and the right attitude you will not succeed at this job.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Grateful for experience and education

Aug 5, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company now for 3 years and love what I do. We have awesome clients and represent them a variety of ways. Business to business is on the entry level side and working events and helping companies achieve solutions to reward their employees is what I do now. I remember being nervous in the beginning about learning business to business sales and the inconsistency that can come in the industry. I can honestly say that I didn't experience any of the inconsistencies that I had worried about. The money I make is great and was even in the entry level. Moreover, the compassion that my leaders had toward making sure I was doing well was even better. The management training program has very customizable for me, so after the initial field work for a few months, today I manage about 60 companies in DFW where we host events for their employees. The culture is awesome. We do a ton of team events, get to attend games and there are great travel opportunities as well. There are weekly bonuses for all kinds of different things and the management on both the sports & entertainment side and telecommunications division work hand in hand to ensure success of all of their people.

Cons

No Fluff. I have weeks where I put in 60 hours. It does start off business to business. Some people are just not interested in that. I learned that it was necessary to my growth in the company, as well as its a very effective method of advertising for our clients.

5 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing, Sales, and Event Planning

May 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with Connect DFW for almost a year and been able to witness some amazing things. Our company expanded to two new states and I witnessed someone start an entry level position with us and within less than six months, she was promoted to management. I have seen huge clients like the Texas Rangers and Dallas Mavericks depend on our services to help increase revenue for them and watched them benefit tremendously from Connect DFW. Most importantly, I have seen myself be pushed out of my comfort zone to accomplish goals I never thought I would. I have been able to travel to other states and speak with some of the most amazing people, who genuinely care about my future and want to network with me weekly to help me maintain my goals in order to grow with Connect DFW. Yes, sometimes you have to be willing to do the grunt work for the business, but tell me what owner of a business didn't roll their sleeves up to become successful?

Cons

None of this is easy! Forcing yourself out of your comfort zone is a must with this company. You have to have the mentality that setting goals for yourself is a standard and not an option. You must be willing to go the extra mile to get ahead or you will watch people pass you by, and that is never a good feeling. It can be a bit overwhelming, especially to someone who is just starting their career, but honestly you learn to push yourself in ways you never thought you could. I know that isn't much of a "con" but hard work isn't for everyone.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A job that teaches you EVERYTHING about business

Mar 7, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Graduated college and thought I learned what I could in regards to business. Starting from entry level and working my way into management I was able to put my education into action and more. I learned the ins and outs of finance, leadership, office duties, sales and marketing, training, business acumen, and everything in between to create a long term successful career out of the experience.

Cons

It's a challenging, dynamic environment that requires constant strategic sales and marketing process. This in turn can be very meticulous, tiresome, and a constant competition. Some people strive for this culture and others fail. Your success is all dependent on yourself and how you incorporate your training in every level.

Continue reading
      23 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Appreciating every day of my career!

May 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for this company for almost two years now and I have never seen this place as a "job." I moved to Dallas from my hometown to work with Connect DFW because of the opportunity and environment I felt from the minute I walked into our lobby. As everyone else, I started entry level in the Sales and Marketing Division to gain experience and truly understand how our clients campaigns work. Ive worked directly with about 30 of the 110+ clients that we are in partnership with. My favorite campaigns being The Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, and The Arizona Diamondbacks!!! This leads me to one of the things I am most thankful for with Connect DFW, I have traveled more with this company than I every did in my life. I have had the opportunity to manage campaigns in different cities and states. This has taught me how to become a strong leader and be solution oriented but also how to have the work ethic and professionalism to represent large clients. I have also traveled to various networking events where I have met extremely successful individuals not just in our industry but in others as well. I am a very hard worker and I have always understood that promotions and titles should be earned and not just given and that's exactly what I have achieved. I am now in the process of learning the business administration side of things and I have the opportunity to work with both, the CEO and the Directors of each one of our divisions, on a daily basis to reach my next goal of becoming an official partner and Director as well. I choose to continue a very close relationship with the members of our Sales and Marketing Division because it is just so much fun to be a part of that team and be around people who are so hungry to learn and better themselves on a daily basis!! I am thankful to be a part of company that values my hard work, challenges me every day, and respects my work/life balance.

Cons

We have way too many restrictions in our building, let us play ping pong and watch ESPN! We are growing really fast, we really need a bigger office to get more creative juices flowing!

8 people found this review helpful